Sign in to follow this  
auad

Greta Van Fleet

I'm trying to work out if the lead singer is a chick with an afro or a male with low testosterone. Anyone help?

"They sound like Led Zeppelin"

Ok, well Zep isn't doing anything so it gets me my fix.

13 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

"They sound like Led Zeppelin"

Ok, well Zep isn't doing anything so it gets me my fix.

You know what it sucks? People don't give a chance to new bands that actually try to do something different. They are always looking for the new LZ, the new Nirvana, the new Banda Cheiro de Amor... I guess if mainstream rock is your thing, just enjoy whatever you want. But to me rock didn't die in 1979.

By the way, Periphery is releasing a new album soon. Their last one was a masterpiece. Go check them out.

3 hours ago, MillerGNR said:

You know what it sucks? People don't give a chance to new bands that actually try to do something different. They are always looking for the new LZ, the new Nirvana, the new Banda Cheiro de Amor... I guess if mainstream rock is your thing, just enjoy whatever you want. But to me rock didn't die in 1979.

By the way, Periphery is releasing a new album soon. Their last one was a masterpiece. Go check them out.

Taste issue dear maynard ...
for example, I'm sure a lot of those who came here on the topic did not even hear the sound of the guys, and already "disliked" the band ... almost always is like this.

GVF is trying to do something "different," like you said ... they're dare to play ROCK N' ROLL, and they're getting ... great public response. who does not like it, okay, but to detract from people's work is not good.

I'll try to download Periphery's CD, if you have a link, just give me.

And I suggest you get to know Ethereal.

Edited by auad

With all you fuckers arguing about these guys, I had to give a few songs a listen.

They're objectively shit. They sound like a small-town Rush cover band covering Led Zeppelin.

It's all good @auad Yep, it's a matter of taste. You're exactly like my brother. Rock n' Roll is your thing and that's fine. Just don't feel insulted or anything, we're just joking here.

It's in my nature to be a judgemental asshole, don't take me so seriously (although I tend to be rational and leave my assholeness aside when discussing music).

As for Periphery, here are 3 songs by them I really love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtU2WJfPgU

Edited by MillerGNR

11 minutes ago, MillerGNR said:

It's all good @auad Yep, it's a matter of taste. You're exactly like my brother. Rock n' Roll is your thing and that's fine. Just don't feel insulted or anything, we're just joking here.

It's in my nature to be a judgemental asshole, don't take me so seriously (although I tend to be rational and leave my assholeness aside when discussing music).

I will listen.

here some ethereal for U:

Edited by auad

23 hours ago, MillerGNR said:

Estou ouvindo a primeira música agora. bom som dos caras! atmosférico, bons timbres. onda new metal com toques épicos. gostando! não encontrando o cd pra baixar pela net...se tiver link me passe...gosto de ouvir discos na íntegra no carro.

Edited by auad

Yeah, that's a good description. I'm all about atmospheric and epic stuff lol. They give me the chills. As for the link, if you use torrents, you can find it in The Baía Pirata ;) easily.

Just now, MillerGNR said:

Yeah, that's a good description. I'm all about atmospheric and epic stuff lol. They give me the chills. As for the link, if you use torrents, you can find it in The Baía Pirata ;) easily.

Nunca usei torrent. se puder, upe o(s) disco(s) deles num link google drive por exemplo, que baixarei. Valeu!

Greta Van Fleet, Airbourne...whatever, you're entitled to like any derivative rip off band you want but don't get pissy when someone points out they are a shameless rip off.

13 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

Greta Van Fleet, Airbourne...whatever, you're entitled to like any derivative rip off band you want but don't get pissy when someone points out they are a shameless rip off.

Hi. I'm not "pissy". Everyone has the right to like or not a certain artist or band. my observation is only in the sense that it is not necessary to demean anyone's work, that's all.

23 hours ago, auad said:

Estou ouvindo a primeira música agora. bom som dos caras! atmosférico, bons timbres. onda new metal com toques épicos. gostando! não encontrando o cd pra baixar pela net...se tiver link me passe...gosto de ouvir discos na íntegra no carro.

Samuel-L.-Jackson-Jules-Winnfield-Pulp-F

42 minutes ago, auad said:

Hi. I'm not "pissy". Everyone has the right to like or not a certain artist or band. my observation is only in the sense that it is not necessary to demean anyone's work, that's all.

If I'm not mistaken you have written some harsh words about Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters in the past...