John Bonham

Axl's Straight-Up BEST Lyrics

Locomotive are Axls best lyrics start to finish. After that? Coda to Coma....breakdown, estranged...not sure he wrote the lyrics but I like Better too

Well.  It depends. Cause as a 40 year old man.    Shit.  41 year old man (as of today) I find most of his lyrics embarrassing, juvenile, sophomoric, childish, and just plain bad.

BUT.....when I was 14?  I thought he was fucking a poet on the level of Byron Shelley.

When you're a teenager and you get dumped for real for the very first time?  Well, other than NIN, the "truest" line I'd ever heard was

I'll never find anyone to replace you, guess I'll have to make it through this time, oh this time....without you.

Well, let's just say that was my mantra.  It's cheesy as all hell but I'll admit it....I still like it even today.  It meant a lot to me at the time.

Same as pretty much all the lines to LocoMotive.  I thought they were pure genius poetry.  I loved and still love LocoMotive and Breakdown.

And of course I loved all the bad words.  This shit sounded soooooo edgy to me in middle school.

YOU!!  YOU CAN SUCK MY ASS!!!
TURN AROUND BITCH I GOT A USE FOR YOU!!

SUCH A PITY THAT YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH!!

SHE'S JUST A CUNT NOW

POLICE AND NIGGERS....THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

(Always got a kick out of how he said "THAT'S RIGHT" as in "That's right....I fucking said it...you heard me....I said "nigger" you didn't mishear me...I have the fucking balls to say "niggers and faggots" on a major release cause I'm dumb white trash from Indiana and not you or David Geffen or anyone can fucking stop me...come on, what are you gonna do?  I dare you pussy....that's what I thought!!!)

LOL....that's what they say as of 20 minutes ago.  But I love it.  Let's spread this around like gospel.  West Arkeen ghost-wrote all of Axl's lyrics and that's why he has't had a hit song in almost 30 years.

Chinese Democracy songs were pieced together from unfinished ideas that West left behind, but Axl had to pay the family a fortune for his notebooks.  One of the reasons it cost so much and took so long.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, meatpuppet said:

If the world would end today, all the dreams we've had would all just drift away.

For me, this is yet another cringe line from CD. It's a mixed metaphor that I'd correct a high school kid for writing. If the world ended today, our dreams would not subsequently "drift away". They'd just be gone. You know, because of the world ending and all that.

18 hours ago, magisme said:

For me, this is yet another cringe line from CD. It's a mixed metaphor that I'd correct a high school kid for writing. If the world ended today, our dreams would not subsequently "drift away". They'd just be gone. You know, because of the world ending and all that.

Too much literal. You have the same sense of poetry as a rock

Edited by GUNNER

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

Too much literal. You have the same sense of poetry as a rockg

Incorrect, as usual. If I was taking it literally, I would reject the idea of dreams "fading away" at all, because they literally do that exactly never. I'm looking at this precisely from the point of view of poetry, and mixed metaphors are one of the easiest ways to spot a shit poet.