John Bonham

Axl's Straight-Up BEST Lyrics

At first I thought you were talking about progression of tenses or perhaps mixed conjugations. I write lyrics so I find this concept intriguing and don't know how I haven't come across it before. Did I say that right?

56 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

At first I thought you were talking about progression of tenses or perhaps mixed conjugations. I write lyrics so I find this concept intriguing and don't know how I haven't come across it before. Did I say that right?

It's almost always a verb problem, but it's about meaning rather than tense or conjugation. It's basically that your metaphors should always make logical sense. That doesn't mean that they must be possible in reality. It just means that if you're going to take me on a metaphor ride, you have to keep us on the track you've already laid down.

Edited by magisme

On 11/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, magisme said:

For me, this is yet another cringe line from CD. It's a mixed metaphor that I'd correct a high school kid for writing. If the world ended today, our dreams would not subsequently "drift away". They'd just be gone. You know, because of the world ending and all that.

I always thought it was 

If the world would ever end....

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I'll never find anyone to replace you, guess I'll have to make it through

This was the first one that came to mind.