Sign in to follow this  
auad

Salsh praises Buckethead's work on "Chinese Democracy"

XGNK3KRVHbxsTRNNWHkEdm-650-80.jpg

One of the things that’s been a nice surprise at the Guns N’ Roses shows is to hear you playing songs from Chinese Democracy.

Yeah. You know, it’s very different… it’s really cool stuff, but it was played by guitar players that are very different from me style-wise. I’ve sort of adapted my own way of playing those songs to where I feel comfortable with them, but without losing the integrity of how the guitar parts go. So it’s been a lot of fun to do, like, the song “Chinese Democracy,” which I love playing. And there’s a song we’ve been playing lately called “Madagascar,” which, I don’t even know exactly what the guitar parts are on the original at this point because I’ve changed it so much. [laughs]

That said, I also want to give credit where credit’s due — the guitar players that played on Chinese Democracy, Buckethead being one of the main ones — are fucking amazing guitar players. I have to give those guys a shout-out because that stuff was cool. Very different from what I normally do. So it’s been interesting learning some of the stuff that was on that record. I definitely had to figure out ways to adapt to it.

MV5BMTI5MjY3NDM1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTk1

As far as the Conspirators go, there has always been a healthy amount of Guns N’ Roses material in your live shows. Will that change now that you’re actually out there playing those songs again with Guns N’ Roses?

Yeah, definitely. The thing about doing Guns N’ Roses material with the Conspirators is it was just fun for me to do because I hadn’t done it in so long. And even as we built up more of our own material we kept doing it because it’d become part of the gig, you know? I think people had come to expect it. But at this point, after touring for this long with Guns N’ Roses and knowing it’s going to continue on indefinitely, when we go out to support this new record I plan on leaning more on all the Conspirators material. I haven’t sat down yet and really started focusing on what we’re going to do and what we’re not going to do, but that’s the plan. I don’t have any need to do all the Guns stuff anymore. Because I’m doing it.

Next step ... take guitar lessons from Buckethead.

Next, next step ... find a good dentist.

47 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

This

47 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

This

It’s funny how much space Slash occupies in some of your heads.

And how you think that insulting everything Slash does will somehow hurt the feelings of the Slash fans on this forum. 

31 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

It’s funny how much space Slash occupies in some of your heads.

And how you think that insulting everything Slash does will somehow hurt the feelings of the Slash fans on this forum. 

Snakepit Records has deposited $0.50 into your bank account for this post.

1 minute ago, GNS said:

slash should of used the guitar strings for floss instead of making another turd of an album with Myles.

GNS likes this

Edited by GNS

32 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Slash is not in my head. He's in my ass and he's full of shit.

:thumbsup:

It definitely says something that he felt the need to name Buckethead. He must truly feel at least some respect for him, which is cool. I'm sure he thinks Finck and Bumblefoot can fuck themselves sideways though :lol:

10 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

It definitely says something that he felt the need to name Buckethead. He must truly feel at least some respect for him, which is cool. I'm sure he thinks Finck and Bumblefoot can fuck themselves sideways though :lol:

Meanwhile Slash...

Z5l8Ymh.png