Donald Trump

How did Axl blow it with AC/DC?

1 hour ago, I_Are_ess said:

This clears the way for a gnr album

Yes, because Axl had been so busy all these years with multiple side-projects, movie scores etc.

He did n`t have enough time to make a Guns`record :lol:.

11 hours ago, underdog said:

Brasky lied to us

No. Sometimes circumstances change. He just hadn't time to update us before leaving because of the stalkers.

On August 11, 2018 at 1:25 PM, magisme said:

I guess all we can do is hope Mick dies and Keith gives Axl a call.

Fuck that. The Stones are and were too good for Axl even in his prime.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Fuck that. The Stones are and were too good for Axl even in his prime.

I dunno, love me some Stones, but I thought Axl owned it when he and Izzy played Salt of the Earth with the Stones........Axl's jacket be damned

Edited by deelowbrown

On 8/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, magisme said:

I guess all we can do is hope Mick dies and Keith gives Axl a call.

Axl/DC was lightning in a bottle. The perfect fit for his voice. No other job would hold up. 

1 hour ago, deelowbrown said:

I dunno, love me some Stones, but I thought Axl owned it when he and Izzy played Salt of the Earth with the Stones........Axl's jacket be damned

Axl's natural singing voice (I mean non-rasp) is and was very limited though. Mick isn't the best singer ever, but his voice just fits. Axl's bland Indiana accent on a Stones song? Pass. He only worked on the punk version of JJF in '86 and the Stones would never sound like that.

3 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Axl/DC was lightning in a bottle. The perfect fit for his voice. No other job would hold up. 

He'd probably do 95% of the Stones songs in his talking voice.

They were playing Mother's Little Helper on the radio today and it made me think how surprising (once again) it is that Keith is still living.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, Donald Trump said:

Somebody tell Fernando to get Jimmy Page's number. That's the play. Big money and live youtube videos of Axl singing Zeppelin. I would take that over any new material from Guns or DC.

I'm a zep freak and the thought of Axl wheezing through Zeppelin and Page fumbling through the solos makes me both sick and longing for it

10 hours ago, deelowbrown said:

Agreed. Watching Axl and Izzy on stage owning the Stones, made me happy to be a GnR fan... thenIzzy left and Ask went crazy... it got all fucked up... but what could have been. 

1 hour ago, hotdogman said:

I'm a zep freak and the thought of Axl wheezing through Zeppelin and Page fumbling through the solos makes me both sick and longing for it

Page needs to get out there and play all those songs that we all love one last time before he passes away. I saw Page and Plant back in the late 90's and it was fucking awesome!