Donald Trump

How did Axl blow it with AC/DC?

In all honesty, I think Angus was happy with Axl's performances and attitude.  But Brian was like more desperate than Steven Adler to be back in the band, that I think Angus felt bad for him.  Brian probably got some advanced treatment, or a cochlear implant, or something.  

I think this was just a case of, it was never going to be Axl filling in permanently anyway.  People are ragging on Axl around here and fair enough, but I don't think it was his fault.  I mean, I'd love to hear Angus' unfiltered opinion of Axl's voice in GnR.  But the ginger didn't sing like that in AC/DC.  Despite maynard saying "LOL HE'S YELLING IT SUCKS MORE THAN MICKEY", Axl was actually pretty damn good in AC/DC.  

2 hours ago, comedy enthusiast said:

In all honesty, I think Angus was happy with Axl's performances and attitude.  But Brian was like more desperate than Steven Adler to be back in the band, that I think Angus felt bad for him.  Brian probably got some advanced treatment, or a cochlear implant, or something.  

I think this was just a case of, it was never going to be Axl filling in permanently anyway.  People are ragging on Axl around here and fair enough, but I don't think it was his fault.  I mean, I'd love to hear Angus' unfiltered opinion of Axl's voice in GnR.  But the ginger didn't sing like that in AC/DC.  Despite maynard saying "LOL HE'S YELLING IT SUCKS MORE THAN MICKEY", Axl was actually pretty damn good in AC/DC.  

Jesus fuck.

I think Angus realized who he was dealing with and got out while he could.  Ac/Dc fans are breathing a big sigh of Relief, I’m sure.  Big Willie is about to come down from his 3 year bi-polar high.  

1 hour ago, Brian said:

weren't you supposed to have offed yourself by now? i'm losing a bet, hurry the fuck up

I think it basically boiled down to how fans would react to a new album with only Angus remaining. It becomes a much easier pill to swallow if the new album is with Brian/Phil/Angus. Plus I think Angus realized how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Axl into a studio and even if you did trying to do everything on "Axl time" which a 6 month project could turn into years with nothing to show for it.

2 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

This was going to be our last chance to hear Axl sound great in concert and perform on a new rock album. 

Oh well. 

2 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Oh well. 

You'll never hear atlas

And even if you do I guarantee it fucking sucks

On 8/8/2018 at 7:09 PM, comedy enthusiast said:

I think this was just a case of, it was never going to be Axl filling in permanently anyway.

Correct.

Since Day One, Brian and others made it very clear he was stepping away from touring only.  He didn't retire, he didn't permanently leave the band, and he couldn't be more clear when he said “My doctors have told me that I can continue to record in studios and I intend to do that.  For the moment, my entire focus is to continue medical treatment to improve my hearing. I am hoping that in time my hearing will improve and allow me to return to live concert performances."

Excessive noise does not exist in the recording studio, so why wouldn't he continue recording?  :shrugs:

I wanna know what super advanced rich people treatment he got.  They're doing crazy shit now.  Just because Christian retards in the US have power over the government doesn't mean China and other countries aren't rapidly moving forward with stem cells and crispr and all that shit.