No Love Remains

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, Bill Brasky said:

Hard school is about fink

Lyrically, but I wonder if this post was true in that the music dates back to Slash. Matt mentions in his book them having a song recorded for a Jackie Chan movie that had no lyrics in 1996. Duff back in September 1996 in an interview with Howard Stern said they were going to record a song for the upcoming Jackie Chan movie later that day. Axl said the working title of Checkmate was Jackie Chan, and Fortus said there was stuff they were working on that went back to when Slash was still around. So I've always been curious if the song either includes Slash/Duff/Matt or was musically written when they were in the band.

32 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Lyrically, but I wonder if this post was true in that the music dates back to Slash. Matt mentions in his book them having a song recorded for a Jackie Chan movie that had no lyrics in 1996. Duff back in September 1996 in an interview with Howard Stern said they were going to record a song for the upcoming Jackie Chan movie later that day. Axl said the working title of Checkmate was Jackie Chan, and Fortus said there was stuff they were working on that went back to when Slash was still around. So I've always been curious if the song either includes Slash/Duff/Matt or was musically written when they were in the band.

It's not.

Well, since Mexico 2020, when they actually rehearsed this song for live playing, it's possible. It's probably the only staight rocker with a somewhat "catchy" chorus (in terms of CD songs)

Lard School will be butchered live, i'm sure

2 hours ago, guts said:

I thought Atlas Shrugged was about Finck. 

Same. I can't be fucjed to find a decent transcription of the lyrics but does it make sense that it's about Finck? I mean, he plays all over it so did the lyrics all come after or were re-written?