I_Are_ess

Why does this band hate releasing music?

9 minutes ago, auad said:

Remember...

true artists release new material...

Wrong. Picasso is releasing jackshit nowadays.

16 hours ago, Sauerkraut said:

Linguini, how many of Prince's later albums have you listened to? Listen to semi-regularly?

I tried getting into his later stuff and I found it tedious or like he jerked off and threw it onto a CD.

I've listened to Neil Young's and Bob Dylan's later stuff and it made me want to take a nap.

Don't get me started on Aerosmith's horse shit final releases.

The only band I can think of that I half enjoyed their later releases were The Rolling Stones. But then again, everyone else is dead.

If we're being on topic, if Axl had any balls left, he'd use the tour to leverage the brand value, tell Angus to retire already, and make an honest go at re-doing the Chinese Democracy idea with Slash and Duff. If he still cares or has any fire in his dick.

I still doubt that happens for a variety of reasons but I think it'd be awesome if he did. 

I wanna see him go out in a blaze of fucking glory. 

I'm a huge fan of Prince's music up through 1998's Crystal Ball, particularly the mid-80's through mid-90's albums.  Then he lost me with Old Friends, Rave, Rainbow Children etc when he was going through that jazz/horns period.  He did win me back a little with 20Ten, Plectrum and all the hard rock girl band stuff.  But yeah, I agree his earlier music was way better.  The stuff from the early period that was newly released a few months ago is damn good, I listened to it non-stop for about a month.

In general, most musicians make their best music early in their career.  That's because once you have massive success with a new and interesting sound, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.  What do you do next, create an album so similar that it turns people off for being "old" and repetitive?  Or do you go in a different direction and risk alienating fans that don't want to hear totally different experimental stuff?  There's very, very few musicians who would be able to survive on just their recent music without the old stuff.  I also believe when you're trying to make a name for yourself, that's when you are most creative.  Then later on it's "been there, done that".

As for Axl, AC/DC to him is like the hot married chick that you've wanted to fuck since forever.  Once you finally get your chance, the girl you've been with all that time suddenly becomes an afterthought.   :shrugs:

Hi fellas,

I apologize if anybody responded to my posts from yesterday. I haven't read your responses, nor will I respond to them.

This topic features some of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read on a GnR forum.

Fans wanting Axl to turn into a corporate musician who only worries about album sales - ala Beyonce, Justin Bieber and Nikki Minaj........fans who say that musicians shouldn't make music (WTF do they think musicians should do - drive race cars? Become chefs? Musicians make music for fuck's sakes, it's WHY they are MUSICIANS) unless their music will sell millions of copies - it's just mindboggling.   People on here absolutely destroy pop artists who are just corporate shills who have no heart/soul in their music.....but they want Axl to turn into one of them? Get the fuck out of here.

Like I said. Some of the responses in here are the dumbest things I've ever read on a forum (that weren't actual troll posts). So this is my last post. 

Feel free to continue saying Axl Fucking Rose, our favorite singer, shouldn't release music because it won't sell 5 million copies.  Hopefully you'll think about what you've said and realize how stupid it was.

Musicians shouldn't create new music unless it will sell millions. Un-fucking-real.

5 hours ago, auad said:

Remember...

true artists release new material...

I won't argue that point. However, the original poster asked why this band is so reluctant to release new material. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they can more than comfortably rest on their past laurels and seemingly tour forever off of past albums. Until people stop going to shows, I'm not sure there will ever be any perceived "pressure" on this band to release new material. 

To be clear, I hate this situation. The leaks keep me engaged and have me hoping for new material: songs and albums I'd happily hand over money to buy, but they're never released. I imagine the leaks are discouraging to the band, but why not release them? 

I've spent an obscene amount of $ back in the day of the 3 track CD import single with an album track and perhaps a couple of b-sides (live tracks, etc). 

They could've done this with Shadow of Your Love... Throw in a live performance of the song and "Going Down," yeah I'd shell out $12 for it. 

" I guys, Im sorry I didnt read any of your post but Im 100% sure most of you are some of the most retarded people I have ever met. Im a genius and you can fuck off. Im not going to read any of your replies, so I won whatever I won. "

h8wrm.jpg

Reading this thread with interest. What gets me is that there’s probably 2 fuckin albums worth of material that could’ve been released years ago. 

I went to Vegas in 2016 to those first gigs which cost me a fortune. I’m now at the point where I won’t spend another penny unless and until new music is released. No gigs, no re-releases, no boxes, nada 

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Reading this thread with interest. What gets me is that there’s probably 2 fuckin albums worth of material that could’ve been released years ago. 

I went to Vegas in 2016 to those first gigs which cost me a fortune. I’m now at the point where I won’t spend another penny unless and until new music is released. No gigs, no re-releases, no boxes, nada 

You’re right

Because they're shit at making music.

All this pretentious shit from 1997 - 2008 turned out to be a load of old pish.

There's nothing in the tank worth releasing.

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

Because they're shit at making music.

All this pretentious shit from 1997 - 2008 turned out to be a load of old pish.

There's nothing in the tank worth releasing.

But, but, Axel is so mean and he hates his fans, he has the vault full of epic music, he should release it for the fans as a true artist, why is he so afraid  blah blah arf arf

So we could at least have a chance to decide if it sucks or not? 

Just imagine how many great songs we would never get to hear if the author kept thinking his work was not good enough.. 

Damn, I wish he was able/willing to just do NuGNR as a solo project in name as well all those years ago. Imagine. Three Axl Rose albums or so, all of these bloody mystical songs now part of a small solo catalogue, a few years playing large theatres/small arenas, then the hybrid reunion. 

In 2004, the record company refused to pay Axl another advance for Chinese Democracy, so he had to pay everything out of his own pocket. His musicians, the studio rent, all the other shit, etc. That's pretty expensive, especially if you've thrown all your money out of the window. So he sold his royalties to Sanctuary for 19 mil USD. That means that, until he's 63, all the new music the GN'R brands puts out its owned by Sanctuary and its boss, Merck Mercuriadis. And since Axl had a nasty public fallout with Merck, I think the reason there's no new music is simply that he doesn't want him to get all that money.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, I_Are_ess said:

The fans all know music exists. 

The band have music. 

The fans want the music. 

This seems like supply and demand. 

How come axl and co do not want to release new music? 

Yes I know it's ironic to post this topic on the release week of a box set touted to have 49 unheard tracks. But they are all versions of stuff we have anyway.  Personally im looking forward to the 4 versions of your crazy. (Every disc I swear to god). 

It's just like come on. I know they owe us nothing. But surely there's only so many times they can tour appetite or cd. The cd tour was 14 fucking years long or something. 

i have to disagree with them owing the fans nothing ..BULLSHIT...if you get in the music business ..perform and get a contract to release music...you certainly owe that to the people who fucking support you and your damn lifestyle. WHO BY THE WAY GUNS N RUMORS WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT US..but like so many spoiled bands forget the people who MADE THEM..

I wouldn't say they owe us new music or anything like that. Ultimately an lol artist should release what they want to release. That said, they certainly owe us a lot more than they seem to think they do.

GNR is composed of such awful people.

6 minutes ago, magisme said:

I wouldn't say they owe us new music or anything like that. Ultimately an lol artist should release what they want to release. That said, they certainly owe us a lot more than they seem to think they do.

GNR is composed of such awful people.

Do you think Axl sees himself as an artist these days?

1 minute ago, GUNNER said:

Do you think Axl sees himself as an artist these days?

That's a good question. I honestly have no idea. We get so little information.

23 minutes ago, magisme said:

That's a good question. I honestly have no idea. We get so little information.

I dont think he does. Art is an expression of inside passion. He must know that he doesnt have "that" energy, passion, rage, or whatever, anymore.

Even when he can pull that rasp again, you can feel that he's just trying to use the technic right, it doesnt come from his soul.

He looks more like just a performer now. Like a Drag Queen.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:43 AM, I_Are_ess said:

In 2004, the record company refused to pay Axl another advance for Chinese Democracy, so he had to pay everything out of his own pocket. His musicians, the studio rent, all the other shit, etc. That's pretty expensive, especially if you've thrown all your money out of the window. So he sold his royalties to Sanctuary for 19 mil USD. That means that, until he's 63, all the new music the GN'R brands puts out its owned by Sanctuary and its boss, Merck Mercuriadis. And since Axl had a nasty public fallout with Merck, I think the reason there's no new music is simply that he doesn't want him to get all that money.

The best answer so far.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:43 AM, I_Are_ess said:

If this is true, Axl is a bigger dweeb than ever thought possible...

Izzy should get the old band back and call them

Izzy Stradlin with 4 Wheels &  No Axle ?

1965-ford-mustang-no-engine-no-tranny-no

Edited by pacu44

5 hours ago, pacu44 said:

If this is true, Axl is a bigger dweeb than ever thought possible...

Izzy should get the old band back and call them

Izzy Stradlin with 4 Wheels &  No Axle ?

1965-ford-mustang-no-engine-no-tranny-no

If only we'd he such a band. 

What velvet revolver could have been.