Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

2018-2019 NFL Discussion

Cowboys are ass, thank fuck the Hawks finally picked up a win. Refs certainly didn't help. Hell of a flop, Dak. Roughing indeed.

9 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Cowboys are ass, thank fuck the Hawks finally picked up a win. Refs certainly didn't help. Hell of a flop, Dak. Roughing indeed.

I’ve watched every game that Dak has started. And have said this even in his rookie season. He is a mediocre nfl QB at best. 

Its baffling to me that NFL writers and broadcasters don’t see this. I just read a story on ESPN that said Dak wasn’t the problem.

There is a difference between watching a team play 2-3 games a year and watching highlights compared to watching every single snap of every single game. 

He cannot create a play with his arm. 

He isn’t smart enough to out-smart a defensive. 

He is afraid to take any risk. He could have Jerry rice or randy moss going deep and if they have a defender beside them, Dak wouldn’t throw it. 

He can create some offense with his legs. 

The subtle aspect is that he rarely delivers a perfect pass. Brady. Brees. These guys will deliver the ball in perfect position to a receiver. A Dallas receiver will be open and instead of Dak delivering the pass where the receiver catches it in stride - the ball will be a foot to the left or right or behind him. So the receiver will have to take the second to adjust and reach back or over for the ball. Like Trent Dilfer use to do.

Also, a Cowboys beat reporter said that another issue is that Dak just isn’t very football smart. That the staff has had to “dumb down” the offense so he could get a grasp on what he is supposed to do.

So when people scream for the Cowboys OC to get fired, what they don’t realize is that the Boys vanilla offense isn’t because of him. He had 100 play options with Romo. But with Dak.....the OC’s job is very limited. 

What does Dallas need? To fire Jason Garrett. For Jerry Jones to retire. And trade Dak for draft assets or use him as a 2nd stringer. 

2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

I’ve watched every game that Dak has started. And have said this even in his rookie season. He is a mediocre nfl QB at best. 

Its baffling to me that NFL writers and broadcasters don’t see this. I just read a story on ESPN that said Dak wasn’t the problem.

There is a difference between watching a team play 2-3 games a year and watching highlights compared to watching every single snap of every single game. 

He cannot create a play with his arm. 

He isn’t smart enough to out-smart a defensive. 

He is afraid to take any risk. He could have Jerry rice or randy moss going deep and if they have a defender beside them, Dak wouldn’t throw it. 

He can create some offense with his legs. 

The subtle aspect is that he rarely delivers a perfect pass. Brady. Brees. These guys will deliver the ball in perfect position to a receiver. A Dallas receiver will be open and instead of Dak delivering the pass where the receiver catches it in stride - the ball will be a foot to the left or right or behind him. So the receiver will have to take the second to adjust and reach back or over for the ball. Like Trent Dilfer use to do.

Also, a Cowboys beat reporter said that another issue is that Dak just isn’t very football smart. That the staff has had to “dumb down” the offense so he could get a grasp on what he is supposed to do.

So when people scream for the Cowboys OC to get fired, what they don’t realize is that the Boys vanilla offense isn’t because of him. He had 100 play options with Romo. But with Dak.....the OC’s job is very limited. 

What does Dallas need? To fire Jason Garrett. For Jerry Jones to retire. And trade Dak for draft assets or use him as a 2nd stringer. 

I don't watch the Cowboys but from what my limited viewing experience has told me is that he doesn't have good accuracy past twenty yards or so down the field. How can you stretch the defense if you don't have a good deep ball?

This sort of goes with my next point. Dak was successful a few seasons ago because he had a great offensive line and one of the best backs in the league during that time. DeMarco was under appreciated throughout his career. So the run game allowed him to throw some easy passes and open up beyond ten yards. 

But yeah. Everyone knows the Cowboys are awful. 

What are the odds New England misses the playoffs? I still think they'll make it in.

dykp0uylt3o11.png?width=1024&s=5930b12a8b30dadf07ae395a54707017798576cd

As a Dolphin fan i fully expect us to implode.....let me enjoy this while I can

Edited by bran

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I don't watch the Cowboys but from what my limited viewing experience has told me is that he doesn't have good accuracy past twenty yards or so down the field. How can you stretch the defense if you don't have a good deep ball?

This sort of goes with my next point. Dak was successful a few seasons ago because he had a great offensive line and one of the best backs in the league during that time. DeMarco was under appreciated throughout his career. So the run game allowed him to throw some easy passes and open up beyond ten yards. 

But yeah. Everyone knows the Cowboys are awful. 

What are the odds New England misses the playoffs? I still think they'll make it in.

That’s what ended Dez Bryant’s career.  Dez is single covered 30-yards down field. Tony Romo throws it to him and let’s Dez out muscle the defender. Dak won’t make the throw. Because he knows his accuracy sucks. And because he is afraid of an interception.  

People also forget that Jones desperately wanted Paxton Lynch. And were trying to trade for him. He turned out worse than Dak. 

2 hours ago, bran said:

dykp0uylt3o11.png?width=1024&s=5930b12a8b30dadf07ae395a54707017798576cd

Hide contents

As a Dolphin fan i fully expect us to implode.....let me enjoy this while I can

Pats will still win 11-12 games. 

New England always seems to experiment a little in the first couple games of the season. 

But great start for Miami. 

6 hours ago, Skeeter said:

New England always seems to experiment a little in the first couple games of the season. 

Absolutely. 

It will be the same dance for the AFC as it has been for the past decade; Pats and Steelers AFC Championship. I see the Steelers are spanking the Buccs right now. I think Pats beat Miami by two tds next weekend. 

I think Chicago gets the wild card and wins one in the playoffs this year. I can feel it in my gut.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:23 PM, Skeeter said:

The Patriots are the Jason Voorhees of football, I fully expect them to at least make the AFC championship game.

:lol: Yeah, who in the fuck wants to listen to women while men play grabass with each other?

Nevermind that I used to be a pro wrestling fan. 

20 hours ago, magisme said:

There are some solid female announcers. 

IMO the problem is they try too hard once they get their big chance on network TV. They try toooo hard to prove they belong and it makes it painful to listen to them. The lady who does the nba games is a perfect example. She tries to make every comment sound like it’s the play of the decade. 

Their bosses just need to tell them.  “Relax”. Men do it too. ARod does it in baseball. Jason Whitten does it on the Monday night football. 

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The radio pundits were all high on Minnesota for this game. Clearly they don't know Minnesota football.

Cousins is who we think he is....who he has always been.

And the Rams might be the real deal.

8 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Cousins is who we think he is....who he has always been.

Have you seen some of the names they have on their defense alone?

If they don't win the Super Bowl they fucked up. It is practically theirs with a team like this.

8 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Cousins is The Vikings are who we think he is they are....who he has,they have always been.

The Vikings suck so goddamn much. If ESPN tries to hype this team you know it's going to be a trainwreck season.

I'm not saying Zimmer should be fired. I am not going to call for a coach's head, but I will say that this team needs to make some adjustments going forward. They remind me of a classic Andy Reid team; have all the pieces but come up short every year. 

The Vikes will never be Super Bowl material. I say 8-7-1 at best. 

Shockingly I see us beating the Eagles next weekend though. 

Why you may ask? Because Mike Zimmer does just enough to keep people believe he is a good coach. 

7 hours ago, bran said:

That went as expected.

Sorry for the wipeout. 

But I’ve got a $100 bet with a buddy in who will win more games - Dallas or Miami. So I need you guys to lose a few more. 

16 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Sorry for the wipeout. 

But I’ve got a $100 bet with a buddy in who will win more games - Dallas or Miami. So I need you guys to lose a few more. 

We will lol

Fuck the Vikings. Fuck sorry ass Zimmer. Fuck all the delusional cunts that think this shit team can turn it around. Fuck roughing the passer. 

Alright there goes my Sunday. Back to bed.