Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

2018-2019 NFL Discussion

(Basically just an excuse to argue with Skeeter for 11+ pages.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/mike-pereira-if-the-new-rules-dont-reduce-concussions-the-kickoff-is-gone/

Here is our first topic to debate. It is no secret some pussies want to eliminate kickoffs. Looks like they may get their wish in 2019.

Rest in peace football.

It is getting harder and harder for me to even watch the NFL anymore, the game is just becoming way too boring compared to what it used to be.

The NFL is in interesting position.

The CBA expires in 2020 and the last one was dog shit from the players perspective but it's also arguably ruined the game.

XFL will probably suck dick but Ebersol's league could be interesting. 

The good news is there will be competition for the first time in a long time

There's still college football. 

Why hasn't college football been plagued with CTE and kickoff controversy? 

The college game is as popular as its ever been. I don't think we have go wonder why.

With what they know about concussions and CTE now I believe tackle football should be banned if you are under 18. You would have to be an absolute moron to let your kid play football at this point.

45 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

The college game is as popular as its ever been. I don't think we have go wonder why.

College football is saving football, love watching it.

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Simplest explanation is probably the correct one. You are a human in college, once you hit the NFL, you are a machine. The training regimen and technology available now that colleges can't afford makes people bigger and faster than they could ever be. A 250lb guy in the NFL can run just as fast if not faster than 190lber in college, but now there's an extra 60lbs hitting you.

I am just going to have to accept the undeniable fact that my favorite sport will a small fraction of its former self a few years from now. 

A game without kickoffs is like drinking warm piss beer. 

13 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I am just going to have to accept the undeniable fact that my favorite sport will a small fraction of its former self a few years from now. 

A game without kickoffs is like drinking warm piss beer. 

Shit kinda just happens. Go ahead and YouTube dirty hits in 80's football games, that they fucking GOT AWAY with. Full on suplexing. What I love about the Seahawks' Legion of Book, is they hit hard, but clean (usually).  Shoulder to the chest. They will not get rid of kickoffs. They can get away with small rule changes, tackling protocol, what defines a catch, move the extra point back; but to eliminate something as big as kickoffs, where many, many, momentum changing touchdowns are scored? Nah.

If DeShaun Watson can stay healthy he could win MVP. He's special but the scars on his knees show that he probably won't be around for very long.

Just watched episodes one and two of HBO's Hard Knocks featuring my beloved losers, the Cleveland Browns.

That Jarvis Landry can catch.

This just might be a fun season after all.

Lol no one is paying attention to Cleveland, Josh.

Edited by AxlisOld

15 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Lol no one is paying attention to Cleveland, Josh.

Dude...the show is awesome though.  They say "fuck" a lot and everything!

16 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

The Browns are hyped up this year. Many believe they'll even beat the Steelers (yes please) on week 1.

17 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I bet they do.

"Dude, why the fuck do we suck so fucking much? Fucked if I know, maybe cause we're the fucking Browns?"

Off topic but I think it's a requirement to be a shithead to enroll or be a fan of Ohio State.

Every single person I have met who has been an Ohio State fan was a cunt. True story. 

Also Kirk Herbstreit can go fuck himself.

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Off topic but I think it's a requirement to be a shithead to enroll or be a fan of Ohio State.

Every single person I have met who has been an Ohio State fan was a cunt. True story. 

I can vouch for this.  For the MOST part.  Not everyone.