Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

This I Love re-mix

The album version his better. Of course I always prefer the rasp but, in this case, the album vocals are more natural and have more feeling. It has much more to do with the song's mood than the rasp.

Remix is much better in every aspect. The cheesiness is still there but it's not as hilarious as the album version. The only good thing about the album version is the solo. Everything else is pathetically bad.

If anybody still needed any proof that Axl is completely out of mind, him choosing the cry baby vocals over a real good performance for the final version of the song must do the trick.

2 hours ago, maynard said:

If anybody still needed any proof that Axl is completely out of mind, him choosing the cry baby vocals over a real good performance for the final version of the song must do the trick.

New love found for rocks and thunders Maynard?

I also like the rasp more, but the cheesy song demands the cry baby voice, like it or not. I mean "lets make a cheesy song and put a beast voice on it to not look too fag"... I think thats dumb.

Can't stop listening to this new Til. It's one of the catchiest songs in cd and Axl's vocal track is a masterpiece

19 hours ago, GUNNER said:

New love found for rocks and thunders Maynard?

I also like the rasp more, but the cheesy song demands the cry baby voice, like it or not. I mean "lets make a cheesy song and put a beast voice on it to not look too fag"... I think thats dumb.

Yeah,  cuz you're dumb

The beast voice is his trademark. Nobody gives a shit about the fat voice/mickey voice, regardless of the song is cheesy or not. Axl singing without rasp=failure. GNR have a bunch of cry baby songs which are considered classics now

That's how simple is that. It's not even an opinion, it's a fact

34 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Yeah,  cuz you're dumb

The beast voice is his trademark. Nobody gives a shit about the fat voice/mickey voice, regardless of the song is cheesy or not. Axl singing without rasp=failure. GNR have a bunch of cry baby songs which are considered classics now

That's how simple is that. It's not even an opinion, it's a fact

Since when his voice on TIL is mickey?

1 minute ago, GUNNER said:

Since when his voice on TIL is mickey?

whatever voice he uses (maybe excluding his lower range/speaking voice) is complete shit. Rasp or bust. 

Album version vocals are insulting now that we have the remix and are able to hear how great Axl can sound when he wants to. 

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

whatever voice he uses (maybe excluding his lower range/speaking voice) is complete shit. Rasp or bust. 

TIL and Dont Cry have the same structure, half crying baby voice, half rasp. I dont understand what do you mean.

Talking about Dont Cry, many people rather listen early days live version or the demos, with no rasp, than the studio version.

I guess this is just people trying to be rebels. If the studio version has rasp, they like the clean demos more. If the studio version has clean voice they like the raspy demos more. Just like Catcher demo is better with B May, and IRS demo is better. Geeze, its impressive how all the rubish demos are better than the finished albums versions. If GnR achived so much success with the shit quality albuns I can only imagine how the could be better than Led Zep, the Stones and Queen combined if the had released the demos instead.

All this "I want to be so alternative" fever sounds ridiculous to me.

As I said before, I like the rasp more, but I can see that the album version makes much more sense, artistically.

11 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

TIL and Dont Cry have the same structure, half crying baby voice, half rasp. I dont understand what do you mean.

Talking about Dont Cry, many people rather listen early days live version or the demos, with no rasp, than the studio version.

I guess this is just people trying to be rebels. If the studio version has rasp, they like the clean demos more. If the studio version has clean voice they like the raspy demos more. Just like Catcher demo is better with B May, and IRS demo is better. Geeze, its impressive how all the rubish demos are better than the finished albums versions. If GnR achived so much success with the shit quality albuns I can only imagine how the could be better than Led Zep, the Stones and Queen combined if the had released the demos instead.

All this "I want to be so alternative" fever sounds ridiculous to me.

As I said before, I like the rasp more, but I can see that the album version makes much more sense, artistically.

Yeah, you clearly don't

Don't cry demos are in his lower range and he even sing in his speaking voice

It's not about being a rebel, it's about having a taste and liking a singer for his trademark voice. Like i said, there are exceptions

Demos often had a much more rawer sound, more simple,  or having more "air" between the instruments... 

Even the hardcore Axl fans and CD fans claim the demos are much better and the final versions are over produced. 

GNR achieved success with good quality albums, you know the older stuff that made them famous. GNR never achieved anything remotely close to a success with CD. 

So alternative, says the guy, who still defend Axl's every move, claims that Axl is better than Slash in an age where it's more than clear that he is a fat slob and he needed Slash to save the b(r)andname from fading into total obscurity

It would be cool to have the raspy TIL vocals with the actual music, but artistically, Axl made bad choices since 1990 (yes, even in the UYI days). Yeah, we get that it's his "art" (c'mon it's a fucking rock band, not the mahavisnu orchestra or whatever) but he ruins his own shit, or even worse doesn't release them

15 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Yeah, you clearly don't

Don't cry demos are in his lower range and he even sing in his speaking voice

It's not about being a rebel, it's about having a taste and liking a singer for his trademark voice. Like i said, there are exceptions

Demos often had a much more rawer sound, more simple,  or having more "air" between the instruments... 

Even the hardcore Axl fans and CD fans claim the demos are much better and the final versions are over produced. 

GNR achieved success with good quality albums, you know the older stuff that made them famous. GNR never achieved anything remotely close to a success with CD. 

So alternative, says the guy, who still defend Axl's every move, claims that Axl is better than Slash in an age where it's more than clear that he is a fat slob and he needed Slash to save the b(r)andname from fading into total obscurity

It would be cool to have the raspy TIL vocals with the actual music, but artistically, Axl made bad choices since 1990 (yes, even in the UYI days). Yeah, we get that it's his "art" (c'mon it's a fucking rock band, not the mahavisnu orchestra or whatever) but he ruins his own shit, or even worse doesn't release them

This

Oh yeah and let'sbe clear. The remix is still not good. The nursery rhyme lyrics are horrible. The melody repeats itself from start to end and it's nowhere near DC or any old song level. Trademark Axl vocals are great tho. The crybaby sobbing album version is cringe-worthy.

23 hours ago, GUNNER said:

the cheesy song demands the cry baby voice

No song of any kind demands Axl's crybaby voice.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

The bar is so low that people think he sounds good on this. 

What is your problem with the vocals?

He genuinely sounds good, burst out his trademark rasp like a piece of cake and even his melodies are cool. (i'm not talking about the lyrics which are shit no matter what)

Its not ok to sound like a crying baby in a cheesy song about his dead mother or steph seymour or yoda or whatever, but its ok to sound like a dying cat.

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

Its not ok to sound like a crying baby in a cheesy song about his dead mother or steph seymour or yoda or whatever, but its ok to sound like a dying cat.

When the dying cat sounds awesome and the crying baby sounds cringe-cuck, yes.

Just now, magisme said:

When the dying cat sounds awesome and the crying baby sounds cringe-cuck, yes.

I just realised that a crying baby and a dying cat sounds quite similar ... so, forget my post :lol: