Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I haven't followed Guns for years now, but I will always say I joined 'Team Slash' (if you will), pretty early on in my fandom. 

 

None of us know the whole story, but Axl just doesn't seem to give a shit about anything. Slash, on the other hand, seems more eager to try new things and keep the wheel turning. He is a true entrepreneur with good PR. 

 

Don't know who's to blame and don't really care. They both probably did some shit things, but as a musician Slash definitely outshines Axl in every way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, comedy enthusiast said:

People have accused me of "hating" Slash over the years, but the truth is I never have. 

 

And now more than ever, I respect the man.  He's going out there and trying to make the best out of a situation he has no control over.  He's out there trying to inject some energy into a lifeless machine of which he has become apart of and absorbed himself into.  Axl's so far gone, there's nothing Slash can do.  Other than put on his game face and try to give the fans what they want.  He's taking one for the team.  

 

If it weren't for Axl, Steven would be there.  And I'll tell ya hwhat, Slash, Steven, and Duff plus an Axl impersonator is sounding really good right now.  I can't say if Izzy would be there, but I bet Slash would've compromised and payed Izzy what he wanted.  So, the original 4 plus an Axl soundalike.  Could it be called Guns n' Roses?  I digress.  

 

Good on Slash.  Good for him man.  He's trying his damndest.  He's showing up for work and going for it.  He has to deal with Fernando and god knows what other glorified hangers on.  He takes it in stride.  He puts on a show.  He gives a laudable effort.  He was one of the original members.  He owns a piece of the GnR name in the hearts and minds.  And that's all that matters.  

 

He better put all his effort on his job. He has a family to feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, comedy enthusiast said:

People have accused me of "hating" Slash over the years, but the truth is I never have. 

 

And now more than ever, I respect the man.  He's going out there and trying to make the best out of a situation he has no control over.  He's out there trying to inject some energy into a lifeless machine of which he has become apart of and absorbed himself into.  Axl's so far gone, there's nothing Slash can do.  Other than put on his game face and try to give the fans what they want.  He's taking one for the team.  

 

If it weren't for Axl, Steven would be there.  And I'll tell ya hwhat, Slash, Steven, and Duff plus an Axl impersonator is sounding really good right now.  I can't say if Izzy would be there, but I bet Slash would've compromised and payed Izzy what he wanted.  So, the original 4 plus an Axl soundalike.  Could it be called Guns n' Roses?  I digress.  

 

Good on Slash.  Good for him man.  He's trying his damndest.  He's showing up for work and going for it.  He has to deal with Fernando and god knows what other glorified hangers on.  He takes it in stride.  He puts on a show.  He gives a laudable effort.  He was one of the original members.  He owns a piece of the GnR name in the hearts and minds.  And that's all that matters.  

Great post. 

He deserves a lot of credit for saving Axl and GnR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, auad said:

He needs a dentist and give lessons to Buckethead 

I agree. He should definitely teach Buckethead how to make legendary riffs and solos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

shit thread

100%. Slash being a hero for making millions of dollars doing nothing but assimilating to the shitfest is one of the dumbest narratives to ever hit the forums. And considering the retarded narratives we've been through, that's saying something. Slash didn't save the shit, he added to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damn_Smooth said:

100%. Slash being a hero for making millions of dollars doing nothing but assimilating to the shitfest is one of the dumbest narratives to ever hit the forums. And considering the retarded narratives we've been through, that's saying something. Slash didn't save the shit, he added to it. 

Saved Axl from being destitute though. Heard he was having trouble paying for Pittman at one point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barry said:

Saved Axl from being destitute though. Heard he was having trouble paying for Pittman at one point. 

Highly doubt saving Axl motivated Slash to do anything. Only thing he saved was himself from Perla's alimony and child support. Axl saved himself by hiring Slash. And they formed a complete shitshow. They're both fat and shit prostitutes. Sad how the world's best band became the world's shittiest. 100% fact that there are no heroes here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's go back to 2014: Axl's band final shows at the Vegas Casino were coming. Ron was leaving, Tommy was gone, Ashba was more concerned with Sixx AM or whatever his band was called, Fortus and Dizzy had Dead Daisies, Pitoman was not even being paid... Things were looking ugly. Their DVD featuring the flying piano song was not exactly a huge hit.

 

On Slash's side, he had two albums under the SMKC name, he could keep on doing it for as long as it was profitable. And seeing now that's he's doing it again, well, it seems profitable enough.

 

Without Fernando calling Slash (Why couldn't Axl do it himself? Such a Beta male thing to do), let's imagine what could have happened to Axl's GNR.

 

He would have to hire two new guitar players. Duff could rejoin but it could also be the case to get a new bass player. For guys like Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus, GNR would be a side gig while they were recording and touring with their own bands. And I think it's safe to say Axl would have not released any new music.

 

How would media and fans react to yet another round of replacements joining the band? Would they be part of CD2? Would they rewrite BBF's parts? Which had already replaced Buckethead's parts?

 

Or... Axl could have retired.

 

So, no... Slash is not a hero for getting millions while doing a meh job on stage. And yes, he benefited a lot from joining the band again. He's now making easy money while recording and releasing his own stuff, drama-free.

 

But Axl had more to lose, I guess. If you compare Axl's and Slash's situation in 2014, Axl's band was about to implode. Slash was doing his thing just fine.

 

I don't even like Slash's music or care about him personally. I'm just stating the obvious here. Just imagine how GNR would be today if he wasn't asked to return. I think we wouldn't have heard from Axl since the last Vegas show TBH. Total hidden mode. And mygnr would be theorizing about his big return while the guy was in fact retired and fatter than ever on his couch. Maybe saying he saved GNR is too much but the guy gave Axl a chance to be relevant again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever imagine Maynard making such big posts like these, to defend a murderer? I know killing people is just another working day in Brazil, but this is a little too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, auad said:

He needs a dentist 

:rofl-lol:

 

Be carefull, man. Slash's army is ggonna get you for telling the truth.

 

Just look how they already started to edit your quotes to fit their agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

:rofl-lol:

 

Be carefull, man. Slash's army is ggonna get you for telling the truth.

 

Just look how they already started to edit your quotes to fit their agenda.

ok bro.

I'll be careful.
Slash is a lazy asshole. has been playing the same thing forever. not to mention that he needs a dentist.

Axl needs to visit Dr. Rey to improve his face ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, auad said:

Axl needs to visit Dr. Rey to improve his face

You just broke GUNNER's heart. He thought he had made a new friend. :(

 

 

18 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Did you ever imagine Maynard making such big posts like these, to defend a murderer? I know killing people is just another working day in Brazil, but this is a little too much.

Is suing magazines for saying stuff you don't like  about your idols also common in Portugal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Let's go back to 2014: Axl's band final shows at the Vegas Casino were coming. Ron was leaving, Tommy was gone, Ashba was more concerned with Sixx AM or whatever his band was called, Fortus and Dizzy had Dead Daisies, Pitoman was not even being paid... Things were looking ugly. Their DVD featuring the flying piano song was not exactly a huge hit.

 

On Slash's side, he had two albums under the SMKC name, he could keep on doing it for as long as it was profitable. And seeing now that's he's doing it again, well, it seems profitable enough.

  

Without Fernando calling Slash (Why couldn't Axl do it himself? Such a Beta male thing to do), let's imagine what could have happened to Axl's GNR.

  

He would have to hire two new guitar players. Duff could rejoin but it could also be the case to get a new bass player. For guys like Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus, GNR would be a side gig while they were recording and touring with their own bands. And I think it's safe to say Axl would have not released any new music.

 

How would media and fans react to yet another round of replacements joining the band? Would they be part of CD2? Would they rewrite BBF's parts? Which had already replaced Buckethead's parts?

 

Or... Axl could have retired.

 

So, no... Slash is not a hero for getting millions while doing a meh job on stage. And yes, he benefited a lot from joining the band again. He's now making easy money while recording and releasing his own stuff, drama-free.

 

But Axl had more to lose, I guess. If you compare Axl's and Slash's situation in 2014, Axl's band was about to implode. Slash was doing his thing just fine.

 

I don't even like Slash's music or care about him personally. I'm just stating the obvious here. Just imagine how GNR would be today if he wasn't asked to return. I think we wouldn't have heard from Axl since the last Vegas show TBH. Total hidden mode. And mygnr would be theorizing about his big return while the guy was in fact retired and fatter than ever on his couch. Maybe saying he saved GNR is too much but the guy gave Axl a chance to be relevant again.

May I present to you the alternate universe in which Axl decides not to call Slash.

 

Axl nuts up, calls Izzy (failing that, Gilby) and Adler and does a half-ass reunion arena tour. People shit on it for not having Slash and it doesn't make as much as the stadium tour does in our universe but he gets by through the GNR name, the Axl/Duff/Izzy/Adler lineup, and good promotion. At this point he's already doing fine, but then he joins AC/DC and ascends beyond the limitations of his mortal fleshsack like he did in our universe. This time around, he doesn't have the GNR reunion holding him back, so he can devote his full attention to AC/DC, resulting in a career renaissance. Meanwhile, Slash's divorce goes through and leads him to utter bankruptcy with only Myles albums and ancient album royalties to pay the multimillion dollar divorce fees. Seems to me Axl saved Slash with his gracious phone call. :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

 Seems to me Ferdinand saved Slash with his gracious phone call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maynard said:

Let's go back to 2014: Axl's band final shows at the Vegas Casino were coming. Ron was leaving, Tommy was gone, Ashba was more concerned with Sixx AM or whatever his band was called, Fortus and Dizzy had Dead Daisies, Pitoman was not even being paid... Things were looking ugly. Their DVD featuring the flying piano song was not exactly a huge hit.

 

On Slash's side, he had two albums under the SMKC name, he could keep on doing it for as long as it was profitable. And seeing now that's he's doing it again, well, it seems profitable enough.

 

Without Fernando calling Slash (Why couldn't Axl do it himself? Such a Beta male thing to do), let's imagine what could have happened to Axl's GNR.

 

He would have to hire two new guitar players. Duff could rejoin but it could also be the case to get a new bass player. For guys like Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus, GNR would be a side gig while they were recording and touring with their own bands. And I think it's safe to say Axl would have not released any new music.

 

How would media and fans react to yet another round of replacements joining the band? Would they be part of CD2? Would they rewrite BBF's parts? Which had already replaced Buckethead's parts?

 

Or... Axl could have retired.

 

So, no... Slash is not a hero for getting millions while doing a meh job on stage. And yes, he benefited a lot from joining the band again. He's now making easy money while recording and releasing his own stuff, drama-free.

 

But Axl had more to lose, I guess. If you compare Axl's and Slash's situation in 2014, Axl's band was about to implode. Slash was doing his thing just fine.

 

I don't even like Slash's music or care about him personally. I'm just stating the obvious here. Just imagine how GNR would be today if he wasn't asked to return. I think we wouldn't have heard from Axl since the last Vegas show TBH. Total hidden mode. And mygnr would be theorizing about his big return while the guy was in fact retired and fatter than ever on his couch. Maybe saying he saved GNR is too much but the guy gave Axl a chance to be relevant again.

It’s funny to watch the mygnrforum/fags do everything in their power to not give Slash any credit at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Axl saved himself by hiring Slash.

 

And they formed a complete shitshow. 

1. Exactly. 

2. Maybe. That’s what a small minority of forum posters think. 

On the other hand. 50,000 people a night are paying to go see them. So they are giving the overwhelming majority of their fans what they want. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

 

May I present to you the alternate universe in which Axl decides not to call Slash.

 

Axl nuts up, calls Izzy (failing that, Gilby) and Adler and does a half-ass reunion arena tour. People shit on it for not having Slash and it doesn't make as much as the stadium tour does in our universe but he gets by through the GNR name, the Axl/Duff/Izzy/Adler lineup, and good promotion. At this point he's already doing fine, but then he joins AC/DC and ascends beyond the limitations of his mortal fleshsack like he did in our universe. This time around, he doesn't have the GNR reunion holding him back, so he can devote his full attention to AC/DC, resulting in a career renaissance. Meanwhile, Slash's divorce goes through and leads him to utter bankruptcy with only Myles albums and ancient album royalties to pay the multimillion dollar divorce fees. Seems to me Axl saved Slash with his gracious phone call. :shrugs:

May I present you the alternate universe in which Angus gets deaf instead of Brian.

 

They never consider hiring Slash to replace him and retire the band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maynard said:

May I present you the alternate universe in which Angus gets deaf instead of Brian.

  

 They never consider hiring Slash to replace him and retire the band.

ah right youre one of those "axl got the acdc job because of salsh!!" people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×