Jump to content
GNS

Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition Leaks Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

 

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

 

 

Fuck the label.  

 

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

I suspect it's also a much more reasonable collection if stupid Guns N' Roses fans didn't hold shitty demos and bootlegs in such high regard. The label probably has no idea or interest that most of the stuff has been fired about in the past. That said, that only excuses about a third of the release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

 

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

 

 

Fuck the label.  

 

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

According to one fan that isn’t the case. 

She sad a well known “fan” of the band worked extensively with somebody from the band. She shared items from her collection that the band used for the box set. 

 

This posters says that the band is behind the release 100% and that it wasn’t put together by execs. 

 

She says she has proof of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Conor said:

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

 

The timming it's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troccoli is the owner of that original GNR banner, I think.  From 1985 or so.

 

http://www.troccolitm.com/Banner.html

 

You'd think they would have had to talk to him if they wanted a good reproduction.  Yet, he didn't seem to know anything about the contents of the box before it was announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, magisme said:

The acronym begins with SOY.

 

Case closed.

Its even worse:

 

SOY Light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haters Gonna Hate said:

1,000 dollars lmfao that’s crazy

 

I laughing at you poor people whose only problem about this is the money it costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conor said:

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

Excuse me ? who are you calling a moron ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barry said:

At least this is a song in Axl's currently decent vocal range. They should play this live.

 No. He would go full Mickey on this one :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Excuse me ? who are you calling a moron ?

 

4 hours ago, Conor said:

anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good collection. I'm satisfied with this, but his vocals on the new Shadow of Your Love recording are not even close to the Original one.

I'm buying the 2 cd's version just to get Appetite Remastered and the few demos that interests me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

But I said " fuck this band" so, you call me a moron ?

Sure, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Conor said:

Sure, why not?

Bitch please. Let`s play a small game, shall we ?

 

Who`s a moron ? someone who calls spade a spade AKA someone who calls this box set what it is, ripping off fanbase, as retarded as they may be, or someone who praises this big, overpriced pile of shit for the sake of it ?

 

I`ll leave it up to you to decide what`s the correct answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Bitch please. Let`s play a small game, shall we ?

 

Who`s a moron ? someone who calls spade a spade AKA someone who calls this box set what it is, ripping off fanbase, as retarded as they may be, or someone who praises this big, overpriced pile of shit for the sake of it ?

 

I`ll leave it up to you to decide what`s the correct answer.

So trigger happy :lol: How is it ripping off the fanbase? It's not like you can't hear these tracks without forking out the cash. If someone wants to pay it, let them pay for it. It doesn't change your day. I'm not praising it, I just don't think it's this ridiculous slap in the face. It's not the label or Guns N' Roses' fault that fans have been wanking themselves to death over shit bootleg mp3s and YouTube videos of old unreleased tracks.

 

I think you're a moron if it riles you up, which going by your offended reaction to what I originally said... Of course I've no doubt you'll spin this as me being some fanboy who's defending everything this precious shit band does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Conor said:

So trigger happy :lol: How is it ripping off the fanbase? It's not like you can't hear these tracks without forking out the cash. If someone wants to pay it, let them pay for it. It doesn't change your day. I'm not praising it, I just don't think it's this ridiculous slap in the face. It's not the label or Guns N' Roses' fault that fans have been wanking themselves to death over shit bootleg mp3s and YouTube videos of old unreleased tracks.

 

I think you're a moron if it riles you up, which going by your offended reaction to what I originally said... Of course I've no doubt you'll spin this as me being some fanboy who's defending everything this precious shit band does. 

Offended ? no, stupidity does n`t offend me.

 

Can you smart-ass point where I said those who are stupid enough to pay too much money for this obscenely expensive pile of excrements ? can`t do so ? you can`t because you pulled it out of your ass.

 

I only said the product was n`t worth the price it costs. Which is true. If there were unheard songs included then it would be different. It, sure as shit, is the band`s faullt those retards will murder their parents for some shit demos and outtakes of already released stuff.

 

I think you`re a moron if you think this release riles me up one way or another. That`s all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

 

Can you smart-ass point where I said those who are stupid enough to pay too much money for this obscenely expensive pile of excrements ?

 

What are you even talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...