GNS

Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition Leaks Discussion Thread

In the interest of documentation, I'm glad they are putting this stuff out.   

Shadow of your love sounds great! I hope all the other demo songs have high sound quality.  

High price calling

hanging over your head

I hope you're heard baby all I said

you gone cold or even misread

no use crying

you're as good as dead

*signs is to read fat, shit edition box set jokes*

"Guys, Shadow sounds great!"

"Guys, Shadow is best Axl since Rapidfire!"

"Guys, I'm dancing in the hallway!"

"Guys, guys, guys....!"

*places pistol barrel in mouth*

Chris Lord-Alge now them choose the right mixer for the job love all his work got all his videos tutorials he did, if this guy had mixed CD... not that Caram crap ...the world would be different lol

I keep making references to "dancing in the halls" over at the gyner but those retards don't get the reference.

I've said it a thousand times....why the FUCK are GNR fans so horse-ass stupid???

The "I've always loved/hated" syndrome now applies to things as well as people. All of a sudden, Shadow of Your Love has always been every GNR fan's favorite song.

9 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I love the fact that people on mygyner are losing their minds over this "NEW" song that we've had officially released on the Live and Let Die single, Live From the Jungle EP, and even Hollywood Rose for over 25 years now.

Those dumbfucks are convinced it has all new Axl vocals and Slash guitar parts.

Their stupidity is making me so mad I'm gonna give myself an aneurysm. 

But like... it quite literally says it's from the 1986 sessions.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

*signs is to read fat, shit edition box set jokes*

"Guys, Shadow sounds great!"

"Guys, Shadow is best Axl since Rapidfire!"

"Guys, I'm dancing in the hallway!"

"Guys, guys, guys....!"

*places pistol barrel in mouth*

Go to any of the GnR fanpages and it’s a 50-50 split. 

Half are saying “fuck this band”....but I literally just read a post from a guy saying “OMG I’ve been waiting for shadow to be released forever! Can’t wait to hear it live”....these people are the reason that GnR doesn’t have to even try anymore. 

1 hour ago, imsorry said:

Chris Lord-Alge now them choose the right mixer for the job love all his work got all his videos tutorials he did, if this guy had mixed CD... not that Caram crap ...the world would be different lol

Samuel-L.-Jackson-Jules-Winnfield-Pulp-F

I think Axl put more effort into directing the animation of the shadow of your love lyric music video, then he did in overseeing the rest of the project, from conception through to production. (and all it is, is the cartoon dudes fucking arm just moves, and the camera pans in and out )

SOYL its being released now, so the general public can understand why Axl sings like Mickey nowadays.

Geeze, it hurts just from listening.

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, Conor said:

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

Depends on the perspective in which you look at it.

On the surface, it's cool - a nice gesture even. Dig a little deeper, and it's just rehashed bullshit that no one really wanted, at least not before the rest of the new music (cd era) or new music written by 3/5 appetite band, or fuck, axl/dc.

But this cow is easier to milk if you have brazilians squeezing the teat, while the famer is out back with his feet up .

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

Fuck the label.  

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

If this wasn't a preorder, then this shit would barely shift at all especially in this price range.

By waiting a month+ for this shit to hit the general public (and therefore internet) they're guaranteeing them decent sales (by todays standards).

2 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

Fuck the label.  

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

I'll do the scenario:

*fernando returns to the malibu mansion wearing a red checkered tie, white business shirt and black pants, all 3 sizes too big

Fernando: Hey Axl, we had our monthly meeting today, it went longer than expected ..4 hours in fact, can you believe it?

Axl: It takes me 4 hours to put my socks on, so what?

Fernando; well it made me feel productive. Anyways, we need to release something , the record label are threatening to release the next installment of chinese if we don't start cashing in on the fans soon

Axl: no fuck that, im hoarding that for another 20 years, um.. whats something that requires minimal effort on my part but will get *some sales* buit wont be any detriment to my artistic integrity

Fernando: say no more, ill release 5 versions of each of the appetite songs, plus some old shit that is lying in the corner of the safe, as well as some photocopied posters all packaged up in faux leather.  We will then market it using a 30 year old song as the single.

Axl: are you still talking? its 11am and i'm trying to sleep