GNS

Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition Leaks Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, imsorry said:

Chris Lord-Alge now them choose the right mixer for the job love all his work got all his videos tutorials he did, if this guy had mixed CD... not that Caram crap ...the world would be different lol

Samuel-L.-Jackson-Jules-Winnfield-Pulp-F

I think Axl put more effort into directing the animation of the shadow of your love lyric music video, then he did in overseeing the rest of the project, from conception through to production. (and all it is, is the cartoon dudes fucking arm just moves, and the camera pans in and out )

SOYL its being released now, so the general public can understand why Axl sings like Mickey nowadays.

Geeze, it hurts just from listening.

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, Conor said:

I understand disappointment at remastering a load of old songs and outtakes with nothing new, but anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron. Shit, sure, but it's hardly a bad thing.

Depends on the perspective in which you look at it.

On the surface, it's cool - a nice gesture even. Dig a little deeper, and it's just rehashed bullshit that no one really wanted, at least not before the rest of the new music (cd era) or new music written by 3/5 appetite band, or fuck, axl/dc.

But this cow is easier to milk if you have brazilians squeezing the teat, while the famer is out back with his feet up .

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

Fuck the label.  

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

If this wasn't a preorder, then this shit would barely shift at all especially in this price range.

By waiting a month+ for this shit to hit the general public (and therefore internet) they're guaranteeing them decent sales (by todays standards).

2 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Putting out a collection of old demos is perfectly reasonable.  It'd be nice to have them in cleaner quality, even though we've had them all for over 25 years.

But expecting us to to pay either $200 or a THOUSAND fucking dollars for a handful of old demos??

Fuck the label.  

I doubt the band is even aware of the extent of this release.  Were probably just told "We're releasing a deluxe set of Appetite."  And they said "Oh.  Cool."

I'll do the scenario:

*fernando returns to the malibu mansion wearing a red checkered tie, white business shirt and black pants, all 3 sizes too big

Fernando: Hey Axl, we had our monthly meeting today, it went longer than expected ..4 hours in fact, can you believe it?

Axl: It takes me 4 hours to put my socks on, so what?

Fernando; well it made me feel productive. Anyways, we need to release something , the record label are threatening to release the next installment of chinese if we don't start cashing in on the fans soon

Axl: no fuck that, im hoarding that for another 20 years, um.. whats something that requires minimal effort on my part but will get *some sales* buit wont be any detriment to my artistic integrity

Fernando: say no more, ill release 5 versions of each of the appetite songs, plus some old shit that is lying in the corner of the safe, as well as some photocopied posters all packaged up in faux leather.  We will then market it using a 30 year old song as the single.

Axl: are you still talking? its 11am and i'm trying to sleep

24 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Fuck the label.  

I suspect it's also a much more reasonable collection if stupid Guns N' Roses fans didn't hold shitty demos and bootlegs in such high regard. The label probably has no idea or interest that most of the stuff has been fired about in the past. That said, that only excuses about a third of the release.

37 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Fuck the label.  

According to one fan that isn’t the case. 

She sad a well known “fan” of the band worked extensively with somebody from the band. She shared items from her collection that the band used for the box set. 

This posters says that the band is behind the release 100% and that it wasn’t put together by execs. 

She says she has proof of this. 

54 minutes ago, Conor said:

The timming it's all.

5 minutes ago, magisme said:

The acronym begins with SOY.

Case closed.

Its even worse:

SOY Light

1 hour ago, Haters Gonna Hate said:

1,000 dollars lmfao that’s crazy

I laughing at you poor people whose only problem about this is the money it costs.

3 hours ago, Conor said:

Excuse me ? who are you calling a moron ?

9 minutes ago, Barry said:

At least this is a song in Axl's currently decent vocal range. They should play this live.

No. He would go full Mickey on this one :lol:

55 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Excuse me ? who are you calling a moron ?

4 hours ago, Conor said:

anyone saying "fuck this band" for putting out a big collection of high quality tracks is a moron

It's a good collection. I'm satisfied with this, but his vocals on the new Shadow of Your Love recording are not even close to the Original one.

I'm buying the 2 cd's version just to get Appetite Remastered and the few demos that interests me.