GNS

Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition Leaks Discussion Thread

On 7/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, auad said:

listening to the package all these days ... let's go to my impressions ...
opportunism aside, it's a great experience to listen to the AFD (cd1) with this crystal quality (remastering) ... of course, some opinions may change in the course of this experiment ...

the super-appreciation(overvalue) of this album is clear. it's a good rock record, but that's it, there's nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary about it. Listening to the whole album a few times ... it's clear to me the weakness of tracks like TAY and OTGM, stupid generic tracks. I started to like "Anything Goes," and the hits are even stronger in this remastering.

It is not clear to anyone why they include "Lies" in this package (of course, to get more money, more content, so to speak), but the best music of Lies left out (OIAM). The acoustic versions of “You’re Crazy” ROCKS!

Sound City Mixes (cd4)... The highlights are NR (both versions), The Plague, and New Work Tune (could have turned into something good).

Other highlights of cd4 are this "new" version of SOYL, sounds powerful, and without a doubt, the great highlight of the cd: "Move to the City" 1988 Acoustic version (this sounds very well recorded).

The question that remains (one more), is why they did not use the 1988 versions of the demos (if exists) that sound much better ... those of 1986 do not sound good ...

I'll listen to the cd3 (the demos).

What about your impressions? @GUNNER, @maynard, @bacardimayne, @John Bonham, @EstrangedTWAT, @hotdogman, @uruguns, @Litti, @Vauxhall95, @I_Are_ess?

Not a pissing clues to why but maybe theybdo not own the rights. Caught in studio limbo etc?,

Why in the ever loving fuck is the Ritz '88 show not included on this box set? If GNR ever did archival releases like this, Ritz seemed like a no brainer, but I forget this band has no brains or common sense.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:52 AM, sixes said:

GNR fan myth #1, #1A, #1B: AFD is the greatest debut album ever, AFD is the greatest rock album ever, AFD is the greatest hard rock album ever

okay, let's try

AFD is the greatest hard rock debut album ever

#1: myth in this form

#1A: lol it's a myth, it only exists in close-minded GNR fan circles

#1B: that's also very debatable, but it's in the TOP 10 for sure

9 hours ago, Major Mayhem said:

The Way he sang it kind of reminded me of Silkworms.

Listen Motherfuckers to this song that should be heard...

On 7/8/2018 at 5:48 AM, Dr. Brownstone said:

Why in the ever loving fuck is the Ritz '88 show not included on this box set? If GNR ever did archival releases like this, Ritz seemed like a no brainer, but I forget this band has no brains or common sense.

Umm, maybe, just maybe, because it's probably the most bootlegged GNR show ever and literally everybody saw it years, decades ago?

Ritz 1987  would have been better, but i guess those lousy school-video effects were ruined the original recording

A few full shows from 1985 would have been nice and a proper 1986/87 show would be even better. I guess TB's and Axl's childish hatred towards Canter wouldn't allow it to happen. I simply can't imagine that nobody recorded (filmed/videotaped etc.) these guys while they were recording AFD. it's a given and its probably out there some where. A fucking McDonalds employee was videotaped while singing a faux WTTJ, the band recording the actual album ain't... fucking hell

On 5/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, GnRLiars said:

There a song on it called The Plague

ive never heard this. 

Has anyone?

im not spending hundreds of dollars on this to hear one unreleased demo

But I did....🤬🤬