Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

What's IRS all about?

Recommended Posts

I've never noticed before, because I've never really listened to it, but what's IRS all about?

The lyrics are terrible. The song is shit. This is a fact. 

However, I'd like to hear your opinions on what the fat one is trying to get across here. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barry said:

I've never noticed before, because I've never really listened to it, but what's IRS all about?

The lyrics are terrible. The song is shit. This is a fact. 

However, I'd like to hear your opinions on what the fat one is trying to get across here. 

Thank you

Embarrassing lyrics from Axl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its about rock n roll, baby.

 

Best rock n roll performance of Axl in that album, not to say in all his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hold the opinion that the only good lyric in the history of GNR is "I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just, fuck off" from It's So Easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not have to make a new thread every time a brain fart pops up in you head. Just so you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's another song about Axl arguing with someone, them leaving, and him going "don't make a federal case out of it". I think.

It'd be a pretty good song if it had different lyrics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRS is great.

If you don't like IRS, then you don't like Nu-GnR, because they only have a half a dozen good songs total, and IRS is one of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a crime you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRS is objectively better than Anastasia.

 

Weigh each song on lyric, vocals, aggression, riff and it wins hand down and it's not even the best song of CD.

 

Anastasiaaaaaaaaaaa All my love Anastasia, Anastasia Anastasiaaaaaaaaaaa

 

sounds like the pencil necked geek is having a stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRS has its moments. I like the angry-vocals in the verses, but the production is weak as fuck (in all versions, not just the final released one), the chorus is pedestrian and the solo is a Frankenstein mess. Live it was a little better but he never once did the scream properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GNS said:

Weigh each song on lyric, vocals, aggression, riff and it wins hand down and it's not even the best song of CD.

lyrics - anastasia

vocals - anastasia

aggression - irs

riff - anastasia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

lyrics - anastasia

vocals - anastasia

aggression - irs

riff - anastasia

objectively deaf. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GNS said:

IRS is objectively better than Anastasia.

 

Weigh each song on lyric, vocals, aggression, riff and it wins hand down and it's not even the best song of CD.

 

Anastasiaaaaaaaaaaa All my love Anastasia, Anastasia Anastasiaaaaaaaaaaa

 

sounds like the pencil necked geek is having a stroke

It’s not a competition though. 

 

Music is subjective. For me, Anastasia is a way better song. 

 

Imo IRS musically had the potential to be the best pop-rock song on the album. But the juvenile lyrics just ruin it for me. And they aren’t bad lyrics as in “that doesn’t really make any sense” but bad as it sounds like they were written by a seven-year old child. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok maybe vocals is borderline but all in all anastasia is a much better song

 

curious to know which riff in IRS you think is better than the anastasia one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

lyrics - anastasia

vocals - anastasia

aggression - irs

riff - anastasia

That’s it. 

The aggression. The scream. It is pretty catchy too. 

But the lyrics are so bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solo is a fucking masterpiece. Bucket's, obviously. Finck's is an out of tune, over bent, staccatoy fucking mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't like IRS, you don't "get" what Axl was going for with NUGNR. Axl didn't even know what he was going for, but he was unintentionally writing a concept album about making an album when you're Axl Rose and the entire world is against you.

 

I think the lyrics of IRS are supposed to be like a typical woe is me, the world is against Axl megalomaniac dis track about how his ex's drag things out through court and sue him. It's hyperbole about needing them IRS+FBI. It's Axl's patented sense of humour shining through in his lyrics. That's the joke, that his ex's and everybody else suing him are going through such leaps and bounds that they are going to get the President in order to mess with Axl. 

 

I like the 1999 version best. 

 

 

edit: wrong version YT link

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, gunsntortillas said:

If you don't like IRS, you don't "get" what Axl was going for with NUGNR. Axl didn't even know what he was going for, but he was unintentionally writing a concept album about making an album when you're Axl Rose and the entire world is against you.

 

I think the lyrics of IRS are supposed to be like a typical woe is me, the world is against Axl megalomaniac dis track about how his ex's drag things out through court and sue him. It's hyperbole about needing them IRS+FBI. It's Axl's patented sense of humour shining through in his lyrics. That's the joke, that his ex's and everybody else suing him are going through such leaps and bounds that they are going to get the President in order to mess with Axl. 

 

I like the 1999 version best. 

 

 

edit: wrong version YT link

 

 

Still a pretty good version. 

 

I like it. 

Thanks for posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×