Sign in to follow this  
GNS

Does anyone else miss the blues live?

51 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

We all know Sorry is about Alder,

sOD is about Slash...

Pretty sure you made that up on your own. Everybody has always known Sorry is about Slash.

11 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Pretty sure you made that up on your own. Everybody has always known Sorry is about Slash.

did I?

did i?

wheres Brasky?

2 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Yep.

Yep.

I don't know.

Ok. Maybe I made up the Adler part.

but we all know the stardust at Axls feet that leaves a taste that’s bitter sweet is Slash’s ball sack

As of this writing the last time the Blues was played live was in Tokyo 2012, and I was there.

So on a purely selfish level I hope it never gets played again, just so there is something "special" about that show.

Not that it was ever a rare song.  It was played at pretty much every single show from 2001-2012.

The Blues is objectively the best objective Guns N' Roses song. Objectively of course.

When I was 16, I used to walk around listening to it on my 2GB Sony MP3 player on loop because I was sad that my girlfriend moved away, and only someone as emotionally complex as Axl could articulate a song that was relatable to what I was feeling at that time.

"Everywhere I go I see youuuuu"

"Holy shit, how does he know!"

Tell me that doesn't make it the best GNR song. 

On 2/5/2018 at 3:21 AM, GNS said:

sorry?

The Blues is very obviously about Slash. Axl has claimed that he doesn't write songs about one person/situation, so I'd buy there is some lame ass Stephanie Everley shit in there, but it is like 95 percent about Slash. 

First off, the song is called 'The Blues'. (Yeah, he changed the title, probably because he didn't want people to catch on and get weirded out that he wrote a (presumably) heterosexual love ballad about Slash and how hard it is to find another Blues guitarist).

Just read the lyrics. First verse is about Axl trying to keep him in the band, truly loving him, but Slash is a prick. Second is about how Slash stinks at music now because he'll never be able to do what he did while in GNR, and how hard it must be to be Slash because Slash has to live with the burden of lying all the time and being mean to Axl. Next few are just BS about how hard it is to recruit a guitar player and make a GNR album since he is stuck with Paul Tobias and can't find another Blues guitarist like Slash. 

"What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anyyymaaahhhhhh" followed by a guitar solo? Come on. 

What this means to me is more than I know you believe
What I thought of you, now, has cost more than it should for me
What I thought was true before, were lies I couldn't see
What I thought was beautiful, is only memories

That is like grade A Axl persecution complex stuff. I don't know how anyone who has been following the band, listening to the type of things Axl says during the CD era about Slash and other issues, and not see how this song is clearly a heterosexual love ballad about replacing him and then coming to terms with the fact that old GNR is dead and beyond saving.

But I think the Slash theory is interesting. The fact that it used to be played at every show before being pulled adds more weight.