4 hours ago, jackie moon said:

I've been arrested twice and pulled over 3 times, no charges, tickets or fines. 

i have a black belt in talking to police, AMA. 

Arrested? For what?

On 04/02/2018 at 10:18 PM, meatpuppet said:

Arrested? For what?

once drunk in public, extremely. They put me in the back and were taking me to the drunk tank, I talked them into taking me home. I think I suggested I was roofied, I don't really remember a lot but I know I basically held steady that I was a victim and just trying to get home, so they took me home. 

The other time, I had smoked some weed in my car, okay, an excessive amount of weed, and later, hours later, went through a road block, they could clearly smell it so they arrested me, put me in the back of the car, and searched my vehicle. I just played dumb, an easy performance, and suggested it was the lingering smell of hockey gear / a skunk collision. They found some traces of weed but let it go. TBH, that was very stupid and I got lucky. I stopped smoking in my car after that. Well, for the most part. 

When they were done their search the cop came to his car, with me in the back, and said "okay, so we found a pound of marijuana in your trunk.." and i nearly had a heart attack

"just kidding"

I had played hockey with the guy before, but did not play the "hey i was your goalie" card - i felt that would be a bad look and just denying everything was a better play. 

1 hour ago, jackie moon said:

When they were done their search the cop came to his car, with me in the back, and said "okay, so we found a pound of marijuana in your trunk.." and i nearly had a heart attack

"just kidding"

I had played hockey with the guy before, but did not play the "hey i was your goalie" card - i felt that would be a bad look and just denying everything was a better play. 

1 hour ago, jackie moon said:

once drunk in public, extremely. They put me in the back and were taking me to the drunk tank, I talked them into taking me home. I think I suggested I was roofied, I don't really remember a lot but I know I basically held steady that I was a victim and just trying to get home, so they took me home. 

The other time, I had smoked some weed in my car, okay, an excessive amount of weed, and later, hours later, went through a road block, they could clearly smell it so they arrested me, put me in the back of the car, and searched my vehicle. I just played dumb, an easy performance, and suggested it was the lingering smell of hockey gear / a skunk collision. They found some traces of weed but let it go. TBH, that was very stupid and I got lucky. I stopped smoking in my car after that. Well, for the most part. 

original_61654014.?1472581078

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-recruits-law-understanding-20180202-story.html

Baltimore police recruits set to hit the streets with poor understanding of law, academy’s legal instructor says

A third of Baltimore Police recruits set to leave the academy and hit the streets lack a basic understanding of the laws governing constitutional policing and are being pushed through by the department nonetheless, according to the academy’s head of legal instruction.

“We’re giving them a badge and a gun tomorrow, the right to take someone’s liberty, ultimately the right to take someone’s life if it calls for it, and they have not demonstrated they can meet [basic] constitutional and legal standards,” said Sgt. Josh Rosenblatt Friday.

After a gun and badge ceremony at the academy Saturday, the recruits will receive eight weeks of training on the street before formally becoming Baltimore police officers, department officials noted.

But Rosenblatt, an attorney by training, said in an interview with The Baltimore Sun that 17 of those 50 recruits failed to pass scenario-based practical tests on legal standards related to basic police work, such as the need for probable cause before making arrests.

He said all did pass eventually, but only after he and other legal instructors were removed from administering the tests.

Some of the recruits, he said, have not been able to master basic material. Four have been in the academy for 18 months, having been recycled back from previous classes to continue their training, and still haven’t grasped the legal concepts, he said.

“With 18 months of training, they’re still failing to meet very basic legal standards,” he said. “Don’t illegally arrest people. Don’t illegally search people. These are not high standards.”

Acting Police Commissioner Darryl De Sousa said Friday night that he is looking into Rosenblatt’s concerns and reviewing the curriculum at the academy.

“Under my watch, there isn’t going to be a single police officer who does not satisfactorily pass any Maryland police training requirements,” De Sousa pledged. “They won’t be allowed to go on the streets. It’s plain and simple.”

A spokesman for Mayor Catherine Pugh said she is confident De Sousa is addressing the concerns. The Baltimore State’s Attorney’s office referred all questions to police.

Rosenblatt said he decided to speak to The Sun because academy leaders have ignored concerns raised by him and others.

After some recruits repeatedly failed legal tests, Rosenblatt said, academy officials returned to an old, less rigorous multiple-choice test.

Academy leaders also decided the tests would be administered by other police officers at the academy, rather than by Rosenblatt and other legally-trained instructors, Rosenblatt said.

“When I said that police officers are not more qualified to test on the law than lawyers are, I was forcefully told that I was wrong,” Rosenblatt said.

When the multiple choice test was administered, every recruit passed, he said.

De Sousa defended the testing, saying it met state standards. But he said he would be reviewing how the current recruit class was tested and would make “any modifications” that are needed.

“I’ll take a look at that, and we’re doing it really rapidly,” he said.

Rosenblatt said his more rigorous testing model was not new — he introduced it after becoming an academy instructor two or three years ago — and has not been a problem before.

Pugh and police officials have said that the department is hundreds of officers short, and is doing everything it can to fill those positions.

Pugh has said the department should have 3,000 officers, and called the fact that it has fewer than 2,000 on active duty working on the streets “really devastating.”

She has also said that her administration has made huge strides in recruitment — including by shortening the amount of time it takes to get new police officers on the job.

In September, then-Commissioner Kevin Davis — who Pugh fired last month — said that recruitment was outpacing attrition for the first time in years.

“There’s rumors out there and urban legends out there about no one wants to come to Baltimore, no one wants to be a Baltimore cop,” Davis said. “That’s all really a bunch of B.S.”

At a Neighborhoods Symposium Dec. 5, Pugh said she had used her Bloomberg Innovation Team, funded by Bloomberg Philanthropies, to brainstorm and come up with solutions to the shortage after two years of frozen police hiring and attrition rates of 20 to 25 officers a month had left the force depleted.

“I was in a position that I had to step up hiring police officers for our city,” she said. And she claimed her administration had been able to cut the time it takes to “become a police officer” dramatically.

The department has promised to improve training on constitutional policing as part of its consent decree with the U.S. Department of Justice.

The decree, which mandates sweeping reforms to the police department, was the result of a U.S. Department of Justice investigation that concluded the police department had engaged in widespread unconstitutional and discriminatory policing for years, particularly in poor, predominantly black neighborhoods.

The federal agency said illegitimate police stops, searches and seizures were a major problem for the department, as was a lack of adequate training for officers.

No shit?

http://lawandcrime.com/police/sheriff-caught-on-tape-ordering-mans-death-laughing-saying-i-love-this-shit/

Sheriff Caught on Tape After Suspect’s Shooting, Laughing, Saying: ‘I Love This Shit’

A sheriff in Tennessee is being sued after a recording surfaced in which he gleefully ordered his deputies to shoot and kill an unarmed man as he was being slowly pursued on the highway.

After his deputies obeyed the command to kill Michael Dial, White County Sheriff Oddie Shoupe, apparently unaware his words were being captured by another officer’s body camera, said:

They said ‘we’re ramming him.’ I said, ‘Don’t ram him, shoot him.’ Fuck that shit. Ain’t gonna tear up my cars. I love this shit. God, I tell you what, I thrive on it.

Shoupe continued to share his feelings about the matter, growing increasingly tickled by the death he had just ordered. Through laughter, he said, “If they don’t think I’ll give the damn order to kill that motherfucker they’re full of shit. Take him out. I’m here on the damn wrong end of the county.”

Sheriff Shoupe’s comments form the basis of a federal lawsuit filed against him by Michael Dial’s widow, Robyn Dial. That suit, in which excessive force is alleged, also names White County, the City of Sparta, Tennessee and the two deputies who fired at Shoupe’s command.

The lawsuit accuses Shoupe of ordering Dial’s killing with a “malicious and sadistic mindset,” and reads, in part, “It was not only inappropriate but also unconscionable for Defendant Shoupe to give the order to use deadly force.”

The family’s attorney, David Weissman, spoke to The Guardian about the video. He said, “The comments as seen on the video are extremely disturbing. I’m not sure how anybody can thrive on the taking of a life, let alone somebody in law enforcement.”

Dial’s widow, in comments to local News Channel 5, was clear as to why the order was given to kill her husband. She said, “I feel with every part of me that’s exactly what they wanted to do was kill him.”

When Dial was killed last April, deputies from two counties had initially attempted to pull him over for driving with a suspended license. Dial ignored being hailed by law enforcement, however, continuing to drive his 1976 pickup while hauling a fully-loaded trailer.

The slow-speed chase began in DeKalb County. Dekalb County Detective Jimmy Martindescribed the situation.

“We might have got up to 50 at one point. For the most part it was 30 to 40 miles per hour,” he said.

Once the chase reached White County, DeKalb County deputies ceded jurisdiction.

An investigation by the local district attorney later ruled the shooting justified.

http://m.nbc12.com/story/37465183/former-dinwiddie-deputys-sex-crime-charges-set-aside-must-forfeit-law-enforcement-certification

Former Dinwiddie deputy's sex crime charges set aside, must forfeit law enforcement certification

DINWIDDIE, VA (WWBT) - A former Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy is now a free man after he was accused of sex crimes against a 13-year-old. The state decided to set aside the charges against the former officer, as long as he never works in law enforcement ever again.

Now 46-year-old Hector Jimenez is speaking out, saying he just wants to clear his name. Even though he hasn't been proven innocent or guilty, he no longer faces jail time or a trial.

"I feel like I’m still getting the short end of the stick, being humiliated, that it did happen when it didn't happen,” Jimenez told NBC12.

It's the first time the former Dinwiddie Sheriff’s deputy has spoken out after being arrested for taking indecent liberties and aggravated sexual battery against a 13-year-old girl in 2015.

"Intimidation the victim felt, because her assailant was a law enforcement officer, and she felt that internally and felt that quite strongly and thus was quite afraid, and afraid of going against him,” said Prosecutor Ann Cabell Baskervill.

She says she decided to set aside the charges in part because of the emotional trauma it could cause the alleged teenage victim, who agreed to testify had the case gone to trial. As part of the agreement though, Jimenez's law enforcement certification has to be revoked.

"He will not be in law enforcement again. Not in Virginia. Not anywhere and not in any circumstances…We’re going to keep him away from badges and guns,” Baskervill said.

"He's seen how the criminal justice system treats certain individuals, and I don't think he has a desire to be a part of that system any longer…He has a bevy of skills, as the prosecutor stated during her motion, a bevy of skills and talents he can use to be a productive member of society, and he plans on doing that going forward,” Defense Attorney Amari Harris argued.

The state says the charges - although set aside for now - can be brought up again at any time.

"I'm innocent…That particular incident never happened,” Jimenez said.

Baskervill applauds the alleged victim for stepping forward and says she agrees with her story 100 percent.

An area police group is concerned about the agreement.

“Under the law, decertification must be based on express guilty pleas or convictions, failure to pass a drug test, or failure to train. The decertification statute was never intended to be used as a bargaining tool to avoid prosecution,” said Dana Schrad of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police.

1 minute ago, magisme said:

What incentive do GM, Ford and other manufacturers have in making autonomous cars? Accidents are bound to happen. Who covers the cost when it clearly isn't the 'driver's' (obviously using this word ironically here) fault?

Opens up a chance for a lot of lawsuits.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:57 AM, arnold layne said:

I just saw a cop talking on the phone will driving which is ILLEGAL in Oklahoma. 

Hypocritical dicks gonna be hypocritical dicks.

Dude I see that all the time....

That meme is so old I bet the file type is bitmap

That meme is so old James Franco doesn’t want to fuck it

That meme is so old the rock has hair

That meme is so old CDs are in it

that meme is so old the daughter has already had children (not rly but that’d have been funny)

12 minutes ago, Sauerkraut said:

(not rly but that’d have been funny)

It would have had one up on that post then.

Age doesn't mean one god damn thing in regards to the truth, huh?

28 seconds. I made it 28 seconds before feeling physically ill watching that. Ok jury, you have a video, that doesn't seem very justified. Don't fuck it up.

4 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

28 seconds. I made it 28 seconds before feeling physically ill watching that. Ok jury, you have a video, that doesn't seem very justified. Don't fuck it up.

They will though, because they always stack the jury with copsuckers.

It just can't keep happening. Not with video as readily available as it is becoming. Juries can't just keep ignoring it.

8 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

It just can't keep happening. Not with video as readily available as it is becoming. Juries can't just keep ignoring it.

I sincerely hope that you're right.