Donald Trump

Do we need an UFO thread now?

I mean I'm not shocked why people have a hard time believing in UFO's to be honest. This can really go back to Project Bluebook in the 1950's. The Airforce wanted to know if UFOs were a threat to national security and if they were created by extraterrestrial beings. J. Allen Hynek was a professor of astronomy and physics at Ohio State. He was picked by the Airforce to work on two different projects in the 1940' and 1950's(Project Sign and Project Grudge) before working on Project Bluebook. He was basically the Air Force's "debunker" on these projects. He would interview people and basically say they were full of shit, but then when doing Bluebook, he was getting reports from Air Force pilots and from military personal about sightings they have had. Hynek then started to become a believer, and by the end of his life he went from a government debunker to a full fledged UFO investigator. 

3 hours ago, altered beast said:

Shut up you queer european.  

lol, that made me laugh:lol: 

Is he called queer cause he is european, or just cause you consider him a queer?

1 hour ago, MBrose said:

lol, that made me laugh:lol: 

Is he called queer cause he is european, or just cause you consider him a queer?

Yes I was playing off the stereotype that European males are more effeminate and we saved their pansy asses in World War 2.  But also the fact that UFO hunting is not just an American thing, as he was implying. 

19 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I thought he sounded sketchy as fuck on Rogan but he can claim vindication and that ain't no fake news. 

tom Delonge or Fox Mulder: you decide..

instant follow on Twitter

i can't wait for his announcement

It is awesome to see UFO questions being asked during press briefings. It kind of feels like some of us that have read about and believed in UFOs for years are getting some kind of vindication.

7 minutes ago, bran said:

It is awesome to see UFO questions being asked during press briefings. It kind of feels like some of us that have read about and believed in UFOs for years are getting some kind of vindication.

Yeah, but critical thinking will still be looked down upon by those incapable of doing it.

13 hours ago, altered beast said:

Yes I was playing off the stereotype that European males are more effeminate and we saved their pansy asses in World War 2.  But also the fact that UFO hunting is not just an American thing, as he was implying. 

Is that the stereotype? Lol. I disagree with that stereotype. 

Well maybe the Portugese men:P. (Kidding Gunner)

The whole UFO thing is considered another typical US nutter thing over here though. We most likely have some hunters, I am sure. But overall it is seen as an US thing. If you do hunt UFO’s better not to tell anyone here, cause you will be laughed at and seen as a nutcase.

Gunner with queer he meant gay, and the more effeminate type. 

3 hours ago, bran said:

Which is weird considering one of the most infamous cases in Ufology comes from Europe with the Belgian UFO wave of late 1989 early 1990, Belgium even scrambled jets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

Well when that was on the news everybody considered the people who saw it nutcases, who watched too many American movies. Also other explanations were used, everything except that it would be real UFO’s.  That’s how it goes over here. It isn’t true unless we see it ourselves.

8 hours ago, MBrose said:

Gunner with queer he meant gay, and the more effeminate type. 

He's wrong. I'm a monkey ... remember?