Donald Trump

How long do you think it will be before there is another mass shooting in the US?

If we're going to enact common sense legislation that cuts down of gun violence in a meaningful way, we must look at the communities most and least affected by gun violence. Then, of course, we must strive to be more like the more peaceful communities and less like the more violent communities.

The data is incontrovertible, folks. We must strive to be more white, with more guns (the caveat being that you'd better not let black people get any of those guns), and with more suicide prevention.

You're welcome, America.

On December 17, 2015, a young Tennessee boy named Zaevion Dobson died a hero. Zaevion lived in Knoxville, Tenn., in one of its worst neighborhoods. He was 15 years old, a high-school football player, and universally hailed as a good kid, son, brother, friend, and teammate. 

The last night of his life, he was hanging out with friends in his neighborhood when shots rang out. Three men had started firing into a crowd in apparent retaliation for an earlier gang-related shooting. Zaevion acted instantly, grabbing two girls and shielding them with his body. The fatal bullet struck him instead of them, and he died on the scene — apparently never regaining consciousness after his heroic act. 

Zaevion was one of thousands of young black men who die from gun violence, but his heroic story rightly touched a nerve. The Knoxville police officer who announced his death broke down in tears. In Tennessee, his story spread like wildfire on social media, and soon the national networks picked it up. 

Grown men are rarely as selfless as Zaevion. Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends, and the story of Zaevion’s Biblical sacrifice resonated at the highest levels. President Obama paid tribute to him, and ESPN rightly gave him its Arthur Ashe courage award. Michael B. Jordan narrated a powerful short documentary about Zaevion’s life and death, and Zaevion soon became a symbol of the movement to stop gun violence in America’s inner cities, and — yes — to impose gun control. 

It is often said that where you stand depends on where you sit. In other words, your political opinions aren’t formed simply out of a rational, dispassionate ether from which you distill the pros and cons and philosophical implications of various policy proposals. Instead, political ideas often come from lived experience, from your family, friends, and neighborhood. As much as we like to think we’re immune to the bias of our experience, we’re not. 

To test this hypothesis, let’s ask the following question: Are you afraid of gun violence? If you’re white, the answer is almost certainly an immediate “No.” As a general rule, when white people die to guns, it’s by their own hand. According to a 2015 Brookings Institution study, 77 percent of white gun deaths are from suicide. Only 19 percent are homicides. Even when you combine homicides and suicides, the white-male death rate from guns is approximately 16 per 100,000. For white women, the rate is less than five per 100,000. 

If you’re black, on the other hand, it is entirely rational to immediately answer that yes, you are afraid of gun violence. If a white man dies from gunfire, the odds are that he pulled the trigger himself. If a black man dies from gunfire, the odds are that someone else pulled the trigger, usually another black man. 

A staggering 82 percent of African-American gun deaths are homicides. Only 14 percent are suicides. The overall gun-death rate for black males is roughly double what it is for white males, and for black males between the ages of 20 and 29, the rate is approximately 89 per 100,000. As the Brookings study points out, this nearly matches Honduras’s overall murder rate, and Honduras is the murder capital of the world. Or, as Brookings scholars Richard Reeves and Sarah Holmes put it: “In 2013, firearm deaths accounted for over 11 percent of all years of potential life lost among the black population, but less than 6 percent of all years of potential life lost among the white population.” 

Now let’s add an unexpected twist: Gun deaths are lowest in the population that owns the most guns. Fully 41 percent of white households report owning a gun, compared with only 19 percent of black households. Among white Americans, there are more guns, but there’s less crime. Among black Americans, there are fewer guns, but there’s more crime.

http://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2017-02-20-0000/gun-violence-and-race-conservatives-gun-owners

When will Congress act?

TL; will read later.

The gun debate is a whole other beast that could go on for days. I will say that I've rethought why society is this violent in general. The odds of this affecting the average citizen is still relatively small but historically this is a new phenomenon. You can read up on extremely cold blooded murders before the modern era but I don't think you can find spree events like this. I think it's an effect of ever present media in the daily life and desensitizing violent imagery. Even GTO games, movies, news could be to blame. It may not affect the average person but for that very small portion of the population that is on the edge, I think media influences them. Combine that with access to instruments the average person historically didn't have and events like this happen. This is the news.

Just build that wall, close your borders to the refugees, give more weapons a cowboy hat and a horse to the people, then the american crisis will be over.

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

Just build that wall, close your borders to the refugees, give more weapons a cowboy hat and a horse to the people, then the american crisis will be over.

Agreed. Don't need to close the border or build a wall though. We could even sacrifice the horse and the cowboy hat, but if they're offering I'm taking them.

16 hours ago, magisme said:

Life comes at you fast...

1999-2014:

Image result for gun violence per capita race

I once got into a gun debate on another forum, I brought up gang violence and the connection to illegal drugs being where the bulk of the gun violence in the US came from, I brought up different stats including the murder rate among black people and was promptly banned for a month for "diet racism."

2 minutes ago, bran said:

I once got into a gun debate on another forum, I brought up gang violence and the connection to illegal drugs being where the bulk of the gun violence in the US came from, I brought up different stats including the murder rate among black people and was promptly banned for a month for "diet racism."

Reported.

11 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Does anyone know where Miser is ?

Planning the next mass shooting in the US?

5 hours ago, bran said:

It's racist not to address the problems facing black America, but it's also racist to talk about those problems.

Should work out well.

3 minutes ago, altered beast said:

I'm guessing WFA will be next, so he can get out of taking care of his trailer full of illegitimate children he's fathered.  

That sincerely made me lol.

On 2017. 11. 10. at 8:19 PM, Troy McClure said:

Does anyone know where Miser is ?

On a second thought, he mentioned that his mother is terminally ill, so i guess he wasn't lying...:pepe:

On topic: 3 weeks tops

17 hours ago, bran said:

Homicide%20Rate.jpg

Umm not take anything away from the picture, but do you realise that the US population exponentially grows therefore the murder rates will be higher than in "the wild west" period?

Miser said he's trying to kick his Xanax addiction.  He was at like 8mg a day, which is pretty insane.  Last I heard, he was trying to taper, but when you get hooked on benzos, it's some of the most unpleasant withdrawal side effects, even during tapering off.  Horrific nightmares and constant anxiety and agitation.  Basically all the things you get prescribed those things for in the first place get amplified.  

I'm worried something happened to him.  That, or he got arrested.

33 minutes ago, altered beast said:

Miser said he's trying to kick his Xanax addiction.  He was at like 8mg a day, which is pretty insane.  Last I heard, he was trying to taper, but when you get hooked on benzos, it's some of the most unpleasant withdrawal side effects, even during tapering off.  Horrific nightmares and constant anxiety and agitation.  Basically all the things you get prescribed those things for in the first place get amplified.  

Hopefully he didn't go for Chicken McNuggets at 10:30 AM.

3 hours ago, altered beast said:

Getting arrested would be the most stable thing in his life.

3 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Getting arrested would be the most stable thing in his life.

This is probably true. 

It is obvious he has severe mental problems and he has been a true fuckwad, but I don't wish ill. Hope he is okay.