Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maynard

Re: Leaks. Time to confess.

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, John Bonham said:

 

Brilliant tune from one of the best bands of all times. But I don't get it, are you implying Love did Spread with the multitracks? Or are you referencing the also troubled recording of that album? Story says they scrapped a whole album and started again from scratch, not to mention the aborted album-turned-EP Turns Into Stone two years before. Totally lost the momentum. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's  so funny that we've got to hear more new studio guitars from Bumblefuck than Slash lolololol

 

The Blues 2001 vocals are awesome

TWAT 2001 is shit in quality. Very bad mix. Lol at the slap bass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 5:03 AM, gunsntortillas said:

Whether it was Axl's fault, the record companies for turning down versions of the album, or both, these 2001 leaks just show how foolish it was for the album not to come out. 

 

There's something "special" about the final release of Chinese Democracy, in that there'll probably never be an album that is as dense and needlessly tinkered with ever released by a major label rock band again. You can hear the music genres coming in and out of fashion as you listen to the album. It's ridiculous. 

 

It'd be one thing if Axl re-wrote the entire album time and time again, but aside from a few later additions to the album, we're talking about a possible final track list that depending on what rumours are believed features mostly the same core tracks from '01 version.

 

It's a shame the album didn't come out in the late 90's or early 2000's. Axl wasted the rest of his musical prime on an album that was finished nearly a decade before he released it. Hopefully there are a lot of unearthed tracks that justify that time spent, but as the old saying goes if a hot dog is put in a bun and nobody is around to eat it, was the hot dog ever there at all?

Quote

You can hear the music genres coming in and out of fashion as you listen to the album. It's ridiculous. 

Probably the most accurate post regarding CD in forum history

Kudos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

It's  so funny that we've got to hear more new studio guitars from Bumblefuck than Slash lolololol

 

The Blues 2001 vocals are awesome

TWAT 2001 is shit in quality. Very bad mix. Lol at the slap bass

Tommy channeled his inner Flea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

This isn't new at all.  In fact, it's probably almost a decade late.  But all this activity with old nugunrs stuff reminded me of something I always wanted to do.

 

I took the isolated Axl vocal tracks from Chinese Democracy and laid them end to end.  I cut out all empty silences so basically you have the entire album of vocals from beginning to end with no music and no pauses.  I was shocked it was as long as it is...something like 50 solid minutes of vocals.  I was expecting far less.

 

Anyway, if you're insane like me and wanna hear old 1999 Axl bulldoze through the entire album acapella without even taking a breath, then this is for you.

 

http://wetransfer.com/downloads/d8dc7548346be15a19de2c01c091dc5120180615114726/127d25

Expectations weren't that high...but I was surprized in a good way...a very good way.

Thanks a lot !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest EvilAsh2015
16 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Have afd remastered flacs leaked yet

This is the one thing that I don't think is out there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when everyone said the had The General and Atlas Shrugged. 

 

 

Ive still never heard them. 

Im a regular in this site, not some newb. 

It still stings a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

Remember when everyone said the had The General and Atlas Shrugged. 

 

 

Ive still never heard them. 

Im a regular in this site, not some newb. 

It still stings a bit

You have n`t hard them because they have n`t leaked. Plain and simple :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, EstrangedTWAT said:

This isn't new at all.  In fact, it's probably almost a decade late.  But all this activity with old nugunrs stuff reminded me of something I always wanted to do.

 

I took the isolated Axl vocal tracks from Chinese Democracy and laid them end to end.  I cut out all empty silences so basically you have the entire album of vocals from beginning to end with no music and no pauses.  I was shocked it was as long as it is...something like 50 solid minutes of vocals.  I was expecting far less.

 

Anyway, if you're insane like me and wanna hear old 1999 Axl bulldoze through the entire album acapella without even taking a breath, then this is for you.

 

http://wetransfer.com/downloads/d8dc7548346be15a19de2c01c091dc5120180615114726/127d25

This is fucking awesome (even when i don't like his "clean voice" or the lyrics) appreciate your work, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:08 PM, Budd Dwyer said:

It's  so funny that we've got to hear more new studio guitars from Bumblefuck than Slash lolololol

 

The Blues 2001 vocals are awesome

TWAT 2001 is shit in quality. Very bad mix. Lol at the slap bass

 

All the 2001 stuff is very muddy sounding. Axl's vocals are very low in the mix. 

 

I like these 2001 takes better because the songs are less tinkered with. Especially TWAT. They aren't superior to the final versions, in that the final versions are mix+mastered. But if these were finished versions that were less bloated (for lack of a better term), they'd probably be better. 

 

I still think it's ridiculous. Even if someone thinks that the choir in TWAT, Bumble's rhythm tracks, the difference ending, etc were all improvements to the songs, were they improvements that merited releasing the album in 2008 instead of sometime between 1999-2001? It makes no sense to me. They are the same songs. Someone messed up big by not just putting these out there when the album was apparently finished the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 9:54 PM, EstrangedTWAT said:

This isn't new at all.  In fact, it's probably almost a decade late.  But all this activity with old nugunrs stuff reminded me of something I always wanted to do.

 

I took the isolated Axl vocal tracks from Chinese Democracy and laid them end to end.  I cut out all empty silences so basically you have the entire album of vocals from beginning to end with no music and no pauses.  I was shocked it was as long as it is...something like 50 solid minutes of vocals.  I was expecting far less.

 

Anyway, if you're insane like me and wanna hear old 1999 Axl bulldoze through the entire album acapella without even taking a breath, then this is for you.

 

http://wetransfer.com/downloads/d8dc7548346be15a19de2c01c091dc5120180615114726/127d25

something a deranged psychokiller would do like Mis. oh i cant remember his name anymore thank god.

 

nah seriously, this is cool. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I actually listened to it straight through and it wasn't boring.  Even songs I usually hate like IRS was cool to hear just his vocals.  And even Madagascar once you cut all that filler shit out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before these leaks happened I felt bad about making fun of Robin Frink. I mean, he was a big part of the CD writing process, right? But hearing the early demos that leaked I have to say he's easily the weakest link of the band, skill wise. We used to make fun of his live performances, but his recorded stuff is just as bad if you're privileged enough to hear the 2001 CD demos or the Vegas HoB concert.

 

I feel bad fr Axl. Maybe if he had better musicians by his side when he was touring with CD, years before it was out, people wouldn't have hated him so much.

 

Also, I'm very drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixtafernback said:

Before these leaks happened I felt bad about making fun of Robin Frink. I mean, he was a big part of the CD writing process, right? But hearing the early demos that leaked I have to say he's easily the weakest link of the band, skill wise. We used to make fun of his live performances, but his recorded stuff is just as bad if you're privileged enough to hear the 2001 CD demos or the Vegas HoB concert.

 

I feel bad fr Axl. Maybe if he had better musicians by his side when he was touring with CD, years before it was out, people wouldn't have hated him so much.

 

Also, I'm very drunk.

Not a big Finck fan but Axl did n`t use him properly. He is n`t a Bluesy soloist like Slash.

 

He does soundscapes, he does n`t play big wailing guitar solos. He was n`t a right choice to replace Slash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...