Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

3 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Kyrie seems to be the ringleader for all this crap, so glad we changed him for Kemba.

But I won't be watching. Boycotting is one of the few ways that reasonable over-30's can express their feelings about what's going on ... along with voting, of course.

And yes, if this shit spreads to MLB I will be done with that too.

Every group has legit reasons to be unhappy with certain things going on in this country, but sports is not the place to be politicizing.

I know it's a long shot, but what if there's one player racist enough to have a slightly different opinion who wants to wear something blatantly Nazi like "all lives matter"? Surely they won't tolerate such toxic wrongthink.

6 minutes ago, magisme said:

I know it's a long shot, but what if there's one player racist enough to have a slightly different opinion who wants to wear something blatantly Nazi like "all lives matter"? Surely they won't tolerate such toxic wrongthink.

That's exactly what I was saying about not really having an option to go against the mob.

Even though players won't be told what to put as "statements", anybody who chooses a statement that doesn't focus on BLM or police brutality will likely be jumped on.  They might even lose personal corporate sponsors.

And anybody who chooses to continue with their name on their jersey will also be viewed as "racist" for not having a statement.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:57 PM, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Even though players won't be told what to put as "statements"

I stand corrected.

The NBA is allowing only 29 pre-approved mostly pro-BLM "statements".

No player can wear an "All Lives Matter" jersey.

No player can wear a statement supporting police.

No player can wear a statement supporting the military.

Longtime ESPN celebrity Adrian Wojnarowski was triggered and then suspended without pay for emailing (who emails these days??) "Fuck you" to Missouri senator Hawley after the senator criticized the NBA for not allowing statements that support other groups such as the military.

I had already made the decision to not follow the NBA anymore, therefore not reading Woj won't be a big loss.

And in the credit where credit's due department, Bron has stated he will retain his last name on his jersey. Good for him not bowing to pressure.

12 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The NBA has gotten so gay now. 

Shut up and dribble. 

We should do a pool. Which star player will catch the coronavirus first once the playoffs start? Probably be Joel Embiid. I wouldn’t be surprised if the nba rigs it for LeBron by giving Kawhi a false positive. 

2 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

And in the credit where credit's due department, Bron has stated he will retain his last name on his jersey. Good for him not bowing to pressure.

I am surprised he didn't put China's Gimp on the back of his. 

You couldn't pay me to watch this shit before all this political nonsense. No way in hell I'm watching now. If I played in the NBA, I would have "It is ma'am" as my name on my jersey.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, arnold layne said:

Somebody has I Am A Man on the back of their jersey lol 

The messaging is taking away from my enjoyment. It is tough to take this league seriously when they completely ignore China with their sjw messaging. 

Watched about 10 minutes of the Celtics game. Nope.

Only good part was Gordon Hayward's back of the jersey shitpost with "education reform". :lol:

This is just background TV. Can't get excited about baseball. The lack of fans has really ruined the experience but I think the NBA has done a better job. 

I am going to be very depressed this winter with no sports on TV. 

2 hours ago, bran said:

The ratings have cratered lol.

The issue with the NBA @Skeeter is that we already knows who wins halfway through the season. 

Congratulations to the Lakers for their well deserved NBA title (*Loud, deflated, wet fart noise*).

All these assholes pick a team to play for during the offseason and rape small market teams. Now why the fuck does anyone with half a brain cell wanna watch this shit?

But but arnold! What about Toronto winning last year? Fuck off. If Durant and Klay Thompson were healthy they would have blown the fuck out of them. 

Here is a list of teams that will never win the NBA Finals again. 

Milwaukee Bucks

Portland Trailblazers

Minnesota Timberwolves

Indiana Pacers

Oklahoma City Thunder

Washington Wizards

Charlotte Hornets

Atlanta Hawks

Cleveland Cavaliers

Utah Jazz

Memphis Grizzlies

San Antonio Spurs

New Orleans Pelicans

Toronto Raptors

9 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The issue with the NBA @Skeeter is that we already knows who wins halfway through the season. 

Congratulations to the Lakers for their well deserved NBA title (*Loud, deflated, wet fart noise*).

All these assholes pick a team to play for during the offseason and rape small market teams. Now why the fuck does anyone with half a brain cell wanna watch this shit?

But but arnold! What about Toronto winning last year? Fuck off. If Durant and Klay Thompson were healthy they would have blown the fuck out of them. 

I can only speak for myself, but that's not at all my issue. I stopped watching after 10 minutes and I won't go back to watching any of it until the political shit is scrubbed out of the game completely.