Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

@Skeeter , @Bill Brasky, @Donald Trump and @magisme.

In your objective opinion, do you think there is a chance the Thunder move back to Seattle in the next five years now that Westbrook is gone?

I think there is. A market this small cannot afford to lose ticket sales. And they will. 

Also one of our owners has died in the last few years (His share is up for sale), and the other one has just recently had brain surgery. 

Nobody brings this up. 

Not likely amigo OKC is a pretty good fan base.

i think that Memphis will be the next team to relocate.

Westbrook leaving is a good thing for your team buddy just read what Skeeter said. He’s right.

3 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

In your objective opinion, do you think there is a chance the Thunder move back to Seattle in the next five years now that Westbrook is gone?

I think there is. A market this small cannot afford to lose ticket sales. And they will. 

Also one of our owners has died in the last few years (His share is up for sale), and the other one has just recently had brain surgery. 

Nobody brings this up. 

I'm not sure what the situation is with that. What cities are on the waiting list, does Seattle want a team back, what kind of deal OKC has with their arena, etc.

I'm a little surprised that they only got two first round picks for Westbrook. And I'm surprised that Houston wanted that deal as well. Having two ball dominate players like Westbrook and Harden doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

That Steven Adam's salary seems like a huge over-pay. I'm sure you guys will look to move that if possible.

What it looks like for OKC is two years of draft lottery. Three years from now, a bunch of huge contracts come off the books and if I'm reading it right, in three years they'd have enough for two Max Salary contracts.

And they have two first round picks in each of the next four years, then three picks, then one pick, then three picks. Plus a bunch of switch-pick options a couple of the years. 

That's an amazing draft haul to reboot a team, especially having them spread out over seven years.  BUT, like Boston is realizing....at some point, those draft picks have to pay off. At some point winning is more important than just gathering future assets.

I guess that's the plan. Two years of lottery picks, then in year 3 you add a couple superstars, and then you still have 2-3 first round picks over the next couple years when Chris Paul's salary is erased.

3 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

And there goes Russ to Houston......

I do not think CP3 plays a game in OKC, I assume they trade him before the season 

Nobody wants that contract though. It's more than 100 million dollars over the next three years.

36 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Nobody brings this up. 

I pay zero attention to the business side of sports. I like sports, not accounting.

Seattle deserves to have its team back. OKC could be really good again in the next 5 years. Presti is a great GM whom unfortunately works for cheap ownership. 

This whole situation with Oklahoma City is exactly why I stopped paying attention fifteen years ago. It is fucking lame. 

I am not spending two hundred dollars to watch a washed up Chris Paul carry a bunch of nobodies to a twenty win season. 

Fuck. That. 

The NBA is fucking garbage. 

7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

This whole situation with Oklahoma City is exactly why I stopped paying attention fifteen years ago. It is fucking lame. 

I am not spending two hundred dollars to watch a washed up Chris Paul carry a bunch of nobodies to a twenty win season. 

Fuck. That. 

The NBA is fucking garbage. 

Then watch your Timber Wolves.

You can’t stop being a fan because your team sucks 

hell me and Magisme lived through the Pitino era Celtics 

fucking Billups for Kenny Anderson. Drafting Ron Mercer ect ............

on a side note Carsen Edwards is looking great in summer league.

Also please Trader Danny Send Jaylen Brown and a 1st to Indiana for Sabonis.

I love the lineup of

Kemba/Edwars/Wanamaker 

Tatum/Smart

Hayward/Romeo

Sabonis/Grant Williams/Theis

Kanter/Robert Williams/Taco

best team in the east gentlemen.

The era of the dynamic duos is back. I am pulling for Russ. I think this could work. The Lakers and Clippers are probably the favorites right now but there is a good chance that one of their stars will be injured come playoff time. Russ and James have been pretty durable. 

Just now, deelowbrown said:

If OKC buys out CP3's contract and he ends up a Laker, I am going to be pissed

Why the Lakers are going to be the most disappointing nba team 

ever. Lebron can’t beat Father Time and AD is injury prone and they have such great character guys in the locker room Rondo and Boogie lol

The Clippers . Warriors , Rockets , Mavs , Portland are all better then the Lakers.

Sacramento and New Orleans are potentially pretty good also. The LA teams aren't going to be able to rest Kawhi and LeBron too much if they want to finish near the top.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Then watch your Timber Wolves.

You can’t stop being a fan because your team sucks 

hell me and Magisme lived through the Pitino era Celtics 

fucking Billups for Kenny Anderson. Drafting Ron Mercer ect ............

on a side note Carsen Edwards is looking great in summer league.

I love the lineup of

Kemba/Edwars/Wanamaker 

Tatum/Smart

Hayward/Romeo

Sabonis/Grant Williams/Theis

Kanter/Robert Williams/Taco

best team in the east gentlemen.

The issue here Brasky is that your Boston Celtics have leverage. Superstars WANT to play in your market. It is the same old argument I have had with skeeter. How is OKC and Minneapolis supposed to compete with Boston and Los Angeles when nobody wants to play in those geographical regions? 

All small markets can really hope for is that they draft smart and put together a decent team in two years before they decide to move. Small markets are the Triple A leaguers in the NBA. You cannot take them seriously. 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Are you out of your mind?

16 hours ago, magisme said:

Are you out of your mind?

No sir. It’s a great trade that mother fucker is a clone of his dad he’s the best unknown player in the nba.

17 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The issue here Brasky is that your Boston Celtics have leverage. Superstars WANT to play in your market. It is the same old argument I have had with skeeter. How is OKC and Minneapolis supposed to compete with Boston and Los Angeles when nobody wants to play in those geographical regions? 

All small markets can really hope for is that they draft smart and put together a decent team in two years before they decide to move. Small markets are the Triple A leaguers in the NBA. You cannot take them seriously. 

It’s a completely valid point that I guess I’m blind too by growing up in a major market.

5 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

No sir. It’s a great trade that mother fucker is a clone of his dad he’s the best unknown player in the nba.

In other words, yes, you are out of your mind.