Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

I think OKC did all right given the circumstances.  Rumor has it they tried dumping off Westbook's contract to Toronto along with George, but the Raptors didn't have the draft picks/players to make a deal happen.  

Toronto will not make the eastern conference playoffs next year........

Philly

Boston

Milwaukee

Indiana

Brooklyn

Atlanta

Miami

Orlando

I’m digging the Celtics team in 2019.

Kemba

Brown

Tatum

Hayward

Kanter

bench

Smart

Romeo

Semi

Grant Williams

Robert Williams aka Timelord

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

I’m digging the Celtics team in 2019.

Kemba

Brown

Tatum

Hayward

Kanter

bench

Smart

Romeo

Semi

Grant Williams

Robert Williams aka Timelord

I'll remind you of this post when the Sixers beat them by 30.

16 minutes ago, magisme said:

I'll remind you of this post when the Sixers beat them by 30.

I’ll remind you of this when Embid is out for the year with another injury and Ben Simmons still shoots like shit.

I think Embiid is going to come back in the best shape of his career after that loss to Kawhi. Coming back from a hard loss is all part of the heroes journey for great basketball players. 

First off, thank you Kawhi for not joining the Lakers. 

But goddamn, why did you have to take Paul George. Now it looks like Russell Westbrook may be on his way out as well. Why should I buy tickets @Skeeter? This team is going to suck.

And let me remind you all that THEIR FIRST PICK THIS YEAR OPTED OUT OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL AND SAT FOR A YEAR. My 90 year old grandma could run this franchise better. 

Unbelievable. 

I guess I will look for tickets when Zion comes to town. 

The NBA is getting so lame. Small market teams will never win. 

Or look at the fact OKC are such a stupid fucking organization 

they traded James Harden

they didn’t keep Durant who if they traded Westbrook for players Durant wanted.

Durant wanted Horford tell me why they didn’t give the Hawks what they wanted.

So yeah lol OKC

9 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Or look at the fact OKC are such a stupid fucking organization 

they traded James Harden

they didn’t keep Durant who if they traded Westbrook for players Durant wanted.

Durant wanted Horford tell me why they didn’t give the Hawks what they wanted.

So yeah lol OKC

To be fair not caving for Durant was a good idea if this is true. It is obvious now he is a flake, a whiney pussy and unhappy everywhere. 

But yes, trading Harden was retarded and I would have rather of kept him than Westbrook. That happened before I got here though. 

31 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

But goddamn, why did you have to take Paul George. Now it looks like Russell Westbrook may be on his way out as well. Why should I buy tickets @Skeeter? This team is going to suck.

And let me remind you all that THEIR FIRST PICK THIS YEAR OPTED OUT OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL AND SAT FOR A YEAR. My 90 year old grandma could run this franchise better. 

Unbelievable. 

If OKC trades Westbrook they will become the type of team that good teams rest their stars against. 

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Unbelievable. 

Mr. Arnold, I'm not sure what would make you happy concerning the NBA.

1. "Small market teams never win."  And, you hate powerhouses. But the 2010s was the second most diverse decade in terms of multiple teams winning titles.....which is what you want. Three teams won their first NBA title in their franchise history.....which is what you want.  So I'm confused as to what you are angry about. What you want is actually what is happening. Multiple teams winning championships, and teams winning their first title.

2. Warriors were the only "super" team of the decade. But, it wasn't that long ago that Golden State was literally the worst franchise in the NBA. At one point in the 2000s they had TEN CONSECUTIVE losing seasons.

3. Lebron James is ripped apart for recruiting players and trying to build a team.....but now people are praising Kawhi for literally doing the exact thing. He only went to the Clippers if they also picked up Paul George.  Also, can you name the last team in the NBA to win a title with a starting five that was 100% their own draft picks? I'm not sure it's ever been done. Kareem Abdul Jaabar wasn't drafted by the Lakers. Kobe Bryant wasn't drafted by the Lakers. Shaq wasn't originally a Laker. Rodman and Scottie Pippen were not drafted by the Bulls. Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson were not drafted by the Celtics.  Teams win NBA titles by good drafting, great free agent pickups and making a great trade two. This has been going on forever - it's not just a new thing.

As for OKC and why should you go?

Well, for the last two years with Paul George the Thunder were first round exits in the playoffs. Last year they won 2 games in the playoffs, this year Portland beat them 4 games to 1. So what would the big appeal to watching them this year be? They were not contenders to win an NBA title even with Paul George. They would win 45-50 games and then get knocked out in the first round again.

George asked to be traded. OKC gave him a long-term deal. So you can't really blame OKC for this.

OKC got back Shai Gilgeous-Alexander who had a really solid rookie season last year. He's only 20 and looks like he will develop into a solid NBA player. You also got Danilo Gallinari, who basically averaged 20 points per game last season.  Plus five first round draft picks? That's a pretty darn good return for a guy who wanted off the team.

Westbrook is fun to watch, but most people consider him a numbers compiler who can't lead a team to a championship. 

If I was an OKC fan, I'd welcome a trade of him to the Knicks or Celtics for a couple of their young players and a couple first round draft picks.

Paul George and Westrbook weren't going to lead OKC to a title. You were going to be happy with 3-4 more years of first round exits?  It says a lot that Kawhi wanted George to come to the Clippers and not for Westbrook to come.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:30 AM, arnold layne said:

Adam Silver buttfucked this league. How did this asshole become commissioner?

How so?
We had seven different teams win NBA titles in the last 10 years.......we had three teams win their first title in their franchise history........and this year, there are probably 8-9 different teams that could win the championship.  And free agency began in the NBA in the 70s, unrestricted free agency in the 80s, so Silver had nothing to do with players switching teams.

Jordan is the Greatest.

Bill Russell coming in second.

Then you have a mix of players who could be considered in the 3, 4 and 5 spots.

Lebron, Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Jerry West, Magic Johnson and Kareem.

@Skeeter, thank you for your response. I have two questions for you. 

Do you think it's possible for a small market team to ever win an NBA Championship in today's NBA? I am talking about OKC, Portland, Utah, Memphis, Charlotte etc. Any of these teams. And don't mention SAS because they have Gregg Popovich who is the exception and not the rule. 

Also do you think it is fair to say people are giving Kawhi a pass (I guess myself included) because he pretty much told LeBron to fuck off and he carried Toronto to a championship?

At this point I hope they do trade Westbrook if they can. I have always been pretty objective towards him. He is explosive in the paint but his shot IQ is borderline retarded which is an issue for a player who cannot shoot. Brasky is right. This team is ran and managed my morons. I have been trying to tell Okies this for the past two seasons but it is being tuned out by deaf ears. Darius Bazley. Jesus Christ. 

The problem with trading Russ is .. Where He gonna go? 

New York

Toronto

Miami

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Houston (If C Paul can get moved)

Very few teams have the space, assets, and/or patience for Russ.  

I couldn't care less about lol small market teams. I just hate that every team is musical chairs every fucking year, and that elite players are high school tier faggots calling their friends to come play with them.

Cleveland's market is small as shit but LeBron took us to a whole new level.  All it takes is a superstar or two.

I know he left again and went to LA but I don't care.  I retired from caring about basketball after witnessing the single greatest moment in the history of organized sports:  Game 7 of the 2016 Finals.

Hey.....we are ALL witnesses.

4125391663_5ce5626ec5_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

OKC is too cheap to win a title. They might as well keep Russ or reboot the whole operation back in Seattle.

I think trading Russ will destroy attendance. OKC has a small metro. Tulsans and Kansasans aren't going to drive hours to see Jeremi Grant lead this team. 

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I think trading Russ will destroy attendance. OKC has a small metro. Tulsans and Kansasans aren't going to drive hours to see Jeremi Grant lead this team. 

...And he is gone. Jeremi Grant traded to Denver. 

7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I am crushed @Skeeter. Westbrook is about to be traded and the Thunder are going to be trash for years. 

Maybe Seattle will get their team back. :(

They have no chance to be good until Westbrook is gone. You should thank your lucky stars if some other team is willing to take him.

5 hours ago, magisme said:

They have no chance to be good until Westbrook is gone. You should thank your lucky stars if some other team is willing to take him.

You aren't wrong. He isn't a closer but he sure as hell is fun to watch.

Durant's business partner and good friend recently posted this about Westbrook:

No one wants to play with Russ!  Russ is all about Russ. He's more worried about stats vs playing winning basketball. Owners & GMs in the NBA know the Real about Russell and his style of play. So fans can say what they want. But moving forward to the future OKC will have to trade Russ & he will have to become a better player/teammate! He can keep keep that intensity and competitiveness. But reality has set in. NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH HIM!!!!

I left out a few lines as the post was a bit hard to read. This isn't some rando dude. It's one of Kevin Durant's best friends and his business partner.   The fact that Durant didn't ask his friend to take it down speaks volumes.

The other interesting thing about OKC is that people think they would have won multiple championships if they'd kept their team together from a few years ago.  Financially, it wasn't possible as you had three guys who wanted huge deals, plus Ibaka had to get paid as well. So they traded Harden, who I think was the 6th man at the time. AND interestingly enough....OKC had a better record the year after they traded Harden than they did the last year with them.  Let that sink in.

But the thing to ponder is that their Big Three are all guys that are thought of as being dudes who can't lead a team to a championship.  Harden gets destroyed by basketball fans for being a ball hog, a flopper and not somebody who can lead a team to the title. Durant is known as the Snake, and as a guy who had to go to a 73-9 team to win a title. And obviously Westbrook is known as a guy more interested in putting up personal stats as opposed to winning championships.

So keeping those three guys together doesn't mean they automatically would have won a championship. Seems more likely those three guy's attitudes would have led to a team explosion of egos and bad attitudes.