Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

On 4/1/2019 at 11:00 AM, Haters Gonna Hate said:

Watching almost all the Timberwolves games the past few years has been interesting. Thank God they always had a really good big at least. They were doing really well this year before Covington and the rest of the team got hurt. I think they were like 8 games above .500 since the Butler trade and had a top 10 offense and defense. Like always though it ends in disappointment. If they can’t build a team around KAT he will get traded as is tradition.

I didn't know you were from Minneapolis  (I am assuming). Good to have another MN brother on the forum. 

10 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I didn't know you were from Minneapolis  (I am assuming). Good to have another MN brother on the forum. 

I'm actually not when I was a kid and I was choosing a team I chose them for whatever reason lol. Probably not the best choice.

Westbrook just went for 20-20-20. Only happened once before in nba history. 

But he got the last few rebounds in garbage time. OKC coach emptied the bench but Russell said no and sent his sub back to the bench. 

And the 19th rebound came on an uncontested rebound when Steve Adams purposely missed a free throw (he admitted it after the game).

Does that cheapen it for you? If he would have came out of the game with the other starters it still would have been one of the best individual game of the season. 20 pts, 18 assists and 18 rebounds or something.  

OR who cares. He played a few extra minutes and hit a cool mark. No big deal. 

I ask as I poured in 39 in a high school game and my coach took the starters out with about 6 minutes left. We played 8 min quarters. I don’t care now, but for about a decade after I was annoyed he didn’t let me stay in for one more basket. 

TL/DR

Does Westbrook playing in garbage time, waiving off his sub, and his team letting him get the last few rebounds cheapen a 20-20-20 game?  Or who cares, he still put up huge numbers?

I don’t like him. Very arrogant. Would have been interesting if he would have blew out his ACL playing in garbage time.

Fake rebounds + jacking 3's making assists a fake stat + shot 34.8% for the game (22.2% from 3) + against Lakers + no Lebron = SHIT

38 minutes ago, magisme said:

Fake rebounds + jacking 3's making assists a fake stat + shot 34.8% for the game (22.2% from 3) + against Lakers + no Lebron = SHIT

Yeah anybody who watches Russell Westbrook can see there is some issues with the way he plays. 

Westbrook gets a lot of uncontested rebounds. Basically free ones. In the old days they were given to the big man. But today guards get them....which leads to all these triple doubles. 

I would bet that half his rebounds are uncontested. 

Offensive rebounds are like an extra possession. I don’t know why more teams don’t fight and go for them on every shot. 

On 4/1/2019 at 11:00 AM, Haters Gonna Hate said:

Watching almost all the Timberwolves games the past few years has been interesting. Thank God they always had a really good big at least. They were doing really well this year before Covington and the rest of the team got hurt. I think they were like 8 games above .500 since the Butler trade and had a top 10 offense and defense. Like always though it ends in disappointment. If they can’t build a team around KAT he will get traded as is tradition.

I just read something about Wiggins might be the least valuable player in the nba. Only starters were included. 

He apparently scores a lot of “empty” points. Doesn’t play good defense. Isn’t a great rebounder or passer. And his huge contract might prevent the T-Wolves from being a to extend their real stud KAT. 

Imagine losing Towns because of Wiggins contract. 

25 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

I just read something about Wiggins might be the least valuable player in the nba. Only starters were included. 

He apparently scores a lot of “empty” points. Doesn’t play good defense. Isn’t a great rebounder or passer. And his huge contract might prevent the T-Wolves from being a to extend their real stud KAT. 

Imagine losing Towns because of Wiggins contract. 

Yeah Wiggins has been disappointing to be fair his defense at least from the eye test looks a good deal better now than when he was a rookie but man his offense fell off a cliff when it wasn’t good to begin with. The problem is they probably have to wait like 2 years to trade him because if you try to now you will most likely have to give up a couple first rounders and Okogie which might not be worth it. Who knows. Glen Taylor should have let Thibs trade him for Butler like he wanted to.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, Skeeter said:

Offensive rebounds are like an extra possession. I don’t know why more teams don’t fight and go for them on every shot. 

Successful teams do. 

Is Embiid vs. Giannis now the premier matchup in the nba for people who watch basketball? Just give me a 7 game series between Phily and Milwaukee at some point during the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Great game by Big Al ☘️

Let's be honest. It was one of the worst NBA games either of us have ever watched. Thank God I chose to watch The Masters live and that abomination recorded.

12 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

The NBA has sucked since the 90’s if we are being honest 

No joke. 

Nobody (except Skeeter) wants to see GS win in four by double digits. 

Lame as hell.

I might be over the NBA. Two Celtics wins and I give zero fucks because the quality of play is ass.

"B-but magisme, Kyrie had 37! He played wonderfully!"

Wanna know how I know that you didn't watch the game?

Celts played their first solid all-around game in months. Accordingly, they destroyed the Bucks. Funny how team basketball works.

Giannis is a second tier star until he learns to shoot. He and Ben Simmons can chill together.

Since I opened the star discussion...

First Tier Stars:

Lebron

KD

Kawhi

Embiid

That is all.

Edited by magisme