Jump to content
Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

On 3/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, magisme said:

Embiid has better numbers across the board this year, and he's got like 6 other guys on his team looking to get numbers. Davis has actually never averaged 12 boards for a full year.  Imagine being a dominant big man and never averaging 12 rebounds.

To be fair, that means defenses have to worry about six other guys. Who are they worrying about on the Pelicans? Jrue Holiday and Davis. You can double or triple team Davis. If you double Embiid, he can simply pass to Butler (beast), or to Simmons (will be perennial All Star) or sharp-shooter JJ Reddick. Better across the board? Joel is averaging .5 points per game more and one rebound per game more. Davis is averaging more assists and blocked shots, and has a higher shooting percentage. So their seasons are basically a wash.

 

Dude. Really? 12 rebounds is your magic number for a big man to be "dominant"......11.8, 11.1 and 12.3 the last three years.


But just for fun. In the entire history of the NBA, only 17 players have averaged 12 rebounds per game for their career. That's in 70 something years.

 

You know who didn't average 12 boards per game for their career? Kareem Abdul-Jabaar. Hakeen Alajuwon. Shaq. Tim Duncan. David Robinson. Clearly they weren't dominate big men.

 

Shaq played 17 years and only averaged 12-plus boards per game FIVE times.

 

Davis currently has the 35th highest rebounds per game average for a career. 35th highest career average of ALL TIME........LOL, yea, he isn't an "elite big man" at all. And he is 25 years old and getting better every season.

 

If Davis continues his trend of the last three years and does it for another decade, he'll finish with one of the TOP FIFTEEN rebounding averages in NBA HISTORY.

 

You and Brasky wouldn't take him? That means you have a different opinion than literally every single NBA owner and coach.

 

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually watch the NBA at all? Or just catch highlights of your favorite team and glance over yahoo headlines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers vs. Celtics tonight. National TV so Kyrie will find the courage to play. Against Lebron so Kyrie will try to impress his boyfriend. Probably a loss unless Kyrie is on a minutes restriction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Thunder look bad. The white boy from the Clippers can shoot. 

I wish nothing but the worst for Russell Memebrook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would trade almost anybody in the NBA for the right to draft Zion Williamson. It would be killer if Dallas gets the number one pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zion is Charles Barkley with Bo Jackson's body. I think it is not an exaggeration to say that he will be the best player in the nba some day soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to a Thunder game today. It had a sold out crowd and they played Dallas. Good to give Dirk a final goodbye. 

 

Westbrook made some dumbass shots though. He definitely did not play like an all star. There was no ball movement and some backboard clonks. 

 

Dallas won. 

 

This city is in trouble. They have no idea what it's like to have a bad basketball team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Krzyzewski is a terrible coach. If you have a player as good as Zion Williamson you let him take every shot or be the primary playmaker every time down the court in the last five minutes of a close game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, magisme said:

College basketball is such a better watch than the NBA.

Nah. 

 

I mean Adam Silver is a sack of crap but the talent level in the NBA is ridiculous. College is way too raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

Mike Krzyzewski is a terrible coach. If you have a player as good as Zion Williamson you let him take every shot or be the primary playmaker every time the court in the last five minutes of a close game.

You are probably correct. Zion can be unstoppable at times. But Barrett actually averaged more points per game than Zion...so he isn’t a bad option. 

 

You think Zion will be the better nba player? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I went to a Thunder game today. It had a sold out crowd and they played Dallas. Good to give Dirk a final goodbye. 

 

Westbrook made some dumbass shots though. He definitely did not play like an all star. There was no ball movement and some backboard clonks. 

 

Dallas won. 

 

This city is in trouble. They have no idea what it's like to have a bad basketball team. 

How did LD look in person?

 

OKC seemed like they might be able to go on a playoff run and maybe give Golden State a run. Do you think George and Westbrook wore themselves out or do you think they will turn it up in the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skeeter said:

How did LD look in person?

 

OKC seemed like they might be able to go on a playoff run and maybe give Golden State a run. Do you think George and Westbrook wore themselves out or do you think they will turn it up in the playoffs?

LD didn't play. 

 

No. This team is trash. They play selfish basketball. Westbrook throws up shots from four feet from half court and nobody plays defense. They have no chance. Dallas was beating them throughout the entire game, won, and they had nothing to play for. 

 

Doesn't matter. Even if they played their best basketball they couldn't beat Golden State. League sucks. Adam Silver is a piece of shit and so is KD. I just wanted something else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skeeter said:

You are probably correct. Zion can be unstoppable at times. But Barrett actually averaged more points per game than Zion...so he isn’t a bad option. 

 

You think Zion will be the better nba player? 

Zion is going to be awesome. I think Reddish will be better than Barrett. Both of them pale in comparison to Zion. If Zion's body holds up I believe he will be the best player in the nba at some point. His athleticism for that size is off the charts. I have never seen anything like him before in basketball. Bo Jackson is the only comp that feels right. He is the best prospect since LeBron, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Nah. 

 

I mean Adam Silver is a sack of crap but the talent level in the NBA is ridiculous. College is way too raw.

The talent level doesn't make up for the pace of play, jacking threes, and individual antics

 

9 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Mike Krzyzewski is a terrible coach. If you have a player as good as Zion Williamson you let him take every shot or be the primary playmaker every time down the court in the last five minutes of a close game.

That was unreal. I watched a lot of Duke this year and Barrett is overrated as fuck. He's not going to be anywhere near the pro that people are trying to sell him as.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three lottery picks and they couldn’t get back to the final four. And they should/could have lost two rounds earlier. 

 

But imagine if this was 20 years ago. Reddish/Zion and Barrett staying there for three years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Zion is going to be awesome. I think Reddish will be better than Barrett. Both of them pale in comparison to Zion. If Zion's body holds up I believe he will be the best player in the nba at some point. His athleticism for that size is off the charts. I have never seen anything like him before in basketball. Bo Jackson is the only comp that feels right. He is the best prospect since LeBron, imo.

Rumor is that Kyrie and Durant are best friends that call/text each other every day.  Durant grew up in a Knicks house and he has ties to them as well. 

 

If those two go to NY. And they draft Zion. Do you think that trio wins the East?

 

Or do you think he would be better off going to a crappy team and immediately being the face of the franchise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Thoughts on Ja Morant? He is as much fun to watch as anybody in college right now. 

I only watched his tournament games, so small sample size and all of that, but he looks nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching almost all the Timberwolves games the past few years has been interesting. Thank God they always had a really good big at least. They were doing really well this year before Covington and the rest of the team got hurt. I think they were like 8 games above .500 since the Butler trade and had a top 10 offense and defense. Like always though it ends in disappointment. If they can’t build a team around KAT he will get traded as is tradition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Haters Gonna Hate said:

I don’t know how I feel about Barrett I have been disappointed by a Canadian already so I don’t wanna think he’s gonna be good

In my opinion, the only difference between Barrett and someone like Harden is that while Harden drives to the lane looking like he's about to get his shot blocked by 7 guys and jacks tons of crazy threes that look like they should be bricks, Barrett drives to the lane and actually does get his shot blocked by 7 guys and jacks crazy threes that are in fact bricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Rumor is that Kyrie and Durant are best friends that call/text each other every day.  Durant grew up in a Knicks house and he has ties to them as well. 

 

If those two go to NY. And they draft Zion. Do you think that trio wins the East?

 

Or do you think he would be better off going to a crappy team and immediately being the face of the franchise. 

 

If I get Zion I don't want Kyrie. I bring in KD, a playmaking guard, and shooters who don't need the ball. Kyrie is a one on one player. You don't need a guy like that if you've got Zion and KD. Kyrie is the guy who would fuck up the team chemistry. The ideal third star in that situation would be Klay Thompson but I don't think he will leave GS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, magisme said:

I only watched his tournament games, so small sample size and all of that, but he looks nasty.

Imagine a young Alan Iverson.....but not as a dude getting drunk and smoking weed in between every game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...