Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

The Patriots are objectively better than every other team currently. It has nothing to do with taste. The Big Bang Theory comparison is absurd. A tv show wins if it is popular. A sports team wins if they are better than the other teams.

Saying a sports league is rigged just makes you look silly. You are smarter than that. 

12 teams make the nfl playoffs. You know how many of last year’s 12 made the playoffs this year?

8 of the 12 playoffs team from last year didn’t make it this years. EIGHT of the 12 teams this wat were new. 

Again. Because of free agency, there is more parity today in sports than there has ever been in the history of sports. 

Be thankful you are around today. If you hate sports now you would absolutely despise every other era in history. In terms of parity in sports - this is the most parity sports have had in World history. 

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Spygate.

So it's rigged in favor of the Patriots, but the Patriots got caught and punished for cheating?

I'm gonna need better evidence for "rigged".

1 minute ago, magisme said:

So it's rigged in favor of the Patriots, but the Patriots got caught and punished for cheating?

I'm gonna need better evidence for "rigged".

Refs cheering with the Patriots after scoring in the AFC Championship Game, officials congratulating Brady on winning (Because that isn't partial at all), only getting a penalty called once when it is clear as day (and photo evidence) that the Patriots were holding offensively. 

It is easy to throw an NFL game. Just don't call the penalties.

If you think throwing games started and ended with Tim Donaghy in the NBA, then you are a fool.

1 minute ago, arnold layne said:

Refs cheering with the Patriots after scoring in the AFC Championship Game

Never happened. Watch the video.

3 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

officials congratulating Brady on winning (Because that isn't partial at all)

One official. And you really think he'd do that on national television if he was rigging the game for him?

4 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

only getting a penalty called once when it is clear as day (and photo evidence) that the Patriots were holding offensively.

"There's holding on every play" is one of the oldest truisms in football. You could literally take any play in any game from the NFL and find photo evidence of holding.

You're basically regurgitating unfounded nonsense from anti-Patriots sports radio and tv. It's the same thing you do with politics.

Regarding the Donaghy thing, that was one dude rigging his own games in order to make a buck for himself in Vegas. That's a whole lot different than the league-wide conspiracy you're proposing.

13 hours ago, magisme said:

Never happened. Watch the video.

One official. And you really think he'd do that on national television if he was rigging the game for him?

"There's holding on every play" is one of the oldest truisms in football. You could literally take any play in any game from the NFL and find photo evidence of holding.

You're basically regurgitating unfounded nonsense from anti-Patriots sports radio and tv. It's the same thing you do with politics.

I think Nate is just trolling us. He is a smart dude. There is no way that he actually believes that the nfl or any major professional sports league is fixed. He is too smart for that. He is clearly just messing with us. 

The NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL is just as fixed as the earth is flat. 

Zero percent. Absolutely zero. 

What is the point of watching the Superbowl? Patriots will win. Objective fact. 

Guarantee you Golden State is going to win the NBA Finals. Haven't watched a game all year, but I have been around this earth long enough to know how shit runs.

Edit: Just looked. Golden Shit is forty something and eleven. Shocker.

Shit is so predictable. 

8 hours ago, arnold layne said:

What is the point of watching the Superbowl? Patriots will win. Objective fact. 

Guarantee you Golden State is going to win the NBA Finals. Haven't watched a game all year, but I have been around this earth long enough to know how shit runs.

Edit: Just looked. Golden Shit is forty something and eleven. Shocker.

Shit is so predictable. 

Shocker!!!! The teams with the most talent win the most games!!!!

Interesting note. Six of the last 10 Super Bowls have been won by the underdog. 

So 4 favorites have won. 

But 6 underdogs. 

Name me one fucking good reason why I should bother watching sports again @magisme and @Skeeter.

If it gets you that upset - don’t watch anymore. Sports are supposed to be a fun relief from our every day struggles in life. If sports cause you anger - go outside and do something that gives you enjoyment. 

Hiking. Beach. Movies. Painting. Reading. Go to a museum. The list is endless.  There are so many fun things to do to fill your  time. 

Go find fun things and enjoy life. 

Name me one fucking good reason why I should bother watching sports again @magisme and @Skeeter.

Patriots undefeated season ruined when Giants knock the shite out of Brady, a little guy named Eli makes some magic, and everyone learns about the helmet catch.

Then it happened again.

lol Dirk is so old. And who the fuck is this midget named Barea? Not a fucking chance. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are going to win 16 straight championships. Lebron said it on tv.

Oops.

The Red Sox are down 3-0 to the Yankees. Literally no baseball team has ever come back from 3-0. And it's against the Yankees, with Jeter! Are you kidding? Why even watch the game?

Oops.

USC is the greatest college football team of all time. What do you think goofy Vince Young is going to do? Beat them by himself? Forget it. Reggie Bush alone is going to outscore the Longhorns.

Oops.

Shall I continue?

Fultz has got serious game and a nasty shoulder. I think the Sixers can make the finals this year if Embiid comes back for the start of the playoffs. I also think Fultz is going to end up being the best player from last year's draft. 

2 minutes ago, magisme said:

I love basketball so I'm always going to watch, but basketball culture is so gross.

I love being ignorant to half the shit you talk about. It really is bliss. I didn't even know basketball had a culture.

1 hour ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I love being ignorant to half the shit you talk about. It really is bliss. I didn't even know basketball had a culture.

It's basically "Look at me!!!" + "Out Ta Get Me!!!" + "Guys, I swear, I'm super tough!!!".

It's professional wrestling, but without fights or self-awareness.

It is funny that 20 years ago guys could throw punches in a game and all that would happen would be a technical. 

Today, players can get a technical for looking at another player with a “mean” expression. 

All sports should take a page from hockey. If two guys want to square up - let them. Give them ten seconds and then break it up. Guys act like tough guys because they know there will be no fight. 

Lebron gets fouled more than any nba player out there. He should go to the foul line 25 times a game. Fans call him a whiner. But it’s because he gets clobbered constantly with no foul call. 

Same thing happened to Shaq. He finally retaliated by taking a full punch at an opponents head. If Lebron did that he would be suspended for 20 games and fans would kill him on message boards. 

The big problem with the nba is that the officiating is horrible. The game is too fast for officials to keep up. It is probably time to add a fourth ref to the floor. 

Last night Kyle Korver picked up two fouls in the first couple minutes of the game. Replay showed they weren’t even close to being fouls.

It completely took him out of his game as he had to stop playing “scrappy” and basically stopped playing defense all together. Losing his aggressiveness on defense also decreased his offensive aggressiveness. 

Two horrible foul calls essentially made the Cavs best shooter worthless. 

NBA players whine constantly. It’s annoying to watch. 

But the reason they do it is because the officiating in the NBA is absolutely terrible.