Jump to content
Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Cleveland has won 5 in a row. 

Without Thomas, Rose and Thompson. 

Good 

I will enjoy when Kyrie rips Lebrons heart out in the conference finals

 

also 

Hayward might be back for the playoffs 

 

Thats right bitches the Celtics are back !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Good 

I will enjoy when Kyrie rips Lebrons heart out in the conference finals

 

also 

Hayward might be back for the playoffs 

 

Thats right bitches the Celtics are back !

Is that because you are a die-hard Boston fan? If so - understandable. 

 

But As individual players and what They have accomplished in their careers, Kyrie isn’t half the player Lebron is or has been. 

 

If the Celtics win this year it won’t solely be because of Kyrie. Don’t forget the Celtics had the best record in the East last year. And added the third pick in the draft. Plus Hayward, who I hope does come back. 

 

And the year before Lebron came back Kyrie had led the Cavs to a 33-49 record. 

 

Celtics and 76ers should dominate the East for the next five years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyrie is 25. 

Compare both at that age 

 

Lebron is overrated Kobe was better Duncan was better 

 

MJ Bird Magic were better 

 

yeah considering I grew up in Boston in biased 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebron is trash and was a bitch before the spurs and celtics got old

then he lost to Mavs lol

 

Kyrie was the reason they beat the warriors not Lebron 

 

he is the Peyton Manning of the nba built by the media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, Troy McClure said:

Kyrie is 25. 

Compare both at that age 

 

Lebron is overrated Kobe was better Duncan was better 

 

MJ Bird Magic were better 

 

yeah considering I grew up in Boston in biased 

Lol. 

Lebron is clearly not overrated. That’s just silly. 

 

Kobe and Duncan aren’t even in the same conversation as Lebron. 

 

MJ - probably the best player of all-time. 

Bird and Magic....those are the names that Lebron lives with.  I suppose that is pretty good company to be in. 

 

Lebron isn’t done yet though. He is having one of the best years of his career this year. If he plays at this level or close to it for a few more years? He will cement himself as the 2nd best player of all time. Without question. 

 

Toss in another nba title or a couple more legendary playoff performances? Then it’s a legit debate about GOAT. 

 

For now. 

Guards: Magic and Oscar

Center: Russell

Forwards: Bird and Lebron

Bench: 

wilt

kareem

shaq

west

stockton

curry/kobe

duncan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the new book on the Warriors. 

 

Everybody proclaims how brilliant golden state’s management and Kerr are. Interesting to read that the Warriors had a deal worked out with Phoenix to trade Steph Curry to the Suns. Kerr was one of the main supporters of the trade. It was so advanced that the Suns thought it was completed an even requested Curry to not do any interviews for the Warriors until they could make the deal official. 

 

Have to wonder what Golden State would look like without Curry and instead with Amare Stoudemire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ will always be number one because of his sociopathic competitiveness and spotless finals record. LeBron is the smartest and most talented player we've ever seen. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody pretty much killed Indiana management for not getting enough in the Paul George trade. 

 

Hows it looking today?

 

Indy has a better record than OKC. 

 

George: 20 pts, 5 boards and 3 assists. 

 

The two guys Indy got:

 

Olapido 24 pts, 5 Rebs and 4 assists 

And 21-year old Center Sabonis - 12 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks. 

 

As of today, Indy won this deal. A deal they got killed for making a few months ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westbrook is a black hole. They should trade his ass right now while they can still get something significant in return and then move the team back to Seattle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Celts vs. Warriors finals could be a lot of fun. Not that I think the Celts have a shot at beating The Warriors. Kyrie Irving is fucking amazing though. What a disaster that trade turned out to be. I hope LeBron goes to The Spurs next year and teams up with Poppovich and Kawhi. My Sixers are starting to put it together. Look forward to seeing them in the playoffs. Hopefully Fultz will have remembered how to shoot a basketball by then. Still think Simmons and Embiid are talented and smart enough to give whoever they play in the first round a real run for their money. No doubt in my mind that those two are the next Kareem and Magic or Shaq and Penny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, Donald Trump said:

Westbrook is a black hole. They should trade his ass right now while they can still get something significant in return and then move the team back to Seattle

I agree. 

 

The Thunder don't belong in OKC. I can't even describe how ridiculous it is, but after living here for three years, it's insane. 

 

There is nothing in this city. All there is behind Chesapeake Arena is condemned property, and the state penitentiary a few blocks up the road. The only people you see in downtown OKC during the day time are recently released convicts hitching a ride to Dallas. 

 

It's fucking baffling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magisme said:

Thunder are in the top half of the league in attendance. :shrugs:

Honest, because there is probably not much else to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment sections, message boards, forums - really just show how fucked up and stupid people are. 

 

After the Blake Griffin trade I read numerous comments on a couple different sites where people were criticizing and bashing the Clippers and Jerry West for making a stupid trade and/or for not knowing what they were doing. 

 

Jerry West -  quick bio. 

Top 15 NBA player of all time. Maybe top 10. 

 

Coached three years - made playoffs all three. 

 

As a GM, helped Lakers win six NBA titles. Won GM of year. 

 

Moved to Memphis. As GM, led them to their first ever playoff berths. Again, won GM of the year. 

 

Moved to Golden State as an advisor and on the management team. Two NBA titles. And he helped build the current team. 

 

Came back to LA last year and took the same position with the Clippers. 

 

So.....as an executive, his teams have won 8 NBA titles and he helped build what could end up being one of the five best teams of all time. Two GM of the year awards. Is easily one of the top 2-3 GMs of all time. If not the best of all time. 

 

But some buttfuck who works at Target is saying West doesn’t know what he is doing because he traded away Blake Griffin. 

 

People are just fucking stupid. And the internet gives them an avenue to blast their stupidity to the world. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Comment sections, message boards, forums - really just show how fucked up and stupid people are. 

 

After the Blake Griffin trade I read numerous comments on a couple different sites where people were criticizing and bashing the Clippers and Jerry West for making a stupid trade and/or for not knowing what they were doing. 

 

Jerry West -  quick bio. 

Top 15 NBA player of all time. Maybe top 10. 

 

Coached three years - made playoffs all three. 

 

As a GM, helped Lakers win six NBA titles. Won GM of year. 

 

Moved to Memphis. As GM, led them to their first ever playoff berths. Again, won GM of the year. 

 

Moved to Golden State as an advisor and on the management team. Two NBA titles. And he helped build the current team. 

 

Came back to LA last year and took the same position with the Clippers. 

 

So.....as an executive, his teams have won 8 NBA titles and he helped build what could end up being one of the five best teams of all time. Two GM of the year awards. Is easily one of the top 2-3 GMs of all time. If not the best of all time. 

 

But some buttfuck who works at Target is saying West doesn’t know what he is doing because he traded away Blake Griffin. 

 

People are just fucking stupid. And the internet gives them an avenue to blast their stupidity to the world. 

 

 

Who cares? Golden State is just going to win it anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Who cares? Golden State is just going to win it anyway. 

That’s what people said two years ago when they set the record for most wins in a season. Or when New England went 16-0. Or when Rhonda Rousey was winning all her fights in ten seconds. Or when Mike Tyson fought Buster Douglas.  Or when the last presidential campaign season started anout Hillary. 

 

The list of huge favorites losing to underdogs is huge. 

 

For a sports fan you sure seem to hate everything about sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

 

For a sports fan you sure seem to hate everything about sports. 

Yeah because it's the same shit every year. There is no parity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is parity automatically a good thing? I prefer greatness in sports. Greatness should dominate. If a different team wins every year, that means there is no greatness. Everyone is just average

 

Plus, parity is kind of a myth everywhere except maybe the NFL. It has never really existed in sports. Bill Russel won like 37 straight championships with the Celts. The Yankees have 3000 world series titles. The Montreal Canadiens used to be good. Jack Nicklaus has 52 major wins. The same is true even in Olympic sports.

 

Greatness doesn't last forever, though. The body ages and younger bodies claim the throne. That's the drama. Personally, I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, magisme said:

Why is parity automatically a good thing? I prefer greatness in sports. Greatness should dominate. If a different team wins every year, that means there is no greatness. Everyone is just average

 

Plus, parity is kind of a myth everywhere except maybe the NFL. It has never really existed in sports. Bill Russel won like 37 straight championships with the Celts. The Yankees have 3000 world series titles. The Montreal Canadiens used to be good. Jack Nicklaus has 52 major wins. The same is true even in Olympic sports.

 

Greatness doesn't last forever, though. The body ages and younger bodies claim the throne. That's the drama. Personally, I love it.

Exactly. There is way more parity in sports today - because of free agency - than there ever has been in sports. 

 

I also don’t get people who want parity over greatness. A new champion every year is boring. There would be no more rivalries. 

 

I would much rather watch Ali fight Frazier than watch two mediocre boxers go at it. 

 

Love parity? Are you watching the Denver Nuggets play New Jersey Nets? The Tampa Bay Bucs vs the Arizona Cardinals? But the same person who won’t watch those games is sure watching the Patriots-Packers and Golden State-Cleveland game. 

 

People want to watch mediocre teams play instead of greatness? Weird. Parity is for losers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Yeah because it's the same shit every year. There is no parity.

That’s not even remotely true. It’s actual the exact opposite of what’s true. 

 

Thanks to free agency there is more parity in sports today than there ever has been in history. 

 

Pats have won five Super Bowls in 17 years. 

 

Who is the last team team in any sport to win three titles in a row? Hell, how often do teams win two championships in a row? Because that use to be the norm. Now it rarely happens. 

 

Lol. Maybe you will get your wish in the nba this year. Maybe two huge upsets will happen and you will get a Clippers vs Wizards NBA finals. I’m sure the tv ratings will be off the charts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

That’s not even remotely true. It’s actual the exact opposite of what’s true. 

 

Pats have won five Super Bowls in 17 years. 

 

I’m sure the tv ratings will be off the charts. 

 

Yes because going to the Super Bowl every other year defines parity. Jesus Christ. 

 

And your ratings argument is ridiculous. People have terrible tastes. That's an objective fact, and also why The Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular tv shows. 

 

Which is why the NFL has gone to shit. The Patriots are the Big Bang Theory in sports.

 

Unfortunately the NFL, and especially the Patriots, attracts mainly sixteen to seventeen year old douchebags, their target audience, so I guess rigging the Super Bowl in their favor is brilliant marketing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×