Skeeter

NBA 2017-2018

The young Sixers lost another close one to the Rockets. Once Embiid gets off the minute restrictions they are going to start kicking some serious ass. I'm all in on the Philly bandwagon.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, Donald Trump said:

The young Sixers lost another close one to the Rockets. Once Embiid gets off the minute restrictions they are going to start kicking some serious ass. I'm all in on the Philly bandwagon.

I think it's going to take some time. Half the time they look great, half the time they look like they're playing a pick up game. 

Simmons still has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential. Embiid is already the best center in the league per minutes played and will be the most dominant big man since Shaq if he can stay healthy. Fultz has clearly been injured and is getting a raw deal in the press. I think Fultz is going to be a good one. People forget that 19 year old Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant didn't exactly own the league in their first seasons. Sports media is worse than CNN now. The East is so shitty that the sixers should be able to make the playoffs if Embiid can stay healthy. They've been right there in every game he has played and all their losses have come at the hands of top four playoff teams from last year. 

16 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Brown = Reggie Lewis 

Tatuam = Paul Pierce 

Danny ainge is a fucking legend.

Tatum is nba ready right now but I don't believe he will be viewed as a top 3 player from this draft down the road. Celts need to go all in and trade for Anthony Davis. 

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Tatum is nba ready right now but I don't believe he will be viewed as a top 3 player from this draft down the road.

I definitely disagree with that. I think he'll be the best one.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:33 PM, Donald Trump said:

This Timberwolves team has the most individual talent they've ever had. Not that that says much since the only great player they've had in the team's entire history before now was KG. 

2004 if I recall was the only truly successful year in franchise history. 

We had Cassell, Spreewell, KG and I think Troy Hudson. Hudson was my favorite player. He could make threes consistently at a retarded distance but he was overshadowed by the others. 

Those were the good days.

Now they may as well give free admission to Minneapolis' homeless. It would look like we actually have fans. 

3 hours ago, magisme said:

I definitely disagree with that. I think he'll be the best one.

Despite his dad's antics Lonzo looks like he's going to be pretty damn good. I also think De'Aaron Fox is going to be great.  

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

Despite his dad's antics Lonzo looks like he's going to be pretty damn good. I also think De'Aaron Fox is going to be great.  

I watched Fox a lot at Kentucky, but I haven't seen him at all this season. If he can learn to shoot consistently, he'll be nasty. Ball will be a stud for sure.

Lots of good rookies this year.

19 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Anybody else watching the Sixers and Warriors game tonight? 

I'm gonna watch the Celts and record it for after or tomorrow morning.

I was super impressed with Jaylen Brown the other night against The Warriors. I am ready for the LeBron and Warriors era to be over. The East Coast is going to rule the NBA once again with all these freakishly talented young guys.  Bring on the Celtics and Sixers Eastern Conference Finals. 

Brown is absurdly explosive, and he has tremendous defensive, rebounding, and off-the-ball instincts. His shooting is coming along now too, which is exciting. Once he learns layups, he's going to be amazing. Seriously. Watch some Celts. He bricks more layups than anyone I've ever seen. :lol:

Celtics and 76ers should both go on a strong 5-year run after this season. 

This year should still probably come down to Cleveland. Maybe Toronto. Washington. Maybe Boston can break through this season if everything falls into place. But hard to tell until Cleveland is full strength with IT on the floor. If he comes back 100% and Rose/Wade aren’t injured in the playoffs - they should easily win the East. 

Would be funny if Lebron signed with Boston or Philly in the off season to finish out his career. 

Golden State is still the class of the league. But teams have a chance just because of the tougher road for them this year. They won’t sweep every series. Houston/Spurs/OKC could all push them to 6-7 games. 

It would be cool to see a Houston-Boston finals or an OKC-Cleveland finals or a San Antonio-Boston or Cleveland final. Anybody but the Warriors. 

12 hours ago, magisme said:

Brown is absurdly explosive, and he has tremendous defensive, rebounding, and off-the-ball instincts. His shooting is coming along now too, which is exciting. Once he learns layups, he's going to be amazing. Seriously. Watch some Celts. He bricks more layups than anyone I've ever seen. :lol:

He reminds me a little of a young Shawn Kemp. I believe this Boston team can get past Cleveland. The Cavs are old and they can't play defense. 

I think Philly can make noise this year in the playoffs if Embiid stays healthy and Fultz can come back and give them some solid production off the bench. Not saying they will be in the conference finals but I think they could get to the second round. Simmons sees the floor so well and is such a smart player. 

12 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

He reminds me a little of a young Shawn Kemp. I believe this Boston team can get past Cleveland. The Cavs are old and they can't play defense. 

I think Philly can make noise this year in the playoffs if Embiid stays healthy and Fultz can come back and give them some solid production off the bench. Not saying they will be in the conference finals but I think they could get to the second round. Simmons sees the floor so well and is such a smart player. 

I don't know what to expect from the Cavs come playoff time. I've only watched them a couple of times this year and they looked horrible both games. But can they turn it on when they need to? Quite possibly. They're nowhere near the lock in the East we thought they were though. They're vulnerable, and Boston is way ahead of schedule, even without Hayward.

I'm not 100% sold on the Sixers yet. I think they'll get there, but they're farther away than the Celts are, as they should be. Simmons is sick. He has no jump shot, but his other skills are so fantastic that it kind of doesn't matter. Embid is sick a decent amount of the time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't quite understand how to play to his strengths yet. Is it cool to see a charismatic 7-footer hit 3's? Sure. Does it help the team if he attempts them in volume and succeeds about 25% of the time? Not so much. As for Fultz, we'll see. I'm sure he'll be good long term, but is he ready to be good now? There are some other question marks too. Is Covington really going to finish the year around 50% from 3? Is Redick going to wear down as the season goes on?

I don't think a 2nd round run is out of the question. I'd be legit surprised if it went beyond that, though.

You guys might not want to count out the Cavs just quite yet. 

After Christmas they will be adding a dude who averaged 28 points a game last year. That’s huge. 

Also, they haven’t had their full team (not including IT) yet this year. Thompson has been hurt. Rose has been hurt. Wade has been hobbled. 

If Cleveland is full strength, they will easily dispose of Boston  in the East. 

3 hours ago, magisme said:

I don't know what to expect from the Cavs come playoff time. I've only watched them a couple of times this year and they looked horrible both games. But can they turn it on when they need to? Quite possibly. They're nowhere near the lock in the East we thought they were though. They're vulnerable, and Boston is way ahead of schedule, even without Hayward.

I'm not 100% sold on the Sixers yet. I think they'll get there, but they're farther away than the Celts are, as they should be. Simmons is sick. He has no jump shot, but his other skills are so fantastic that it kind of doesn't matter. Embid is sick a decent amount of the time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't quite understand how to play to his strengths yet. Is it cool to see a charismatic 7-footer hit 3's? Sure. Does it help the team if he attempts them in volume and succeeds about 25% of the time? Not so much. As for Fultz, we'll see. I'm sure he'll be good long term, but is he ready to be good now? There are some other question marks too. Is Covington really going to finish the year around 50% from 3? Is Redick going to wear down as the season goes on?

I don't think a 2nd round run is out of the question. I'd be legit surprised if it went beyond that, though.

A .500 season and a first round victory would be a huge success for Philly. That would be an A-plus year. 

I think Philly can do better. It all comes down to Embiid's health. Simmons and Embiid are both super intelligent, both have upper echelon Hall of Fame talent, and they both seem to be improving from game to game, figuring out what it takes to win games in this league and then executing. The last time I saw a young pairing this good was Shaq and Penny. On paper you could compare this young duo to Towns and Wiggins in Minnesota, but Embiid and Simmons have that X-factor that those guys don't have.