Is Metallica Objectively Better Than GNR?

Is Metallica Objectively Better Than GNR?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is Metallica

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words, while Metallica were making billions...

LOL.   This is a guy who wrote Shotgun Blues. Come on man. Take off the rose colored glasses. Also, Axl ruined his own life. He is the one who pushed everyone away. He beat Erin until she ha

Posted Images

It's laughable to watch Hetfield try to sing those sustained notes like he's a "real singer."  It's a joke.  It's family metallica, enjoy dad singing after he took his daughter to choir practice. 

And Bruce Dickinson sucks.  Paul DiAnno was way better. 

21 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

It's laughable to watch Hetfield try to sing those sustained notes like he's a "real singer."  It's a joke.  It's family metallica, enjoy dad singing after he took his daughter to choir practice. 

And Bruce Dickinson sucks.  Paul DiAnno was way better. 

you seem triggered a bit, because you post nonsense

Yeah, Metallica is family friendly for about... 25 years. Yeah they are a corporate machine at this point. He is certainly more "real" than Axl for example

Who gives a shit in 2020?

Is this something that is news to you or what?

I mean, i could see your point, but this is just second tier trolling, bro

also

magisme likes this

this is pretty sad

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

you seem triggered a bit, because you post nonsense

Yeah, Metallica is family friendly for about... 25 years. Yeah they are a corporate machine at this point. He is certainly more "real" than Axl for example

Who gives a shit in 2020?

Is this something that is news to you or what?

I mean, i could see your point, but this is just second tier trolling, bro

also

this is pretty sad

LOL says the guy who wrote a wall of text essay in response to my original post and now is continuing to "debate".  It's pretty clear who's bothered here.  But hey, maybe if I offend you enough, you'll stop clicking like on 80% of my posts. 

You know who you remind me of?  Bad Apple.  Is that you, Bad Apple?  You post just like him.  Maybe you can ask JB to merge your accounts. 

Maybe you can sing along with Hetfield's do-re-me warmup routine.  At least Axl sounded good with AC/DC.  Wiped the floor with Hetfield's Dad rock metallicaette voice. 

5 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

LOL says the guy who wrote a wall of text essay in response to my original post and now is continuing to "debate".  It's pretty clear who's bothered here.  But hey, maybe if I offend you enough, you'll stop clicking like on 80% of my posts. 

You know who you remind me of?  Bad Apple.  Is that you, Bad Apple?  You post just like him.  Maybe you can ask JB to merge your accounts. 

Maybe you can sing along with Hetfield's do-re-me warmup routine.  At least Axl sounded good with AC/DC.  Wiped the floor with Hetfield's Dad rock metallicaette voice. 

why the hostility

I wrote 5 sentences to your shitpost

is that  wall of text now?

I will like every post you make just to annoy your sorry ass then:rofl-lol: From what i can tell, you never really using the like system, so... who gives a fuck what you think. I will like what i want

you post like an 8 chan troll mixed with mygina conosseurs and you almost always being bitter about something (like Ragenar) . You fucked off when leakshit happened, so...:beta:

Btw even Maiden fans will laugh at you if you say Di Anno > Dickinson. That's like if you say Rob Gardner >Steven Adler or Paul Tobias > Izzy Stradlin

At least Axl sounded good with AC/DC.  Wiped the floor with Hetfield's Dad rock metallicaette voice. 

Yeah

Too bad he is shit in his own band for nearly two decades (sans 2-3 years)

Metallica was never about brilliant vocals, so that's why your posts seems a bit second tier trolling material

and no, this is not a wall of text( for grown ups at the very least)

Could someone give me an example of Hetfield's best singing and worst, preferable the same song?

DiAnno and Dickinson are apples and oranges but even if DiAnno wasn't an absolute loser flake and had continued the Maiden legacy would have been a fraction of what it has become with Dickinson. 

Het field is kind of a bad singer he’s like Lemmy or something, he has great voice and although I don’t always like the lyrics I feel it’s heartfelt. Metallica is like the sound of a freight train with the singer’s nuts in a vice. If it derails things are going to get messy. 

2 hours ago, JordanRose said:

Could someone give me an example of Hetfield's best singing and worst, preferable the same song?

2006 was dark days. Basically the Metallica equivalent of Fat Axl's dreadlocks and oversized hockey jerseys era. He's a lot better now but still nowhere near 80s level obv.

20 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

2006 was dark days. Basically the Metallica equivalent of Fat Axl's dreadlocks and oversized hockey jerseys era. He's a lot better now but still nowhere near 80s level obv.

I'm confused. In 2006 he sounds as good as I would have expected 17 years later. He's not struggling for the same notes, sounds the same overall. And you're telling me he's better NOW another 15 years later? 

For me, Metallica shot their load with Load.

Besides a few numbers off Reload and covers, everything after that does very little for me.

However, they kick any post 90s GNR or Axl GNR's ass all day every day...let's face it, most any band is objectively better than post AFD lineup Guns N Roses- all Axl is good at is disappointing and alienating fans.

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I challenge anybody to listen to the St Anger title track and not imagine him sitting there hitting a trash can. What's even more weird is he took that there trash can to San Quentin prison too to play it in front of inmates.

Weird times, but good for them for taking their chances and making a risky move. It didn’t quite work (the purists were pulling their hair like little bitches).

I was never a big fan of the band, but I have respect for the guys, except for Lars’ musicianship: he took the Axl route and now he’s not even a shadow of his former self behind the kit.

6 hours ago, JordanRose said:

I'm confused. In 2006 he sounds as good as I would have expected 17 years later. He's not struggling for the same notes, sounds the same overall. And you're telling me he's better NOW another 15 years later? 

Yes

Somehow he managed to sound better as he gets older

2004-2007 was Hetfield's equivalent of Axl's Mickey periods

In fact, he has not been good until the mid 10's

4 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Yes

Somehow he managed to sound better as he gets older

2004-2007 was Hetfield's equivalent of Axl's Mickey periods

In fact, he has not been good until the mid 10's

Wow, that's crazy. Could you give the most recent solid vocal where he's really pushing himself? 

5 hours ago, JordanRose said:

Wow, that's crazy. Could you give the most recent solid vocal where he's really pushing himself? 

SM2 or listen the recent acoustic album at Spotify

or you just open up youtube search for metallica's official channel and pick it up for yourself. They have TONS of recent and not so recent live videos

You can easily compare his mid00's voice with the more recent performances

Of course he is not that great all the time, but miles better than what he was in the mid 00's. he was downright terrible at that period, imho

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

There are quite a few

check the newer songs on AJFA versions

It's weird as fuck, because you can hear the writing is there, they just fuck up the production/sound all the time:smugpepe:

Some of them are better than others. StateOfMercury seems to be far and away the most accurate and always have vocals.