Miser

Why is Axl's hair so gross?

Miser, you know the answer to this.  

1. He's a redhead.  Some gingers have thin hair to begin with.  Older photos of Axl confirm he's one of those types of gingers.  Always had low hair density
  2. He had hair plugs. To his credit, I think they did a really good job.  He went for the hair by hair method, not the batch plug method (the little circles of hair).  However, to do this, they often will remove hair from elsewhere.  So he's had his scalp thinned even further.
  3. Rumor had it he may be using the Tom Cruise laser thingy, which actually supposedly helps.  But he's zapping his scalp with lasers.  
  4. He's probably on anti-depressants.  A lot of anti-depressants and other medications can have odd effects on hair.  Prozac for example, will often thin the hair, in a particular way different from mail pattern baldness.
  5. Ginger's hair often turns blond-ish when they get older.  An ex girlfriend of mine was a ginger when I took her virginity, then when we hooked up 10 years later, her hair was Axl's color- that strawberry blond stuff.

But ultimately, I think Axl wouldn't have been fully bald had he let his hair fall off.  I think it would've been thinned and receding, as you can kind of see.  So when they did the plugs, they had to sorta work with what was there- it wasn't like the typical male pattern baldness where the shit just goes.  It was probably patchy, so what you're seeing is a mix of the plugs and his originally placed hair.  

2 hours ago, altered beast said:

1. He's a redhead.  Some gingers have thin hair to begin with.  Older photos of Axl confirm he's one of those types of gingers.  Always had low hair density
  2. He had hair plugs. To his credit, I think they did a really good job.  He went for the hair by hair method, not the batch plug method (the little circles of hair).  However, to do this, they often will remove hair from elsewhere.  So he's had his scalp thinned even further.
  3. Rumor had it he may be using the Tom Cruise laser thingy, which actually supposedly helps.  But he's zapping his scalp with lasers.  
  4. He's probably on anti-depressants.  A lot of anti-depressants and other medications can have odd effects on hair.  Prozac for example, will often thin the hair, in a particular way different from mail pattern baldness.
  5. Ginger's hair often turns blond-ish when they get older.  An ex girlfriend of mine was a ginger when I took her virginity, then when we hooked up 10 years later, her hair was Axl's color- that strawberry blond stuff.

But ultimately, I think Axl wouldn't have been fully bald had he let his hair fall off.  I think it would've been thinned and receding, as you can kind of see.  So when they did the plugs, they had to sorta work with what was there- it wasn't like the typical male pattern baldness where the shit just goes.  It was probably patchy, so what you're seeing is a mix of the plugs and his originally placed hair.  

1. I would counter this. Most of my family are redheads....All of them had, and have thick hair. 

2. Hair plugs are supposed to look good; convincing. Hair by hair? I only know of the FUE and FUS methods. They remove the hair from the back of your head, which grows back. It wouldn't cause the back of his head to look like greasy pubes.
3. Still doesn't explain the stringy weird curliness.
4. I'll give you this.
5. Gingers go from red hair to brown and then white normally. My mother had the same hair color as Axl did as a youth. It turned dark brown by her mid 30s (like Axl's did in the early 90s) and now is white in her 60s.

He wasn't actually going bald. It was thinning somewhat but when he cut it short in 1996/1997 it wasn't receding. 

7 hours ago, Sora said:

1. I would counter this. Most of my family are redheads....All of them had, and have thick hair. 

2. Hair plugs are supposed to look good; convincing. Hair by hair? I only know of the FUE and FUS methods. They remove the hair from the back of your head, which grows back. It wouldn't cause the back of his head to look like greasy pubes.
3. Still doesn't explain the stringy weird curliness.
4. I'll give you this.
5. Gingers go from red hair to brown and then white normally. My mother had the same hair color as Axl did as a youth. It turned dark brown by her mid 30s (like Axl's did in the early 90s) and now is white in her 60s.

He wasn't actually going bald. It was thinning somewhat but when he cut it short in 1996/1997 it wasn't receding. 

1. There's nothing to counter.  Axl's hair has always been thin.  The old videos prove it.  We're not talking about your fucking family.  
  2. Hair does not "regrow" back once they move it.  I thought you were a fucking expert?  If you move the hair root, another root doesn't just magically grow back.  
  3. It could.  How the fuck do you know what a scientology laser would do to someone's hair?
  4. Good.
  5. No, they do not.  A brown hair phase?  Now you're just trolling me.  Look dude, i'm glad your mom had hair just like Axl's, but like I said, my ginger ex girlfriend's hair turned strawberry blonde by the time she was 30.  Looked just like Axl's.  

I think it was running at the temples.  You can definitely tell something's been done there.  Who knows what brazilian backwoods doctors his nanny family took him to. 

The variance in your stories almost suggests that genetic variation runs across a very wide spectrum and also that it is directly related to heritable traits.

The gene responsible for the red menace is the Mc1r gene. I hope we can find a cure but right now all we can do is pray. Anyway, this gene and others change throughout one's life, specifically at the onset of puberty, and as levels of melanin change, so does hair color. 

We can attribute some of the change of the old woman's hair color to genetics but we must also consider environmental factors, such as nutrition, emotional support, weight, and more. There are also some things that we simply don't know.

The one thing we do know is that granny should immediately fire her makeup person because whomever picked out that neon orange tint should be working at Walgreens. Seriously, who does her eyebrows, Michelle Carter? And no more chemical peels, she's starting to look looking like Chucky. 

Don't be sour. You know this tastes right.

11 hours ago, altered beast said:

The more souls gingers steal the lighter their hair gets.

15 hours ago, altered beast said:

1. There's nothing to counter.  Axl's hair has always been thin.  The old videos prove it.  We're not talking about your fucking family.  
  2. Hair does not "regrow" back once they move it.  I thought you were a fucking expert?  If you move the hair root, another root doesn't just magically grow back.  
  3. It could.  How the fuck do you know what a scientology laser would do to someone's hair?
  4. Good.
  5. No, they do not.  A brown hair phase?  Now you're just trolling me.  Look dude, i'm glad your mom had hair just like Axl's, but like I said, my ginger ex girlfriend's hair turned strawberry blonde by the time she was 30.  Looked just like Axl's.  

I think it was running at the temples.  You can definitely tell something's been done there.  Who knows what brazilian backwoods doctors his nanny family took him to. 

1. You were giving an example of your ex as anecdotal evidence, so I gave my own example. I often wonder if Axl straightened his hair back in the day? He seemed to have thicker hair as a child and even in his adult arrest photos before he had money.

2. What I mean is this " donor site after undergoing hair transplant surgery. Well, the short answer would be ‘no’. Since entire hair follicles and the surrounding cells are completely removed from beneath the scalp surface, hair re-growth in the donor site is not at all possible. Hair re-growth will only take place in areas in the donor site where the hair follicles were not fully removed. However, since your hair transplant surgeon will harvest follicles from an area in the scalp with the densest concentration of hair, the effect will be barely noticeable. The remaining hair surrounding the donor area is more than enough to conceal the spots where the excisions were made. In addition, hair is expected to grow back from either side of the incision, and under some circumstances, even through the incision after the scar has fully healed. This is one of the main reasons why hair restoration experts try to keep the donor scar as thin as possible." Meaning that he wouldn't have a big bald patch in the back.

3. Well, Cruise's hair looks okay regardless. I don't know of ANY celebrity whose hair is as gross as Axl's.

4. http://www.quora.com/Why-is-my-naturally-red-hair-turning-brown

Axl w/ brown hair:
s6z6.jpg 

308514-314x479.jpglarge.jpg

19940119photo04.jpg

His hair varied wildly from pure red:
01f894fb11902320b2461bb81e0472db--guns-a

to strawberry:11f46774bbeed48a758614efbee14b02.jpg

to almost a straw colo:
988d5fa5193cfe8a72ce8a5d808ee4e4--guns-a

It looks the same here around 96-97 as it did in the 80s

215861d582282758a6644935d36f0936.jpg

tumblr_nyp2t0oMNy1ufauu3o1_1280.jpg

He looks like some scuzzy fat perv who would be hanging by the stadium begging for change and talking about how awesome the 80s were. He really went from being a good looking man to being extremely gross looking. He did some shit to his skin, it isn't just the weight.