Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Best Advice You've Ever Received

I had a booth at a job fair this week and a half dozen people approached me and told me they loved my unsolicited life advice at the February career day, as i mentioned previously in this or another thread. 

Jackie Moon, inspiring minds. 

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change."

- Charles Darwin (not really).

I probably should follow this one right now.

4 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change."

- Charles Darwin (not really).

I probably should follow this one right now.

This is the most important Darwin quote that everyone always forgets.

45 minutes ago, magisme said:

This is the most important Darwin quote that everyone always forgets.

I disagree. Seems to be the stupid, set in their ways morons that are thriving if I take a look around. They don't handle change (or anything that questions their line of thinking) very well at all.

5 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I disagree. Seems to be the stupid, set in their ways morons that are thriving if I take a look around. They don't handle change (or anything that questions their line of thinking) very well at all.

Then it's advantageous to survival to be a set in your way moron. Although thriving isn't the same as surviving.

It's not an actual Darwin quote, but it's a good summary of evolution in a truism. Those who survive are those who are best equipped to survive under their specific circumstances. It's not a conscious choice like they prepare for survival. It's more like hindsight. What life forms have been the most equipped to survive? Well, the ones that have survived.

We also have to understand that the time frame for evolution is much larger than we can understand. Those who seem to be "thriving" now could very well go extinct in the blink of evolution's eye.

women fall harder than a ripe apple of a tree

- Isaac Newton

that motherfucker was a head of his time.

12 minutes ago, magisme said:

Then it's advantageous to survival to be a set in your way moron. Although thriving isn't the same as surviving.

It's not an actual Darwin quote, but it's a good summary of evolution in a truism. Those who survive are those who are best equipped to survive under their specific circumstances. It's not a conscious choice like they prepare for survival. It's more like hindsight. What life forms have been the most equipped to survive? Well, the ones that have survived.

We also have to understand that the time frame for evolution is much larger than we can understand. Those who seem to be "thriving" now could very well go extinct in the blink of evolution's eye.

We can hope.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, bacardimayne said:

i rearranged my livingroom to facilitate quickest access to the fridge and the can

does that count as a shortcut

The way you eat, that's just solid forethought.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:05 AM, jackie moon said:

I had a booth at a job fair this week and a half dozen people approached me and told me they loved my unsolicited life advice at the February career day, as i mentioned previously in this or another thread. 

Jackie Moon, inspiring minds. 

You should write a book about office politics. My friend had a way of undermiming his manager or whoever above him. His theory was you bet against the project going well. So you will probably win and being the voice of discontent in private ensures a promo. Never take on the chalkenges of a new promotion, use it to increase pay in another job. Once in the new position you use that to get similar job in another company for more money. Again you undermime your superior in secret to remove them and take their job. It’s a 10 year war. Once you have experience get a redundancy package payout then become a consultant for triple pay. It was fascinating following his career and route to the top. Never actually did any real work until he became a consultant. After a year he sold up moved to beach in Peru. 

Edited by wasted