Brian

The Next Game Signup (Game will not begin until Conor's ends)

The following Mafia is based on The Sopranos television show. Characters and such belong to HBO, and are used with Fair Use.

BASIC RULES

• You will be split into three teams; New Jersey Mafia, New York Mafia, and Rats. These teams will be selected at random, and you will be assigned your team secretly by myself through PM. It will be an even split as far as the main two teams go, while there will be three rats per family at the outset. While each Family knows their own membership, no one knows who the rats are. The purpose of the game is twofold: New Jersey must eliminate New York, while both teams must work to eliminate all rats.
  • No Rat will know of the other's status as a rat. Rats will ONLY know the membership of their team. Each rat will only also know the status of their immediate equals and higher-ups. For example, if a Rat in the NJ Family is a Captain, he will only know who the Captains, Boss and Underboss are. If a rat is a Soldier or Lower, he will only know who his fellow Soldiers, Associates, and Capo are.
  •  The idea of the game is whoever takes out the most people wins via the typical Lynch system. However, if a rat manages to get the Boss of either family Lynched, that Boss will be taken out of the game (resulting in a loss for that round). If a rat manages to take out the Boss, Underboss, and Consigliere of a team in a consecutive run, that team loses automatically. A deceased Boss will be replaced by his Underboss; and in the event his Underboss falls, his Consigliere will become Boss. If the Boss, Underboss, and Consigliere all fall, the remaining Captains from that team will be allowed to discuss (via PM) a choice of a new Boss from among their membership, which will then be submitted to me. The team that losses three successive Bosses in a row, or loses their Boss, Consigliere and Underboss in succession, loses.
  • Barring that, the team which loses the most members by such attrition/lynching, loses.

Also, there will be an one or two "oddball" events each round after round two, which have nothing to do with any player's actions. For example, a Boss can die naturally and will need to be replaced through the aforementioned means.

Each team will also be assigned one Cop (if there are enough signups). The cops only know who the Bosses of their own team are. The Cops on both teams will have the following abilities every other round, BUT can only choose to use one of these abilities per round, so they must choose carefully:

• Attempt to "flip" a member into becoming a Rat. This will remain a secret; if the Cop chooses this route, and the member decides to become a rat, neither the Rat nor the Cop can reveal this publicly. This will work by the Cop PM'img me and saying he wishes to flip so and so. A cop could flip a rival member's teammate...or his own's. Any team which ends up becoming majority rats will lose.
  • Gain info on ONE game member of their choosing. This can be hit or miss depending on how good or poor the cop's skills are. They might learn that someone is on their team, or on the opposing team. That's all dependent on how good the cop is. Again, this information will not publicly be disclosed. The Cop can PM his Boss, who in turn can pass on the info to his team. At this point, the fingered person (if he knows from his Boss he's been fingered) will have the opportunity to Flip. They will do this by writing to me and expressing their desire to become a Rat. This should only ideally be done if they feel that the info the Cop has garnered will lead to their own lynching.

Note, all rats are basically Indys. They can choose to give information to the Cop each round, who then uses it accordingly, or not. They can stay loyal to the Family while ratting, or not. It's up to them. The rats don't win; they just have to stay alive.

The game will last eight rounds. All votes to Lynch will require 10 votes. 

@Conor and @bacardimayne will help me write/run each round as I am new at this, and there will be no antics from me. I will also not cockblock Conor's game; This is just a sign-up thread. My game will NOT begin until Conor's current game has finished.

Please ask any questions here.

14 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Ill help you make a passable game but I'm not playing.

Yeah, that's fine. No one running the game can play anyway, so yeah, you can help me script rounds and such, and if @Conor will also help me run the game, each of you can take turns scripting the rounds. I'll collect the data I've gotten from PM's and pass them on to you, and you can write a nice dramatic flourish to the results. I'm only going to be running the game in a structural sense - You guys get to be the public faces so people don't think it'll be a shit game based on me being the creator of it.

Addendums:

The ranks in the game are:

Boss/Underboss/Consigliere (Equal)

Captain 

Soldier

Associate. 

The Bosses know everyone on their team's identity.  IE if you're Tony Soprano, you know who is in the Soprano Family ONLY. Bosses DO NOT know who rats are.

Soldiers know the identities of the Associates, and Capos of their fellow team.
Capos know who the Boss, Underboss, Consigliere and Soldiers are.
The lowest level player knows his team the least. Let's say your rank is ASSOCIATE. An Associate will know who their fellow Associates and  Soldiers of THEIR team are, but no one above that.

Only the Cop, myself, and a Rat know who a Rat is. A Rat DOES NOT know their own team member. They can easily vote, accidentally, to Lynch another Rat. All a Rat has to do is stay alive.

The ultimate goal of both Families to try to kill rats, and try to kill as much of the other Family as possible.

If you're a COP, and you PM me saying  "I wanna try to flip (Member Name)". I'll give you the okay. You have to approach him. You can't tell him which team you're the Cop for, only that you're a Cop. If he says yes, it remains a secret between you, him and I. If he says no, he can't say you're the cop outright but he can try to get people to lynch you. So, the would-be rat could accidentally fuck his own team by lynching his team's own cop unwittingly. A team with a lynched cop doesn't lose, it's just harder to play.

Flipped rats are a bonus to the team that flips them. If you're (Member Name), the Cop for the Soprano Family, and you're positive (Player) is a member of the opposing Family, if you flip them, they can only snitch on the opposing family. This can backfire; if you're the Cop and you flip a guy on your own team, you just created a Rat who can only snitch (Lynch) someone on your own team. Only the Cop(s), myself, and the rat will know who has been flipped.

I do have a suggestion though 

is there any chance of creating anonymous players. Maybe create (how ever many people playing) alt accounts? 

I feel sometimes it turns turns into a he said she said kind of scenario. 

If no, that's cool. 

Just now, GnRLiars said:

I do have a suggestion though 

is there any chance of creating anonymous players. Maybe create (how ever many people playing) alt accounts? 

I feel sometimes it turns turns into a he said she said kind of scenario. 

If no, that's cool. 

I do like the idea but I think that would overcomplicate and potentially bias things. Rats are pretty anonymous though - They only know who they are. They don't know who the Cop is, or who other Rats are; just their immediate Family. IE let's say you're a Rat, and also an Associate - see above - you'll only know a certain level of players in your family.

By the way, I didn't ask @Conor before I made this thread if he wanted to help me. I'm offering it to him for allowing me to be part of his game, which he didn't have to do. If he doesn't want to help me, he doesn't have to. Sorry, Conor, I didn't mean to volunteer you. I would appreciate your help, though, if you'd be willing to give it.

7 minutes ago, Miser said:

I do like the idea but I think that would overcomplicate and potentially bias things. Rats are pretty anonymous though - They only know who they are. They don't know who the Cop is, or who other Rats are; just their immediate Family. IE let's say you're a Rat, and also an Associate - see above - you'll only know a certain level of players in your family.

That's cool. I like the rat twist

6 hours ago, Miser said:

By the way, I didn't ask @Conor before I made this thread if he wanted to help me. I'm offering it to him for allowing me to be part of his game, which he didn't have to do. If he doesn't want to help me, he doesn't have to. Sorry, Conor, I didn't mean to volunteer you. I would appreciate your help, though, if you'd be willing to give it.

I was just about to ask this :lol: That was quite confusing. I'll certainly try to help out though, however you need it. 

16 minutes ago, Conor said:

I was just about to ask this :lol: That was quite confusing. I'll certainly try to help out though, however you need it. 

I volunteered and I think he took that as both of us. :lol:

1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

I volunteered and I think he took that as both of us. :lol:

I'll only work with you if you send me more nudes/Big Show nudes/nudes of you and Big Show after your escapades.

14 minutes ago, The Ultimate Cock Gobbler said:

I think we've all given up hope that you will ever carry through with your thoughts of hosting a game.

No shit, sherlock. :lol: