Miser

Tips for new Mafia gamerunners?

Well since you edited your thread after I'd replied, I'll address the new topic. 

It sounds like a cool game Miser, I'll be signing up, but my first piece of advice would be to avoid writing out the full rules, premise, and backstory to your game over a number of paragraphs and asking for sign-ups before someone else's game has even started. 

It's just a bit of a courtesy. Otherwise, the best advice I can give is to hold your ground on your rules, and keep an Excel file or similar notes. 

Edited by Conor

Just now, Conor said:

It sounded like a cool game Miser, I'll be signing up, but my first piece of advice would be to avoid writing out the full rules, premise, and backstory to your game over a number of paragraphs and asking for sign-ups before someone else's game has even started. 

It's just a bit of a courtesy.

Sorry, did not mean to step on your toes. I've only played in two or three Mafia games ever, and never run one. I didn't mean any disrespect.

It's grand, as I said, it's just something of a courtesy. Try not to be complicated, and check some old games/Mafia sites. Otherwise, as I said, keep an excel for roles, powers, votes etc.

Miser, I would suggest making sure you read the sign up thread.  I signed up for Conor's game well in advance, and he either completely missed it, or omitted me.  But seeing how the retards can't even abide the relatively simple set up of the new game, I'm not really missing much.

/bitter