Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Dazey - we love you. Welcome back.

On 6/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, Miser said:

If it makes you feel any better, I hope I can be like you when I grow up too.

No. 

I'm an anonymous dude that you chat with on a forum dedicated to an 80s hair metal band. 

I don't need medication. I don't dwell in the past. I don't give a fuck if people like me or not.  You know how much time and energy I spend dwelling about the past or ex-girlfriends? Zero. Can you magically make your cock three inches longer and also obtain more girth?

You and I are nothing alike. 

Don't aspire to be me or Dazey. 

Aspire to be the Best Miser that you can be. BE THE BEST YOU. 

51 minutes ago, Apollo said:

No. 

I'm an anonymous dude that you chat with on a forum dedicated to an 80s hair metal band. 

I don't need medication. I don't dwell in the past. I don't give a fuck if people like me or not.  You know how much time and energy I spend dwelling about the past or ex-girlfriends? Zero. Can you magically make your cock three inches longer and also obtain more girth?

You and I are nothing alike. 

Don't aspire to be me or Dazey. 

Aspire to be the Best Miser that you can be. BE THE BEST YOU. 

Miser 

*stop caring so much about how people on forums feel about you. Stop the self loathing posts. Stop the "forgive me" essays. Nobody cares and they just make you look creepy af. 

*stop letting ex-girlfriends have so much control over you. She wasn't the one that got away. She wasn't your one true love. She isn't still secretly flirting with you. Once you've broken up - stop thinking about her. All your energy and emotions should be rolling towards your next one. 

*stop believing you are some kind of online character named Miser. It's pretty weird how you do that. 

*for fucks sakes. I just saw a post where you said you went back and were reading topics from ten years ago. Don't define yourself from online forums. I'm literally taking a dump as I type this. 90% of my posting time comes when I'm dropping the Cosby kids off at the pool. STOP taking these forums so seriously. 

*stop obsessing about things. 

Those are your first steps. 

And again. Don't idolize forum strangers. BE THE BEST YOU. 

48 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Miser 

*stop caring so much about how people on forums feel about you. Stop the self loathing posts. Stop the "forgive me" essays. Nobody cares and they just make you look creepy af. 

*stop letting ex-girlfriends have so much control over you. She wasn't the one that got away. She wasn't your one true love. She isn't still secretly flirting with you. Once you've broken up - stop thinking about her. All your energy and emotions should be rolling towards your next one. 

*stop believing you are some kind of online character named Miser. It's pretty weird how you do that. 

*for fucks sakes. I just saw a post where you said you went back and were reading topics from ten years ago. Don't define yourself from online forums. I'm literally taking a dump as I type this. 90% of my posting time comes when I'm dropping the Cosby kids off at the pool. STOP taking these forums so seriously. 

*stop obsessing about things. 

Those are your first steps. 

And again. Don't idolize forum strangers. BE THE BEST YOU. 

I agree with all your points except the second. I dated this girl for a year, and yeah, that's not too long, but I've been with 5 different women since and even when I've tried my hardest, no one seems to compare. Even when I put all my emotions into the new ones. As much as I may like them as people, they just feel like cheap replacements. The girl was my fiancee. She was stunningly gorgeous, like a model. She was an amazing person.

4 minutes ago, Miser said:

I agree with all your points except the second. I dated this girl for a year, and yeah, that's not too long, but I've been with 5 different women since and even when I've tried my hardest, no one seems to compare. Even when I put all my emotions into the new ones. As much as I may like them as people, they just feel like cheap replacements. The girl was my fiancee. She was stunningly gorgeous, like a model. She was an amazing person.

But you guys broke up. It's over. Finished. Move on. Dwelling on the past is never good. We all have a special ex or two. Most of us move on. 

You guys werent meant to be together. She wasn't The One. Or you weren't The One for her. 

You broke up for a reason. Maybe u will never date another girl as hot or amazing as her. That sucks. But doesn't change the fact you can't go back in time. 

Clinging to an ex just makes you (or anybody) seem desperate and creepy af. 

People often hang on to their "perfect" ex as a way to feel sorry about themselves, an excuse for their unhappiness, or as a crutch to not have to push themselves forward and take chances. 

When I was single and crushing trim like a rock star, one of the biggest deal breakers in determining if I was going to try and date her or just have sex was how attached they were to an ex. As soon as the "he broke my heart, so now I'm having trouble trusting guys" or the things you just said - boom. I instantly knew which group they were going into. 

It really is just dumb to be hung up on an ex. Or an old job. Car. House. Whatever. You can't go back in time. So why waste your time and emotion dwelling over it?

You are carrying enough monkeys on your shoulders and back. Take that one off. Lighten your load. 

What's healthier and more rewarding? Living in the past or living in the moment and planning your future?

Just now, Apollo said:

But you guys broke up. It's over. Finished. Move on. Dwelling on the past is never good. We all have a special ex or two. Most of us move on. 

You guys werent meant to be together. She wasn't The One. Or you weren't The One for her. 

You broke up for a reason. Maybe u will never date another girl as hot or amazing as her. That sucks. But doesn't change the fact you can't go back in time. 

Clinging to an ex just makes you (or anybody) seem desperate and creepy af. 

People often hang on to their "perfect" ex as a way to feel sorry about themselves, an excuse for their unhappiness, or as a crutch to not have to push themselves forward and take chances. 

When I was single and crushing trim like a rock star, one of the biggest deal breakers in determining if I was going to try and date her or just have sex was how attached they were to an ex. As soon as the "he broke my heart, so now I'm having trouble trusting guys" or the things you just said - boom. I instantly knew which group they were going into. 

It really is just dumb to be hung up on an ex. Or an old job. Car. House. Whatever. You can't go back in time. So why waste your time and emotion dwelling over it?

You are carrying enough monkeys on your shoulders and back. Take that one off. Lighten your load. 

What's healthier and more rewarding? Living in the past or living in the moment and planning your future?

You know, you're right. And yeah, you fuck with me and whatnot, but I appreciate the advice. I guess the biggest reason why I do it is because I see so much clearer now, and the fucked up part is that, all of the things which made us break up don't exist anymore - all the issues. I'm going to be 27, and I see friends, and exes alike getting married or at least being engaged, and that (along with other monkeys on my shoulders as you said) weigh on me. And here I am still playing the dating game. I think that's why I get so hung up on this girl as stupid as it is. It's the trap of "what could've been." But you're right, I have to try to move forward if only for my own sake. Thank you again, genuinely, for the advice. 

14 hours ago, Apollo said:

Dwelling on the past is never good.

In all fairness to Miser, these GNR forums are 90% about dwelling in the past!  :D

Most of the discussions involve old songs, old albums, old concerts, old videos, old band members, old groupies, old movies, old forum members, etc.

Good memories aren't a bad thing, it's just a matter of knowing where to draw the line.

Geez. Apollo cares alot about Miser. Just look at the walls of text full of nice advices. 

I hope Apollo adopts Miser during the convention hes organizing.

51 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

This was a Dazey thread, right?

No wonder the dude went back to mygnr, because his thread was Misered

He never left there, I think he stopped by here because of extra time while recovering from his surgery.  But yeah, this thread went waaaay offtopic. :D

4 hours ago, GUNNER said:

Geez. Apollo cares alot about Miser. Just look at the walls of text full of nice advices. 

I hope Apollo adopts Miser during the convention hes organizing.

I care about everybody. 

And no. I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have the potential to snap and go on a killing spree. No dual convention for me.