Conor

#SocialJusticeNotMafia Sign-Up & Rules Thread

BASIC RULES

• You will be split into two teams; Those Without Tumblr (TWOTs) and Social Justice Warriors (SJWs). These teams will be selected at random, and you will be assigned your team secretly by myself through PM. It will be an 8:4 split. The TWOTs will only know their own alignment, whereas the SJWs will be aware of their entire team. There is no elimination. You will each take part for the duration of the game.
  • The game will be split into seven rounds, or Missions. Prior to each Mission, you will vote for a Leader. You may discuss amongst yourselves who is best suited to this role, and vote for your Leader in a similar fashion to voting to lynch in Mafia (bolded Official Vote). You may change your vote as many times as you wish until a majority of 7 is reached. A player may be voted as Leader on more than one occasion, but not in successive rounds.The Leader, with your help and discussion, will then determine who is sent out on the subsequent Mission, including or not including himself. The number of players sent on each Mission will increase as the game goes on.
    • Mission 1: 3 players
    • Mission 2: 4 players
    • Mission 3: 4 players
    • Mission 4: 5 players
    • Mission 5: 6 players
    • Mission 6*: 7 players
    • Mission 7: 7 players
  • When you have discussed the make-up of the team, and the Leader has officially submitted his selection, the players sent on the Mission will contact me via PM, stating their intention for the Mission to be a "Success" or "Failure". TWOTs must pick Success, however SJWs may choose either. I will reveal the number of votes for each at the end of the Mission. For the Mission to be accomplished for TWOTs, all votes must be Success. If even one vote is Failure, the SJWs have sabotaged the Mission. (*The exception to this is Mission 6, which requires two Failure votes for the SJWs to sabotage.)
  • The game will end when the TWOTs successfully complete four Missions, or the SJWs manage to sabotage four Missions.

Please ask any questions now, before the start of the game this weekend.

Didnt understand anything. But, nevermind, hopefully someone accepts my partnership and explains me better.

14 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Didnt understand anything. But, nevermind, hopefully someone accepts my partnership and explains me better.

What don't you understand about it?

I really am asking for feedback before this starts. Any confusion please don't hesitate to ask. This is new to me as well. I'd also appreciate if people could let me know through a post or a like that they've read through the rules.

3 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

so this is basically mafia but no one dies

That's the biggest difference, yes. You're still trying to work out the deceptive people within your ranks, but it should also be possible by actual calculation, given you've had at least some decent intuition earlier. For example, if Mission 1 passes, you know you can probably trust the people who went on it. The gamechanger could be how and when a SJW lets a mission Succeed to cover their tracks.

3 hours ago, Miser said:

Is there any chance we can do a Sopranos themed Mafia next?

I have been working on a "New Jersey" themed mafia game which features Miser, Broski, Black Sabbath and myself.

4 hours ago, Miser said:

Is there any chance we can do a Sopranos themed Mafia next?

Stay away from mafia.

10 hours ago, Conor said:

I really am asking for feedback before this starts. Any confusion please don't hesitate to ask. This is new to me as well. I'd also appreciate if people could let me know through a post or a like that they've read through the rules.

I dont know about the rest of europe but, portuguese people never reads the instruction manuals. We like to discover how it works by testing (and failing). Its more fun.

7 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

I dont know about the rest of europe but, portuguese people never reads the instruction manuals. We like to discover how it works by testing (and failing). Its more fun.

Just because you can't read doesn't mean you ignore the instructions on purpose.

Worry not, I'll manage to not break any rule. And if anyone say I did, I'll start a huge meltdown as usual.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:29 AM, John Bonham said:

I have been working on a "New Jersey" themed mafia game which features Miser, Broski, Black Sabbath and myself.

Don't forget our buddy Jon.