Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Guns N' Roses new album by decade's end

On 2017-04-03 at 9:20 AM, shadowofthewave said:

Axl still has music in the vault he can release. I doubt he'll write new lyrics (or even record new vocals), so if he records with this line up we'll be left with Slash and Duff reworking CD II tracks, and they'll butcher them just like Slash butchered the This I Love solo, and added that horrendous intro to Better.

Haha Slash and Duff butchering CD songs. 

The whole reason anyone listens tonGnR is because of what Slash and Duff contributed. 

I've never met anyone who listened to Chinese Democracy and said "wow!, what a great album. I think I'll check out the rest of their catalogue."

9 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

Haha Slash and Duff butchering CD songs. 

The whole reason anyone listens tonGnR is because of what Slash and Duff contributed. 

I've never met anyone who listened to Chinese Democracy and said "wow!, what a great album. I think I'll check out the rest of their catalogue."

The masses are idiots.

34 minutes ago, shadowofthewave said:

The masses are idiots.

But people with mediocre taste in music are even worse than them

That is why i laugh out loud when i hear someone trying to justify Axl and the wasted years

It was not worth the wait

If you are somebody who first heard CD as a "GNR album" then i feel sorry for you

41 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

There was no such thing as "the wasted years".

So the period between 1994 and 2008 (and to some extent until 2016) was not wasted? Did Axl released a follow up album to CD to justify his own version of GNR?

How many GNR albums were released between 1993 and 2016?

Did Axl not reunited with the cancer and the king of beers?

If you can't post something thoughtful, just blatant stupidity/low quality trolling, then stop posting altogether

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

So the period between 1994 and 2008 (and to some extent until 2016) was not wasted? Did Axl released a follow up album to CD to justify his own version of GNR?

How many GNR albums were released between 1993 and 2016?

Did Axl not reunited with the cancer and the king of beers?

If you can't post something thoughtful, just blatant stupidity/low quality trolling, then stop posting altogether

Wasted ... to who?

30 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Wasted ... to who?

come on man...

saying that GnR has no wasted years is like saying a square can fit into a circle.

no matter how hard you try, you cant  

we are now in the wasted years revisited.... 9 fucking years since any CD was released. 

this band... 

6 hours ago, shadowofthewave said:

The masses are idiots.

this guy....

i bet you're still waiting for CD to catch on right? 

because its a slow climber... people need time to realize its genius

A friend of mine had a t shirt with a guy who had his head up his ass.

the caption was "your problem is obvious"

10 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

come on man...

saying that GnR has no wasted years is like saying a square can fit into a circle.

no matter how hard you try, you cant  

we are now in the wasted years revisited.... 9 fucking years since any CD was released. 

this band... 

vSwSi.png

28 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

vSwSi.png

looks like you got me there.

then youre right, this band has no wasted time from 93 - 08 and 08 - present.

Maybe you feel you wasted your time waiting for something you wanted to happen. It doesnt mean they wasted anything.

2 hours ago, GUNNER said:

Maybe you feel you wasted your time waiting for something you wanted to happen. It doesnt mean they wasted anything.

No

thats not me. I don't wait hoping something will happen. 

If it does good, if not, I don't care

On 2017. 04. 15. at 5:01 PM, Haters Gonna Hate said:

I really hope the new album has the You're Crazy/Jungle remix from bridge school. Would love to hear a studio version of that.

but why? :lolzers:

On 13/04/2017 at 9:05 PM, GUNNER said:

Axl would be the first to admit he wasted many years of his carreer. He would use an Out Ta Get Me way to admit it but I think he would.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Axl would be the first to admit he wasted many years of his carreer. He would use an Out Ta Get Me way to admit it but I think he would.

Thats why he's working hard to recover the lost time, right?

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

Thats why he's working hard to recover the lost time, right?

Well, music-wise he's not been working very hard but since his comeback at Vegas he has been touring constantly and one could argue he was making up for all those years he was locked in a studio or his lawyers's office and that could be considered working to recover the wasted time. Since Buckethead's departure he went on tour in 06,07,09,10,11,12,13 and 14, considering only his solo band.

But my point was more about if Axl was asked about the pre-CD release era, he would agree there was a lot of wasted time. He would blame Slash, his past lives, life's happy ending and that stuff but I don't think he would say "yeah, those years were filled with excitment and moving forward", that's it.

The Illusions output seems to have wiped out 99% of Axl's creativity capabilities. 

It's a sad fact for those of us who love his music. 

He does seem to enjoy touring - probably because of the money it brings him - which is great for those who love to see live concerts. 

Who knows. Maybe someday Axl will decide to share his new material with his fans.  That's my dream as a fan. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

He does seem to enjoy touring - probably because of the money it brings him

This is a fallacy.

Let me remind you that artists start living from live shows since the internet killed the albums market.

A couple os decades ago artists used to tour "just" to promote their albums, because said albums were where they got the money from.

Now, the story is different. They get the money from live shows ... a new album is just an "excuse" to tour again.

If Axl were that money whore you are trying to make him look, we would have done lots of albums in their hey days.

8 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

This is a fallacy.

Let me remind you that artists start living from live shows since the internet killed the albums market.

A couple os decades ago artists used to tour "just" to promote their albums, because said albums were where they got the money from.

Now, the story is different. They get the money from live shows ... a new album is just an "excuse" to tour again.

If Axl were that money whore you are trying to make him look, we would have done lots of albums in their hey days.

In a normal band situation, your point would be somewhat relevant. 

But maybe you didnt follow Axl's career from 1987 through last month?

Gnr released five albums in a seven year period. At his peak, it was estimated that Axl had a net worth of 150 million dollars. 

Axl made that money through album sales and through money made touring. Artists have always made money via touring. You might not be aware of that. 

Anywhoo, GnR  essentially broke up in the mid-90s. So they couldn't release more albums. (Like you said they would have). Axl - with an estimated worth of 150 million dollars - didn't need to work. 

Axl basically disappeared for years at a time. 

Then slowly started showing up again. Put a new band together. Took over a decade and 13 million dollars into releasing a new album. 

Like you said, people stealing music off the internet did severely damage potential money made from album sales. Tho the big name artists still sell millions of copies and make millions of dollars. Heck, the record company was even able to score a 14 million dollar payday for Chinese Democracy from Best Buy. So there is still money to be made. 

After years of touring to crowds of 8,000 people - and crowd sizes getting smaller every year - Axl brings back Slash and Duff.

The one and only reason Axl begged those guys to come back is because of financial reasons. 

None of the big three could make this kind of money without each other. The difference is that Axl KEPT the GnR game and thought that all fans cared about was him. 

In the end, Axl finally realized that he - and GnR - needed Slash and Duff to be able to command big money. Glad that Axl finally realized that he needed Slash and Duff. With his massive ego, that was no doubt a huge pull to swallow. 

17 minutes ago, Apollo said:

In a normal band situation, your point would be somewhat relevant. 

But maybe you didnt follow Axl's career from 1987 through last month?

Gnr released five albums in a seven year period. At his peak, it was estimated that Axl had a net worth of 150 million dollars. 

Axl made that money through album sales and through money made touring. Artists have always made money via touring. You might not be aware of that. 

Anywhoo, GnR  essentially broke up in the mid-90s. So they couldn't release more albums. (Like you said they would have). Axl - with an estimated worth of 150 million dollars - didn't need to work. 

Axl basically disappeared for years at a time. 

Then slowly started showing up again. Put a new band together. Took over a decade and 13 million dollars into releasing a new album. 

Like you said, people stealing music off the internet did severely damage potential money made from album sales. Tho the big name artists still sell millions of copies and make millions of dollars. Heck, the record company was even able to score a 14 million dollar payday for Chinese Democracy from Best Buy. So there is still money to be made. 

After years of touring to crowds of 8,000 people - and crowd sizes getting smaller every year - Axl brings back Slash and Duff.

The one and only reason Axl begged those guys to come back is because of financial reasons. 

None of the big three could make this kind of money without each other. The difference is that Axl KEPT the GnR game and thought that all fans cared about was him. 

In the end, Axl finally realized that he - and GnR - needed Slash and Duff to be able to command big money. Glad that Axl finally realized that he needed Slash and Duff. With his massive ego, that was no doubt a huge pull to swallow. 

Ludicrous. Axl invited back Slash and Duff because the others left. If DJ/Bumble/Tommy hadn't quit there would have been no reunion.

If DJ/Bumble/Tommy hadn't quit there would have been no reunion.

But why were they quit?

Answer me, then we can talk about a "what would happen" scenario