Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Guns N' Roses new album by decade's end

15 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

"Rock the Rock" IS the album.

It's fitting for an era when our attention spans are shorter and shorter and where a poorly spelled tweet constitutes a "news story."

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. The new album came and went in the last days of 2018.

Now we have the next album to look forward to around 2029....it'll be a single sustained note for about 2 and a half seconds.

Maybe the next album will be 1 song on the new Terminator movie soundtrack.

2021 is the new 1991. 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, Donald Trump said:

It would be cooler if the album were released in 2020. 

Even the Beach Boys put out a new album every 6 years

Could GnR really blank an entire decade?

9 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Troothers would respond by informing you that GNR already released that shitty Vegas 3D blu ray with Captain Hamburger and the flying piano.

12 hours ago, John Bonham said:

With the reunion tour seems they will. Fortus said they haven’t started recording so CD II is collecting dust in a warehouse in Area 66. 

There is no need to rush things at this point. If they wait a little bit longer they can use Axl's original title (Pension Fund) for what became known as The Spaghetti Incident.

Why doesn’t Axl want to release new music?

Every member of his revolving door of musicians in GnR has wanted to. And how many have eventually left because they got tired of waiting?

How long will Duff and Slash stay before they get tired of being a nostalgic act? 

Hell at this point it wouldn’t be surprising to get another VR album before a GnR release. 

And what will Axl do if Slash leaves the band causing GnR to go back to playing weddings, celebrity birthdays and to small arena crowds in the 5-7,500 people range?

Lol, what makes you think Slash is going to leave the band? You think he has artistic integrity and cares if they release new songs? :lol:

If he was going to leave, it would've been when Axl added sorry to the setlist

Ever since then he's been Axl's pet. An obedient dog who does as he's told and never steps out of line. 

The problem with Axl is that he's completely insane, and totally unpredictable.

We've been fans for decades now, and we're certainly used to disappointment, but every now and then the crazy fucker just does weird shit with no explanation.

He joined AC/DC!! 

After not making any "guest appearances" since, when, Gilby Clarke's club show in 1999, he decided to sing with Billy Joel.

After not recording a single note of new music since Sebastian Bach's cockrock album in 2006 or so, he finally debuts news vocals in a fucking Loony Tunes cartoon.

He's a madman.  I would have said the one thing we can surely count on is never ever hearing new music, but seeing as how he's so unpredictable, even that isn't a certainty.

He apparently spends money like an asshole, but surely he has enough to live the remaining years of his life in opulent luxury without ever being seen in public again.   If he decided to just disappear and never be seen from or heard from again, it wouldn't surprise me.

But then if he announced he was gonna do a 20 show tour as the new singer of Soundgarden, that wouldn't surprise me either.

I think the only thing that would genuinely surprise me (like the Reunion did) would be a new album, EP, or even ONE fucking new song actually released under the name Guns N' Roses.

After all, Axl has integrity.  If there's one thing he stands for, it's telling THE MAN to FUCK OFF, and never ever ever selling out.

ZL8IYWz.jpg

L8XB.gif

11 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

The problem with Axl is that he's completely insane, and totally unpredictable.

We've been fans for decades now, and we're certainly used to disappointment, but every now and then the crazy fucker just does weird shit with no explanation.

He joined AC/DC!! 

After not making any "guest appearances" since, when, Gilby Clarke's club show in 1999, he decided to sing with Billy Joel.

After not recording a single note of new music since Sebastian Bach's cockrock album in 2006 or so, he finally debuts news vocals in a fucking Loony Tunes cartoon.

He's a madman.  I would have said the one thing we can surely count on is never ever hearing new music, but seeing as how he's so unpredictable, even that isn't a certainty.

He apparently spends money like an asshole, but surely he has enough to live the remaining years of his life in opulent luxury without ever being seen in public again.   If he decided to just disappear and never be seen from or heard from again, it wouldn't surprise me.

But then if he announced he was gonna do a 20 show tour as the new singer of Soundgarden, that wouldn't surprise me either.

I think the only thing that would genuinely surprise me (like the Reunion did) would be a new album, EP, or even ONE fucking new song actually released under the name Guns N' Roses.

After all, Axl has integrity.  If there's one thing he stands for, it's telling THE MAN to FUCK OFF, and never ever ever selling out.

ZL8IYWz.jpg

L8XB.gif

Great post. 

You could have also added screenshots of when Axl played a wedding....or a birthday party for a c-level celebrity. 

I think Axl’s comment at the last show about the band needing to “get through this first” was a huge clue. 

He isnt a moron and knows knows fans want new music. And he knows he has to desperately keep Slash in the band or GnR is effectively dead. Or at least back to playing weddings to make payroll. 

I would bet Axl basically said “if we can get through this tour without fighting, and we are all still friendly and onboard - then we can start talking about new music.”

well fhe two years of touring just ended. The box set sold well. The shows went without a glitch and made everyone tens of millions. 

It does make some sense. Axl probably didn’t want another clusterfuck of the band creating a bunch of songs...then fighting and slash/Duff leaving.....and now Axl had 8 more songs to add to his library, which is filled with songs that have multiple different peoooe playing on them. Fans already want CD2 and won’t shut up about it. Imagine the uproar if Axl then sat on new Slash/Duff songs for the next decade. 

Now they can start working on new music. 

6 hours ago, I_Are_ess said:

There's no insiders anymore. 

Warchild murdered them in their sleep 

Yea.
But it is funny to look back at all the insiders now and see that nobody actually had inside information. Just people making informed guesses. Nothing ever actually came to fruition...and the response always is "well, Axl changed his mind."  I don't just mean people recently, that's been the case for a decade on the forums. Axl changed his mind, plans change, etc.

And now there is zero talk from all these insiders.

7 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Yea.
But it is funny to look back at all the insiders now and see that nobody actually had inside information. Just people making informed guesses. Nothing ever actually came to fruition...and the response always is "well, Axl changed his mind."  I don't just mean people recently, that's been the case for a decade on the forums. Axl changed his mind, plans change, etc.

And now there is zero talk from all these insiders.

I think Axl waits until nobody cares at all until he makes his move. There’s a BB King song called I Never Make My Move Too Soon that plays on his clock radio every morning.