Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Guns N' Roses new album by decade's end

1 hour ago, shadowofthewave said:

Ludicrous. Axl invited back Slash and Duff because the others left. If DJ/Bumble/Tommy hadn't quit there would have been no reunion.

Lol. Really?

yet somehow DJ and Bumble - as well as other people in the GnR circle knew about the reunion two years ago. 

(My bad if you were being sarcastic.)

9 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol. Really?

yet somehow DJ and Bumble - as well as other people in the GnR circle knew about the reunion two years ago. 

(My bad if you were being sarcastic.)

There's Apollo with his Deep State insider stuff again. What was recording Chi Dem like?

38 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

:rofl-lol:

It's more sad than funny, to be honest. 

I 100% thought that Axl was going to bring GnR back to being an A level band. With Bucket and Robin onboard, I predicted GnR would release several classic albums.  

But alas - it fell apart. Axl released one album in 17 years. Axl turned GnR jnto a revolving door or musicians - ending up with DJ Ashba. 

Playing weddings. Bowling alleys. Showing up to tours being fat and out of shape. 

What would a Chinese Democracy Round 6 tour have drawn for GnR? In the US, that tour averages 7,000 people a show. 

Axl had to do something to breath life back into GnR. He wasn't willing to do it on "his own" and do it with a new album. So instead --- he begged Slash and Duff to return. 

Tl/dr

Axl's GnR in 2017 - playing to 7,500 people a night. 

Axl/Slash/Duff GnR in 2017 - playing to 50,000 people a night. 

Gunner - do the math, bruh. 

9 minutes ago, Miser said:

There's Apollo with his Deep State insider stuff again. What was recording Chi Dem like?

There is Miser bringing up stuff that nobody actually said. Again. 

Now im realizing why you are considered one of the worst posters in the GnR forum world. Do you ever wonder why you have been banned multiple times from multiple forums?

Shadow was actually doing what you implied. I pointed out the FACT that people actually said they knew about the reunion. 

You are really having a hard time this week understanding the difference between facts and opinions. 

11 minutes ago, Miser said:

Maybe you missed some parts about this whole reunion stuff

Me too, but i took the time to read back the articles, posts etc.

BBF knew about the reunion back in 2014, so things were in motion

DJ eventually quit because of the reunion

Stinson wanted to quit back in 2010. After the Replacement reuninted, he basically ditched GNR. 

11 minutes ago, Miser said:

Now im realizing why you are considered one of the worst posters in the GnR forum world. 

Shadow was actually doing what you implied. I pointed out the FACT that people actually said they knew about the reunion. 

You are really having a hard time this week understanding the difference between facts and opinions. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Now im realizing why you are considered one of the worst posters in the GnR forum world. 

It's called sarcasm. You won't leave me alone even though I asked to agree to disagree, so I'm gonna be sarcastic. 

The UYIs were the biggest selling albums in the history of mankind. Fuck Thriller man, UYIs DUUUUDE! Long live Dizzy Reed :)

6 minutes ago, Miser said:

It's called sarcasm. You won't leave me alone even though I asked to agree to disagree, so I'm gonna be sarcastic. 

The UYIs were the biggest selling albums in the history of mankind. Fuck Thriller man, UYIs DUUUUDE! Long live Dizzy Reed :)

Ok, fruitcake. 

Im going to watch the NBA playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Maybe you missed some parts about this whole reunion stuff

Me too, but i took the time to read back the articles, posts etc.

BBF knew about the reunion back in 2014, so things were in motion

DJ eventually quit because of the reunion

Stinson wanted to quit back in 2010. After the Replacement reuninted, he basically ditched GNR. 

Myles Kennedy said he knew about the reunion during the recording of World on Fire. 

17 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

Myles Kennedy said he knew about the reunion during the recording of World on Fire. 

That was in 2014, right?

Miser is hilarious

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

It's more sad than funny, to be honest. 

I 100% thought that Axl was going to bring GnR back to being an A level band. With Bucket and Robin onboard, I predicted GnR would release several classic albums.  

But alas - it fell apart. Axl released one album in 17 years. Axl turned GnR jnto a revolving door or musicians - ending up with DJ Ashba. 

Playing weddings. Bowling alleys. Showing up to tours being fat and out of shape. 

What would a Chinese Democracy Round 6 tour have drawn for GnR? In the US, that tour averages 7,000 people a show. 

Axl had to do something to breath life back into GnR. He wasn't willing to do it on "his own" and do it with a new album. So instead --- he begged Slash and Duff to return. 

Tl/dr

Gunner - do the math, bruh. 

I know the math, and you are wrong.

Its not honest talking about the couple of private shows they did if you want to do the real math.

Go look at the numbers, nuGnR did many more shows than the classic lineup.

I was in a GnR show in 2006 with 60000 people and in 2010 with 20000 people. This was just in a shit little country like Portugal.

11 hours ago, shadowofthewave said:

Axl invited back Slash and Duff because the others left. If DJ/Bumble/Tommy hadn't quit there would have been no reunion.

:lol:

3 hours ago, GUNNER said:

I know the math, and you are wrong.

Its not honest talking about the couple of private shows they did if you want to do the real math.

Go look at the numbers, nuGnR did many more shows than the classic lineup.

I was in a GnR show in 2006 with 60000 people and in 2010 with 20000 people. This was just in a shit little country like Portugal.

Gunner, this is the math:

And Apollo is right, you can't ignore these numbers.

You use Portugal as an example for many things... Life quality, equality, audience sizes, the way you play sports, etc. but there's a whole entire world outside your country.

Truth is without Europe and South America big shows, Axl was doing "Up Close and Personal" club shows and Vegas Residencies.

And what's your point by mentioning a festival? Axl's show in 2006 was part of Rock in Rio Lisbon. It's not honest talking about festivals if you want to do the real math.

Gunner. 

Do you think that a GnR tour in 2017 - without Slash and Duff - would do the same numbers as this current lineup?

If so.....how come? Even in your example they went from 60,000 down to 20,000. 

I saw GnR a few years ago. There was maybe 8,000 people. Last year they came through again and played to 40,000.  

Why was that?

I'm not sure which is the more ridiculous statement. Miser saying that the Illusions were flops that nobody remembers. Or Gunner saying that Slash/Duff returning has nothing to do with GnR's touring numbers increasing by 500%. 

It's mind boggling that people actually think this way. 

Yeah, the concert in São Paulo in 2010 had more than 40 thousand people, but in 2014 I think there were less than 30 thousand. Imagine 2017 with that same line-up? When in fact when they returned last year with Slash and Duff they packed 55k on a venue as big as when they played São Paulo in '92.

Ok, why am I even wasting my time? This is the dumbest discussion ever.

32 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

>getting baited into gunner arguments

and maynard calls me the idiot

It's fun. When you make GUNNER mad he will write the craziest posts here. He will bring up junkies, traitors, commanders, lapdogs, walls, his so badly-hidden love for Axl... I enjoy it.

5 hours ago, maynard said:

Gunner, this is the math:

You are doing math with imaginary numbers.

Didnt happen.

Like they did in the Troubador

You use Portugal as an example for many things... Life quality, equality, audience sizes, the way you play sports, etc. but there's a whole entire world outside your country.

Portugal is great.

The point is, if they could act for 60000 people in a 10 million people country, just imagine a big country.

Truth is without Europe and South America big shows, Axl was doing "Up Close and Personal" club shows and Vegas Residencies.

And the Troubador.

And what's your point by mentioning a festival? Axl's show in 2006 was part of Rock in Rio Lisbon. It's not honest talking about festivals if you want to do the real math.

It was a show like Coachella or any other.

You know jack shit about math.

40 minutes ago, maynard said:

It's fun. When you make GUNNER mad he will write the craziest posts here. He will bring up junkies, traitors, commanders, lapdogs, walls, his so badly-hidden love for Axl... I enjoy it.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

You are doing math with imaginary numbers.

And you mentioned a show that was part of a festival. Those numbers are as valuable as this projected number.

9 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Like they did in the Troubador

Troubador was a free surprise show to generate buzz.

Portugal is great.

I know but each country is different. You can't expect every other country to function as Portugal as you always do.

The point is, if they could act for 60000 people in a 10 million people country, just imagine a big country.

Well, in a big country they were playing in clubs and doing residencies. In Brazil they attracted huge crowds but Brazil doesn't count. Even Def Leppard fills stadiums here.

And the Troubador.

It's pointless to mention a free, surprise show which its solely intent was to generate buzz. Very different from being paid to play in a wedding. You just can't compare NuGNR and the shows that marks Slash's return. It's not even fair to Axl's band.

It was a show like Coachella or any other.

Coachella is a festival. Slash and Myles Kennedy played to thousands of people at Rock Am Ring and other festivals. I still don't say SMKC attracts huge stadium crowds. Festivals =/= Solo Shows.

Your logic is so flawed I feel kinda bad for pointing out how wrong you are so easily.

The numbers doesnt care if it is a festival or not, if it is portugal or brazil.

They didnt won 1 cent for the troubador show? Thanks for helping me prove my point. Axl + Ashba playing weddings were more valuable than the Slash shit reunion playing the troubador.

Fck ... not even 1 cent :lol: