Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Guns N' Roses new album by decade's end

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Axl isn't your typical musician. I don't think he likes writing music anymore. 

 

 

Axl signed a deal with the Devil. 

That deal has expired and Satans revenge is Mickey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shadowofthewave said:

Axl has to release CD II to secure his legacy, and release it properly, with Finck and Stinson if possible. I doubt he's going to write new songs and anything with Slash and Duff will be embarrassing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slash and Duff are no doubt trying to convince Axl into releasing music. 

 

Sadly this regrouping tour might have killed our chances to ever hear new material from Axl. 

 

Going from selling 8,000 tickets a night to 50,000 and adding 50-100 million dollars to his bank account now means that Axl doesn't have to fight at all to stay relevant. He doesn't need a killer new album to boost concert sales, fill his bank account, or "show" his vision of what gnr means to him. 

 

This tour was about money. Pure and simple. Axl always takes the easy way out. Always has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Slash and Duff are no doubt trying to convince Axl into releasing music. 

 

Sadly this regrouping tour might have killed our chances to ever hear new material from Axl. 

 

Going from selling 8,000 tickets a night to 50,000 and adding 50-100 million dollars to his bank account now means that Axl doesn't have to fight at all to stay relevant. He doesn't need a killer new album to boost concert sales, fill his bank account, or "show" his vision of what gnr means to him. 

 

This tour was about money. Pure and simple. Axl always takes the easy way out. Always has. 

 

Axl still has music in the vault he can release. I doubt he'll write new lyrics (or even record new vocals), so if he records with this line up we'll be left with Slash and Duff reworking CD II tracks, and they'll butcher them just like Slash butchered the This I Love solo, and added that horrendous intro to Better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, shadowofthewave said:

 

Axl still has music in the vault he can release. I doubt he'll write new lyrics (or even record new vocals), so if he records with this line up we'll be left with Slash and Duff reworking CD II tracks, and they'll butcher them just like Slash butchered the This I Love solo, and added that horrendous intro to Better.

How can you butcher something when the original is pure crap anyway?

 

Btw that "horrendous" intro was part of the original song

 

 

axl/cd fans=:lolzers::ahole:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Axl isn't your typical musician. I don't think he likes writing music anymore. 

 

 

 

I think he needs everybody to tell him that his music is awesome or something before he is comfortable enough to release it.  

 

He either hasn't actually cared about releasing music the last decade or two, or he is incredibly insecure about his artistic abilities and dreads having to show people the final product. There was always talk like people get in the way of him releasing music, blah blah blah, label rejects the album. I'm sure there is SOME truth to the label turning down albums at certain points, or wanting something different, but I can't see how that would be the cause of only being able to release 1 album in what has now been almost two decades since NUGNR actually started recording in the late 90s. 

 

I would feel comfortable betting maybe 5, 10 bucks max that we'll hear a new song before 2020. They are going to want to cash in on a greatest hits album, or an AFD re-release which both present opportunities to include something as a bonus track and single. I don't think we hear a new album. If we hear a new Axl album, it'll be him singing with AC/DC where he is comfortable enough to just shut up and sing (about fat chicks) without feeling the pressure to live up to the original GNR material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

How can you butcher something when the original is pure crap anyway?

 

Btw that "horrendous" intro was part of the original song

 

 

axl/cd fans=:lolzers::ahole:

 

Good thing it was clipped off then. Too bad Slash has so much pride he felt the need to add it back on to make it his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking everything we know into consideration, it's counter productive to expect this band to not be commercial or Axl to be prolific all of a sudden, but a mistake to think it's confirmed no Guns music will ever be released again. I think what Axl said was a good indication of what he wants to do, what he'll try to do when this tour is over.

 

The simple truth is they had to tour. And Axl was planning on touring even without Slash and Duff according to Tommy. No other way to make more money.

 

Doesn't mean Axl is not interested in writing and releasing another album, but money is the main priority as long as they're touring and Axl probably knows by now he has to go through a long and slow process of putting a Guns album together. Nothing can change his process.

 

And as far as still having the drive to create and release, I think the fact Slash was gone held Axl back a lot and he was probably more limited when it came to always having a Gn'R anchor to fall back on.

 

Maybe Slash and Duff will be enough for Axl to do it. The catalog is tiny and he seems to actually believe in this line up and it's creative abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rovim said:

We'll get something new or something old. Definitely something blue.

And Something borrowed for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 0:17 PM, Budd Dwyer said:

How can you butcher something when the original is pure crap anyway?

 

Btw that "horrendous" intro was part of the original song

 

 

axl/cd fans=:lolzers::ahole:

It was? Where did you hear this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...