Sign in to follow this  
jackie moon

Jackie Moon Presents: The Staircase

Anybody here see the doc The Staircase?

I watched it in may of last year and i still think about it. fascinating, about 8 hours, i put it on the level of The Jinx (also amazing - best ending in TV history)

Let me know if anybody has seen it, i would like to talk thoughts on the outcome... if not, watch it and come back to me.

I'm giving this the jackie guarantee, if you watch it and don't like it, you can pee all over me. And if you watch it and like it, you can pee all over me.

no, but i suggest torrent. it's worth it.

I realize i've not made much of a case for watching it, so i'll put some effort in here.

I highly recommend you just take my word on this & the headline below, download without knowing much about it, that's how i did it, I had heard it was good so I took a chance and within 10 minutes I was entirely hooked.

If you need more info, here is an article i edited down to remove serious spoilers, just enough to give you a synopsis.

The Staircase: The Greatest True Crime Documentary You’ve Never Seen

You just found your new true crime obsession.

By Jessica Ferri August 24, 2016

We’re in the midst of a true-crime resurgence on television. And with the advent of streaming services, you can binge-watch some of the most fascinating cases of the criminal justice system until your dark heart is satisfied.

But before HBO peered into the strange world of Robert Durst or Netflix explored the life of Steven Avery, there was The Staircase—an investigative series about a man named Michael Peterson who was suspected of murdering his wife Kathleen in their North Carolina home.

The Staircase pre-dated the binge-watch model when it premiered on the Sundance channel in 2005. (Netflix didn’t start streaming content until 2007.) For this reason, The Staircase may be the greatest true crime documentary that you’ve never seen—until now.

At the center of The Staircase is the mysterious death of Kathleen Peterson. Kathleen was a successful woman, the head of a multinational communications company. With her husband Michael, a novelist, the two were a power couple, living in a beautiful home in an affluent enclave of Durham, North Carolina. But all that changed on the night of December 9, 2001.

the-staircase-documentary-michael-kathle

Peterson claimed he and his wife were outside by the pool, enjoying the evening. Kathleen then went inside alone, Michael followed soon thereafter. When he entered the house he found Kathleen bathed in blood and barely breathing at the foot of the stairs. As he called 9-1-1, he said she died in his arms.

the-staircase-documentary-michael-peters

Unlike the circumstances of Making a Murderer, Michael Peterson’s fate unfolds in real-time as you watch The Staircase. The series begins soon after Kathleen’s death, as Peterson takes the crew on a tour of the house, explaining how he found her. We hear from Michael’s four children—all of whom claim he was devoted to Kathleen and would never have harmed her. We see the intense preparation required to mount a substantial defense. Unlike the family of Steven Avery, Michael Peterson is a relatively wealthy man. At one point, he even tells his brother, if he didn’t have the funds for a defense team, he would undoubtedly be convicted.

The Staircase presents the prosecution’s side as well, interviewing the District Attorney and his staff on their conviction that Michael Peterson is guilty. Then there’s the horrible footage taken on the night Kathleen died. Even after her body is removed, the defense team preserves the scene for research, bringing in expert analysts to assess the blood on the walls as Michael Peterson and his family discuss the case in the other room. The effect is surreal—Peterson’s life is on the line, and here he is, weighing his chances over lunch.

The many twists and turns in this case make for incredibly compelling television. And after you finish all eight original episodes of The Staircase, you’ll be hungry for The Staircase II: The Last Chance, a satisfying 2-hour follow-up available on most streaming platforms as episodes 9 and 10.

You won’t believe some of the theories that have surfaced in the wake of the trial. Don’t worry, we won’t spoil it for you. Let’s just say, you can’t make this stuff up. And that’s exactly why The Staircase is so good.

10 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Is it a real doc and not a fake piece of shit like the Steve Avery one was?

yes, the Steven Avery one pissed me off, he was a piece of shit and probably killed that girl. The only tragedy there was the nephew who got caught up in it.

I was going to make this post but didn't - making a murder was the sensation The Staircase should have been - it's better on every level. The suspect is an intellectual. The case is mysterious.

Making a murderer was not that mysterious - (imo) he killed that woman and the police, knowing he was a piece of shit, made moves to try to ensure he would go away forever. That, along with the nephew being intellectually disabled, muddied the water enough to make for a compelling documentary.

when people tell me they loved making a murder i just shake my head and demand they watch The Jinx and The Staircase. Morons.

39 minutes ago, jackie moon said:

How about this - this doc is so good, if you don't watch it, I'll leave the forum forever. and it's YOUR fault.

We don't want you to leave. 

How about this deal instead. $17 for every grade level under an A that I rate it. 

A - you give me zero. 

B - you give me $17

C - you give me $34

D - you give me $51

E - you give me $68

17 minutes ago, Apollo said:

We don't want you to leave. 

How about this deal instead. $17 for every grade level under an A that I rate it. 

A - you give me zero. 

B - you give me $17

C - you give me $34

D - you give me $51

E - you give me $68

i'll pay a lot of guys for a lot of things, we all know that, but I won't pay a guy to watch something online. if a guy watches something online and i'm involved, chances are i'm getting paid.

19 hours ago, jackie moon said:

i'll pay a lot of guys for a lot of things, we all know that, but I won't pay a guy to watch something online. if a guy watches something online and i'm involved, chances are i'm getting paid.

that was funny, fuck you guys.

Has anybody watched this? Please get back to me. I'm telling you - this will contribute to your life experience. On your deathbed you will not be thinking "oh i wish i had the second week of April 2017 back, i should have listened to wise Jackie, pretty dicked, excellent kisser" - you'll be thinking "oh fuck i'm about to die, there is no god and everything is about to go black", and that's accurate, but if you had the opportunity to return to and focus on the second week of April 2017 you would think "i'm really glad i had the experience of watching The Staircase, it was a fantastic documentary and i feel like a more complete person for having seen it"

I'm not bullshitting you, I know the above situations are ridiculous, but if they occurred, that is how it would go. I will put my butthole on the line. I'm wrong - come and get it.

Please take down this copy of a story from The Lineup. We've been flagged by Google for having duplicated copy on our site, but this is our original story: http://the-line-up.com/the-staircase-documentary

Hey guys, this thread was "reported" by a guest... any insight into what is going on here?

Thanks,

JB

1 minute ago, John Bonham said:

Hey guys, this thread was "reported" by a guest... any insight into what is going on here?

Thanks,

JB

I think JM strategically orchestrated this whole thing back in April.

Spoiler

but seriously, what happened?

On 14/12/2017 at 10:19 PM, John Bonham said:

Thanks,

JB

wtf! 

The subject of The Staircase was released last year, after about a decade in prison. 

I don't think he did it... has anybody watched it? If not, you're fucking dead to me. 

I am watching this now. I just finished the first episode and can't wait to continue. The family dynamic is strange and it was interesting how the put it out on the whiteboard. I'm tempted to Google this case but I won't.

True Crime is so awesome. 

As for Steven Avery, piece of shit or not, they never found the body as I recall and I believe you need that to convict @jackie moon.

If Making a Murderer taught us anything, it should of been how much a shithole Wisconsin is. Trust me I lived there for four years. 

On 1/3/2018 at 6:32 PM, jackie moon said:

wtf! 

The subject of The Staircase was released last year, after about a decade in prison. 

I don't think he did it... has anybody watched it? If not, you're fucking dead to me. 

I finally watched it. Fucking owls