Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

Your favorite artists and artwork

Oh, and just for the hell of it, here's some more Hisashi Eguchi.  I am always in awe of his stuff.  He just draws everything so clean, without a single line wasted.  He reminds of me Roy Lichenstein and Patrick Nagel but with better composition, and much much cuter girls.  I love his shit.

kDH8L5Z.jpg

DIp243g.jpg

UCnGDQi.jpg

Uj5k3uG.jpg

Edited by EstrangedTWAT

Oh, OK, one more since I'm on a roll.

I also love Alphons Mucha, mostly for his gorgeous art nouveau work, but last year I got to see his "serious" work, the Slav Epic, a series of 20 huuugee canvases depicting the history of the Slavic people in Europe.

It's not really my thing, cause it doesn't have the elegant, intricate beauty of his other stuff, but the canvases are really big.  An old art trick is just to make stuff big.  Even if it's not great, it looks impressive, cause of the scale of it.

Here's the first painting of the 20....I do like the blues and the feeling that invokes.

Alfons-Mucha-The-Slav-Epic-1912-%C2%A9Pr

Of course, this little jpg doesn't do it justice.  It's really a hell of a sight to see it in front of you.

24 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I like the color contrast. 

Reminds me sweating my ass off playing pool with the boys. Bars can get hot.

Exactly 

Well guys.  I did it.  I went to Baltimore Comic Con and it was fucking insane the amount of living legends that were in that room.  I saw Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams and Walt and Louise Simonson, and Mike Zeck and Kevin Maguire and many many many more.

I got a Wolverine print signed by Art Adams.

I got a print signed by Simon THE BIZ Bisley.

I got a paperback signed by Garth Ennis.

I got an original Blackhawk sketch by Howard Chaykin.

I got my copy of Elektra Lives Again and Dark Knight 1-4 (all 1st print) signed in person by FRANK FUCKING MILLER.

I had a goddamn nerdgasm.  For a fan of 80s/90s comics, this was goddamn fucking insane.  Pics coming soon, but I don't know when, cause I lost my phone at the TSA screening at the Baltimore airport.

PS.....I shook hands with Sherlyn Fenn....Audrey Horne from "Twin Peaks."

Here they are.....the crown jewels of my collection:  Dark Knight (1986) 1-4 1st Print signed by Frank Miller.

YCVf3T3.jpg

And Elektra Lives Again hardcover, 1st print, title page signed by Frank Miller.

5mVAs8D.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to see the latest exhibit by Hisashi Eguchi.

I was lucky enough to meet him for two seconds last summer and get his autograph.....tomorrow I'll be attending a lecture.   I feel a bit guilty since my Japanese is so shit I'm only gonna understand a fraction of it, and I "won" my place in the audience by lottery.  So that means some Japanese guy didn't get to be there.  But you know what they say!!  Fuck em!!

I know I'm greedy, but I'm hoping to get him to sign something else for me.

LFYhPAP.jpg

2TG9WcB.jpg

yEBV22k.jpg

gbsX28R.jpg

XC9RALh.jpg

bhLln5Z.jpg

Q8yz7H0.jpg