Budd Dwyer

Phil Rudd wonders how long Angus Young will be able to tolerate Axl's GN'R touring commitments.

Drummer Phil Rudd Reacts to Axl Rose Singing for AC/DC: I Was Surprised

If he doesn't talk out of his ass, then there are definitely more plans with Axl and AC/DC. Also there is a possibility of Angus join them on stage again, imho

http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/phil-rudd-talks-axl-dc-legal-troubles-and-his-new-lease-of-life-647718

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/drummer_phil_rudd_reacts_to_axl_rose_singing_for_acdc_i_was_surprised.html

A hell of a lot has changed in AC/DC since your last show with the band - Malcolm, Brian and Cliff have all departed the band, as well as yourself, of course. Have you had any contact with the band in that time?

“I’ve spoken to a couple of the guys. I can’t say what’s on the horizon for AC/DC, I can’t really say. That’s not my thing to say. I have seen, though, that Guns N’ Roses are playing over here in Wellington soon and they have a big tour all over the world. I wonder whether Angus will be happy to see Guns N’ Roses going out on a big tour which means that AC/DC can’t go out on tour. We will see. You’d need a crystal ball to know what’s going to happen there.”

Have you seen any clips of the band with Axl?

“I watched some clips the other day of Axl singing with the boys. I was surprised; it wasn’t too bad. I was quite surprised, I thought he did quite well and that’s not an easy gig, mate, it’s not an easy gig at all. AC/DC is a tough gig for everyone in the band. I saw Angus jamming with Guns N’ Roses as well. Apart from watching those clips though I don’t know what’s going to happen or what’s going on with the band.”

Edited by Budd Dwyer

I think Axl is so lazy he'll end up choosing ACDC over GNR soon. The songs are very easy for him to sing, Angus runs the show and he hasn't sung the songs 5000 times. It's a matter of time before Axl leaves GNR and gets replaced by Myles Kennedy.

9 hours ago, maynard said:

I think Axl is so lazy he'll end up choosing ACDC over GNR soon. The songs are very easy for him to sing, Angus runs the show and he hasn't sung the songs 5000 times. It's a matter of time before Axl leaves GNR and gets replaced by Myles Kennedy.

:lol:

36 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

I miss VR. I don't know if they could adequately replace Scott though. He was pretty fucking awesome. 

Please don't bring in Myles....

Josh Todd could replace Scott and do justice to some GNR songs.

11 hours ago, maynard said:

Don't be such a twatcake.  Phil may be a dumbass, but he's right: those songs are hard to sing for anyone.  Axl can pull it off, but not many can in the same manner he does.  Oh sure, there are lots of Cinderalla and Ratt type singers, but Axl's not one of them.  You have this narrative of AC/DC being sooooo easy to sing, but in reality, it's not.  It might be in a different range that he can handle, but like you yourself said, the GnR songs are different and he can't rasp those ones up like when he was young.  

If you actually watched any of the videos, he's giving it maximum effort on those AC/DC songs.  They require a lot of power, regardless of your jokey attitude about them.  

13 hours ago, maynard said:

I think we all gain more if he would just do that. Especially if they (GNR) have no intentions to make new music again. 

Lool Myles Kennedy, if Axl choosing ACDC, then GNR is done. Maybe it would be better

Hell, AC/DC songs suits him more than his own songs for fuck's sake

I don't really care about VR or Myles, though. 

Edited by Budd Dwyer

12 hours ago, altered beast said:

Don't be such a twatcake.  Phil may be a dumbass, but he's right: those songs are hard to sing for anyone.  Axl can pull it off, but not many can in the same manner he does.  Oh sure, there are lots of Cinderalla and Ratt type singers, but Axl's not one of them.  You have this narrative of AC/DC being sooooo easy to sing, but in reality, it's not.  It might be in a different range that he can handle, but like you yourself said, the GnR songs are different and he can't rasp those ones up like when he was young.  

If you actually watched any of the videos, he's giving it maximum effort on those AC/DC songs.  They require a lot of power, regardless of your jokey attitude about them.  

I said the songs are very easy for him to sing. Didn't say they were easy per se. Read my post again. They fit Axl's range better than his own songs as of now, I agree.

I watched many AXL/DC videos and I hear him screaming effortlessly on most of them, then there are some songs he can't use rasp and brings Mickey, no effort there. Axl's raspy scream is something he always brought to GNR too, his mid-range is gone and luckily for him, ACDC doesn't require that voice as much as GNR. If you still disagree with me I don't know what to tell you anymore.

19 hours ago, maynard said:

I said the songs are very easy for him to sing. Didn't say they were easy per se. Read my post again. They fit Axl's range better than his own songs as of now, I agree.

I watched many AXL/DC videos and I hear him screaming effortlessly on most of them, then there are some songs he can't use rasp and brings Mickey, no effort there. Axl's raspy scream is something he always brought to GNR too, his mid-range is gone and luckily for him, ACDC doesn't require that voice as much as GNR. If you still disagree with me I don't know what to tell you anymore.

Apart from Dirty Deeds and Touch Too Much (which was played twice) and maybe TNT, he nails every fuking song. There are a lot AC/DC songs that requires a certain mid-range voice too (RNR Damnation, certain parts of High Voltage, Hell Ain't a bad place to be, Sin City, Shot Down in Flames and TNT. Even on those songs and parts, he brings some more effort. With GNR you can't really have that effort. That is the problem, and that is why most of us laughs about you, when you still bring up this bullshit

Edited by Budd Dwyer

yawn.

Be sure of one thing. Axl puts more effort in singing Coma than the whole ACDC catalogue. ACDC is piece of cake for him and he sure loves cake!

So he uses rasp in some mid-range songs with ACDC? Well, fuck me, he does the same in GNR. WTTJ, Nightrain, MM, Don't Cry, Patience.... they all feature 10 seconds of mid-range rasp from Axl! Big fucking deal.

Axl Mickeying, in smaller dosis, with ACDC seems to be ignored here too often so you can praise his ACDC performances and complain about cuck reunion. But it's there, on video, Axl goes Mickey when he can't bring the rasp. Both on GNR and ACDC.

As for the effort thing. It seems like he's trying really hard with ACDC right? I'll tell you something, those songs are a walk in the park for him to do. Be sure of that. Or he wouldn't have taken the job. And Angus certainly wouldn't hire Mickey Mouse.

Of course he's lazy and looks bored in GNR, I won't deny that. You just overrate this 'effort' thing too much. From the videos I saw Axl basically does the same dances, doesn't run anymore, goes to a dark corner during solos, cracks a joke here and there #goodmood, etc... In both bands. He's a shadow of his former self on both bands, at least to my eyes. #camerasdontcapturetheeffort

Like I've said before, the constant yelling bores me so AC/DC is not for me and I'd attend a GNR concert instead any day of the week. Slash is much more interesting than Angus for me. I'd get Mickey on vocals but at least I'd enjoy the songs. Really sorry if this way of thinking offends you guys, I'm trying to explain my point of view which is kinda complicated but maybe on the 245345th attemp you'll be convinced.

10 minutes ago, maynard said:

yawn.

Be sure of one thing. Axl puts more effort in singing Coma than the whole ACDC catalogue. ACDC is piece of cake for him and he sure loves cake!

So he uses rasp in some mid-range songs with ACDC? Well, fuck me, he does the same in GNR. WTTJ, Nightrain, MM, Don't Cry, Patience.... they all feature 10 seconds of mid-range rasp from Axl! Big fucking deal.

Axl Mickeying, in smaller dosis, with ACDC seems to be ignored here too often so you can praise his ACDC performances and complain about cuck reunion. But it's there, on video, Axl goes Mickey when he can't bring the rasp. Both on GNR and ACDC.

As for the effort thing. It seems like he's trying really hard with ACDC right? I'll tell you something, those songs are a walk in the park for him to do. Be sure of that. Or he wouldn't have taken the job. And Angus certainly wouldn't hire Mickey Mouse.

Of course he's lazy and looks bored in GNR, I won't deny that. You just overrate this 'effort' thing too much. From the videos I saw Axl basically does the same dances, doesn't run anymore, goes to a dark corner during solos, cracks a joke here and there #goodmood, etc... In both bands. He's a shadow of his former self on both bands, at least to my eyes. #camerasdontcapturetheeffort

Like I've said before, the constant yelling bores me so AC/DC is not for me and I'd attend a GNR concert instead any day of the week. Slash is much more interesting than Angus for me. I'd get Mickey on vocals but at least I'd enjoy the songs. Really sorry if this way of thinking offends you guys, I'm trying to explain my point of view which is kinda complicated but maybe on the 245345th attemp you'll be convinced.

Nobody ignoring anything. In fact i've already pointed out the mickeyish parts in 3 songs (one of them performed 2 fucking times in total)

Using his rasp seems a pretty hard effort to me. Even back then in the 90's. The fuck are you on about? AC/DC songs needs tremendous ammount of effort, or very demanding for his vocal chords, so to speak

It doesn't ring a bell to you that nobody believes your bullshit here? (or anywhere for that matter)

Dancing requires almost zero effort. Running along and singing requires more. He even struggled some easier songs in the 90's because of the running. Of fuking course he is a shadow of his former self in GNR. But with AC/DC, he is giving 110% to the shows. (despite the mickey parts in 2 fucking songs) 

Nobody fucking cares if you think he is yelling on AC/DC songs. That's not an argument. As a fan who went both shows, i can safely say both guitarists are interesting enough to buy a ticket. Then again, that's just my opinion and this isn't enough for an argument

Just give up maynard, you basically doesn't know jackshit about vocals, signing or basic biology.

Lol

Tell me something then, why does Axl uses his Mickey voice on those two or three ACDC songs? 110% effort should mean he would destroy those songs like he does with the others. Biologically (since you're an expert) what stops him?

4 hours ago, maynard said:

Tell me something then, why does Axl uses his Mickey voice on those two or three ACDC songs? 110% effort should mean he would destroy those songs like he does with the others. Biologically (since you're an expert) what stops him?

His mid-range is gone. For good. He will never sing as strong as in the 90's in every song in every register

110% means he use what he have. Still, after 30 years. What you can see in an AXL/DC show is Axl on full power mode. That's what i called effort. That's what he can capable in his mid 50's. We already saw that in 2010 he was on full force with GNR (despite the fat). He had some serious motivation. Not to mention his 2006 voice, where i thought he will be back to the top universally....  Then we saw a certain decline. Then we saw the reunion where he gave a little more effort to GNR songs. We cheered. Then AXL/DC happened. He was a beast. Most of the AXL/DC shows, he was phenomenal if you consider his past 10-15 years.  I saw him live, dude. It was completely surreal to experience it. I've enjoyed the GNR show too. But with AXL/DC, i've enjoyed the real deal. GNR shows pale in comparison to the DC gigs. Biologically, if you're yelling (lol yelling)  it's more demanding to your vocal chords. Not to mention the material was new to him. He learned more songs in a few weeks than he released in the last 25 years, bro....What is so hard to grasp about this one?

Edited by Budd Dwyer

26 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

His mid-range is gone. For good. He will never sing as strong as in the 90's in every song in every register

110% means he use what he have. Still, after 30 years. What you can see in an AXL/DC show is Axl on full power mode. That's what i called effort. That's what he can capable in his mid 50's. We already saw that in 2010 he was on full force with GNR (despite the fat). He had some serious motivation. Not to mention his 2006 voice, where i thought he will be back to the top universally....  Then we saw a certain decline. Then we saw the reunion where he gave a little more effort to GNR songs. We cheered. Then AXL/DC happened. He was a beast. Most of the AXL/DC shows, he was phenomenal if you consider his past 10-15 years.  I saw him live, dude. It was completely surreal to experience it. I've enjoyed the GNR show too. But with AXL/DC, i've enjoyed the real deal. GNR shows pale in comparison to the DC gigs. Biologically, if you're yelling (lol yelling)  it's more demanding to your vocal chords. Not to mention the material was new to him. He learned more songs in a few weeks than he released in the last 25 years, bro....What is so hard to grasp about this one?

I agree with your first statement.

Now for the long part... What I see in an AXL/DC show is Axl feeling comfortable. He can deliver his trademark raspy voice on more songs than on his own material. Don't see a difference in effort but more in songs being easier for him to sing. That's where we disagree. His behavior on stage is identical on both bands. When singing Coma or YCBM he looks like he'll have a stroke. When singing Hells Bells or Back in Black, he looks a lil like old Axl, screaming like a demon. Because the songs allow him to do it. Motivation and effort might play a role in it but I think it has more to do with the songs being simply easier. I mean Brian Johnson who was a lot older still managed to do those songs before going def, now ask him to do YCBM or WTTJ... I don't question that it must great to witness Axl singing well live, never really questioned it, I just don't like the songs, what's wrong with that?

Screaming or yelling might be more demanding for some. Doesn't seem to be Axl's case. I see him having a heart attack trying to sing PC but screaming about thunders just fine, go figure. He learned the songs because he was hired to sing them, what are you implying here? :lol:

Do you think I'm some kind of apologist? I'm just saying I don't see this difference in effort you impressed kids see. Axl sings like shit with GNR because he simply can't sing those songs anymore. If he can it probably will damage his chords in the long run and he wants to do a$ much $how$ as possible. If he was giving 110% on ACDC, there wouldn't be a sight of Mickey and he would be running around and would try to lose weight. Feel free to disagree, you can live on your own reality if it makes you feel better.

There's video evidence of all I'm saying here. Still trying to find proof about the motivation and effort stuff you guys keep talking about.

Because the songs allow him to do it. Motivation and effort might play a role in it but I think it has more to do with the songs being simply easier.

I have a gut feeling  that you'll probably only listened to Back in Black and Highway To Hell and maybe Whole Lotta Rosie from AC/DC. I mean the studio songs. The songs are not easier. Any people who tried to sing those songs (and not on a fucking karaoke while half drunk) can tell you how fucking wrong your assumption is.

Besides, if he can sing like a demon like his old self, that's pretty much refute your argument about the songs are just yelling. using rasp requires the real effort

Brian Johnson was not good since 2000. I saw them live before.  He pretty much struggled the material and they band had to tune down their songs, it was pathetic from a certain standpoint. Axl sounds like Brian Johson 1980. Plus he gives some extra power to the Bon Scott songs, unless the actual line or verse is in the mid range

I could ask Brian Johson to sing YCBM or WTTJ and until 2000 he could deliver. He was a fucking great singer with a great voice, if you ask me. Maybe his lyrics are simple shit, but his recorded vocals were always top notch. 

Again, you obviously over exaggregate (have a heart attack during PC etc.) that's bullshit and you know it. PC is usually the show closer. Axl have not been performed a good PC since the 90's, imho. Not even 2006 or 2010 performances were good enough. That being said, he still pulled out YCBM in 06 or 10. In 2010 he quickly ran out of breath. I think it's more than obvious, that was because the tremendous fatness and lack of exercise. 

What i'm implying there? He regurarly rehearsed, because finally someone else runs the show. Axl is not the boss of AC/DC (thank fuck for that). Plus he idolised AC/DC since the 70's, since his childhood. Imagine that you could suddenly perform with your childhood idols...Imagine the opportunity you have to front two A list bands....Btw he is probably bored as fuck with his own songs. The DC material was fresh for him. Another points for motivation

I think you just don't understand (or you don't want to understand) basic biology. With exercise and effort, he can still pull out. With GNR he was obviously faking the whole thing. He made a mistake back then, because he sung all those supposedly harder GNR songs with rasp in the mid range on the records. He used that vocal technique a lot. Maybe overused it. Maybe because he sounds the best when he use the rasp. His falsetto voice was impressing back then, but as times goes, it became a laughing stock. That is why his Mickey voice is so harsh. It's painful to listen to. That's why i've never understood the love for the 2002 voice or the CD voice. It's just shit and absolutely unfitting for him. Even with power.

Btw "you impresed kids"? :lol: dude i could probably your older brother or something, so stfu

Feel free to point out those video evidences. I can certainly prove my point through video examples. You can't

Btw your logic falls at overusing his voice/saving his voice. He wasn't saved a single bit at the DC shows. There were only one big break (Angus solo) and a small 1-2 minute break before the encore. Yet he pulled off every show. Like i said, when songs come  where the mid-range, talking voice is strong, he seems more incomfortable. Perhaps even Mickey shows up. i've already explained that part and you agreed with me. 

Edited by Budd Dwyer

Yeah, well at least my point is based on what we can actually see/hear and not trying to say how Axl feels about one band or the other. Now if I'm going through the "how Axl feels" path, I'd say he is so lazy he would never take the ACDC job if it required him any real effort. If it was somehow demanding, challenging, out of his comfort zone, he wouldn't have accepted.

I think we all agree for the most part. Axl sounds great with ACDC (although the songs are bad IMO) and sounds like shit on his own band. You guys blame motivation and lack of effort. I say it has more to do with songs being easier and more suited to his current range. After analyzing videos, there's proof he'll go Mickey on some ACDC songs and he'll bring some (high pitched) rasp to GNR songs. The ratio favors ACDC because 99% of the songs consist of high pitched screaming/yelling about thunders. There's still no video about Axl's feelings proving his lack of motivation and effort with GNR.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Yeah, well at least my point is based on what we can actually see/hear and not trying to say how Axl feels about one band or the other. Now if I'm going through the "how Axl feels" path, I'd say he is so lazy he would never take the ACDC job if it required him any real effort. If it was somehow demanding, challenging, out of his comfort zone, he wouldn't have accepted.

I think we all agree for the most part. Axl sounds great with ACDC (although the songs are bad IMO) and sounds like shit on his own band. You guys blame motivation and lack of effort. I say it has more to do with songs being easier and more suited to his current range. After analyzing videos, there's proof he'll go Mickey on some ACDC songs and he'll bring some (high pitched) rasp to GNR songs. The ratio favors ACDC because 99% of the songs consist of high pitched screaming/yelling about thunders. There's still no video about Axl's feelings proving his lack of motivation and effort with GNR.

If Axl can sing like that in AC/DC, he can sing like that Guns tunes. Any type of Hard Rock really. In his range. You don't know what you're talking about or you don't have the balls to admit you were wrong about Axl somehow not being able to sing Guns tunes cause they're "harder" lol :lol: lol

It's not that at all, it's just that Axl is too lazy to prepare for his job like he did for his Idol. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Rovim

maynard might have been on to something if Axl sang the raspier GNR songs well. But he doesn't.

How many words do you guys think Axl would skip during performances if Back In Black was a GNR song played at an lol reunion show? You know, considering how many words he skips on songs like Jungle and such.

Axl forgetting a few lyrics is just a part of him being lazy. It is nothing new and to pretend like it is after 20 years of this shit is silly. Duff is a woman now. That bothers me and actually fucks more with the experience. Don't want him all girly at the show I'm attending. He forgets how to be a man.

Edited by Rovim