The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to give an update on my dad. He went to the hospital a month or so again for a CT scan and other tests to see if the cancer returned or not. He came back with a clear bill of health and de

ordered mcdonalds the fucking idiot delivering it drove in a circle around my apartment for 20 minutes, unable to find it i went inside and contacted support after waiting at the door for 20

Posted Images

@EstrangedTWAT I know you are older than me, but at least you are doing something in your life, so you are better than many other people in the world. 

Sometimes I just feel like a failure and a big disappointment, my mom worked so hard to pay for my higher education and I could not even complete it, all the money got wasted and it was a very big amount, and even after that I have been so useless that I could not even do a job. 

Now we are losing our home too and god knows where we will go next. I was feeling so low, I tried to talk to my ex but she was "busy", she could not even take out 5 mins to talk to me.

All I can say is that man hope for the best. Yeah life sucks and life is unfair. 

But people like you, @action and even @arnold layne inspire me that there is still hope. 

39 minutes ago, Słash said:

@EstrangedTWAT I know you are older than me, but at least you are doing something in your life, so you are better than many other people in the world. 

Sometimes I just feel like a failure and a big disappointment, my mom worked so hard to pay for my higher education and I could not even complete it, all the money got wasted and it was a very big amount, and even after that I have been so useless that I could not even do a job. 

Now we are losing our home too and god knows where we will go next. I was feeling so low, I tried to talk to my ex but she was "busy", she could not even take out 5 mins to talk to me.

All I can say is that man hope for the best. Yeah life sucks and life is unfair. 

But people like you, @action and even @arnold layne inspire me that there is still hope. 

And that’s why she’s your EX. Don’t expect otherwise.

Life can be tough, but you’re young buddy. Eventually you’ll reach a point in your life, you’ll look back and realize it was all necessary to get to where you are. Life is never a breeze, there’s always some degree of shit going on, it’s inevitable. Don’t take it on yourself or others, the truth of it all is that while shit will be a part of our existence, misery is not. Aknowledge the shit, don’t ignore it, but don’t dive and swim in it.

Pressure creates diamonds, it’s all about how you use that energy in your life. Don’t let it drag you down, use it as fuel to rise above instead.

I’ve gone through some tough times in my life, some since I had absolutely no control or say in the matter, and some where I didn’t have the option of feeling sorry about it, and the only thing I could do is use it as fuel and motivation to plow through and get to a better spot.

Don’t get too down, bud. Try to focus on how to move past the problem instead of being overwhelmed by the negative aspects. Easier said than done, but not impossible.

Everything is transitory, dark times will pass too.

If there’s any way I can help, let me know. Sometimes even talking shit can be enough to clear your head a bit.

who remembers lego pirates? it'll be my 40th birthday in a couple of months, and I'm gonna get this as a present:

LEGO Ideas 21322 Piraten van Barracuda Baai

for someone who grew up with lego, this looks ridiculously epic, and I can't wait to dig into this set.

this set can also be converted to the ship:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay 21322 | Ideas | Buy online at the Official LEGO®  Shop US

On 3/3/2021 at 10:48 AM, action said:

who remembers lego pirates? it'll be my 40th birthday in a couple of months, and I'm gonna get this as a present:

LEGO Ideas 21322 Piraten van Barracuda Baai

for someone who grew up with lego, this looks ridiculously epic, and I can't wait to dig into this set.

this set can also be converted to the ship:

Pirates of Barracuda Bay 21322 | Ideas | Buy online at the Official LEGO®  Shop US

4ZGBsjD.jpg

i had this one as a kid

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Ah, big ass earthquake at 6AM.  Nature's alarm clock.  Thankfully none of my precious shit fell down.

If you have any hot chick neighbors apologize for the noise at 6 am. Say you had guest over  !

8 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

If you have any hot chick neighbors apologize for the noise at 6 am. Say you had guest over  !

Siiiigh.  I used to feel like such a pimp...walking random girls in and out, hoping all my nosey neighbors were taking notes.

Been a few years though.  One hell of a dry spell.

On 3/4/2021 at 4:48 AM, action said:

who remembers lego pirates? it'll be my 40th birthday in a couple of months, and I'm gonna get this

I have all of the original Pirate sets from 1989 and 90, all in great condition.

Unfortunately most of my/my brothers Castle sets got played with to death, we had a lot of the original Lion/Falcon sets including the castles.

This is a pic from when I last built the ships, about a decade ago

20190802-095118.jpg

1 hour ago, Doctor Dom said:

I have all of the original Pirate sets from 1989 and 90, all in great condition.

Unfortunately most of my/my brothers Castle sets got played with to death, we had a lot of the original Lion/Falcon sets including the castles.

This is a pic from when I last built the ships, about a decade ago

20190802-095118.jpg

me and my brother played with the black knights and wolfpack, which was a lot of fun.

wolfpack may be my favorite lego faction ever, just a bunch of sleazy bandits

29 minutes ago, action said:

me and my brother played with the black knights and wolfpack, which was a lot of fun.

wolfpack may be my favorite lego faction ever, just a bunch of sleazy bandits

Lego from the early 80s to mid 90s was unreal.