The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my yearly physical the week of Thanksgiving. My health has been failing in recent years. I have had cancer scares, heart issues, breathing issues, put on a fuck ton of weight, thyroid issues, et

ordered mcdonalds the fucking idiot delivering it drove in a circle around my apartment for 20 minutes, unable to find it i went inside and contacted support after waiting at the door for 20

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

It's on like every best gamecube games list out there.

Windwaker's awesome. It's also aged really well visually because cell shading. What TV are you playing it on? Have you got a CRT set up or is it on a modern TV? I usually play all my Gamecube games via emulation with upscaling because the actual Gamecube looks like shit on my TV. 

Most games and consoles pre PS3/360 gen look like wank on anything but a CRT. I was playing Super Metroid on my Switch via TV the other day and even though it outputs via HDMI at 1080P it looks shit. Had to switch to RetroArch with scanlines and CRT filtering before my OCD stopped kicking my arse. :lol: 

Also Ikaruga is fucking awesome but fuck me it's rock hard! 

Plasma. CRT does not have a place in my house. It'll be through my Wii with an HDMI output. I have a media PC with an HDMI card that I could use Dolphin with and see how that looks. That's also the only way I'm gonna be able to play Breath of the Wild.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Windwaker's awesome. It's also aged really well visually because cell shading. What TV are you playing it on? Have you got a CRT set up or is it on a modern TV? I usually play all my Gamecube games via emulation with upscaling because the actual Gamecube looks like shit on my TV. 

Most games and consoles pre PS3/360 gen look like wank on anything but a CRT. I was playing Super Metroid on my Switch via TV the other day and even though it outputs via HDMI at 1080P it looks shit. Had to switch to RetroArch with scanlines and CRT filtering before my OCD stopped kicking my arse. :lol: 

200.gif

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

that's because you don't own one of these

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gamecube scart cable

5 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Plasma. CRT does not have a place in my house. It'll be through my Wii with an HDMI output. I have a media PC with an HDMI card that I could use Dolphin with and see how that looks. That's also the only way I'm gonna be able to play Breath of the Wild.

Breath of the Wild works really well on the CEmu emulator as long as you have a decent graphics card. 

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Holy. Shit.

The XBox Live Arcade version had an option to play with your TV in portrait mode. So basically you take your TV off it’s stand and literally stand it on it’s end so you can play in pinball table ratio rather than having big borders at the edges of the screen. I’m sure my old plasma didn’t appreciate being fucked with like that. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

The XBox Live Arcade version had an option to play with your TV in portrait mode. So basically you take your TV off it’s stand and literally stand it on it’s end so you can play in pinball table ratio rather than having big borders at the edges of the screen. I’m sure my old plasma didn’t appreciate being fucked with like that. :lol: 

GC Version has that too. My tv weighs about 90 lbs though and it's not on a mount. I used to LOVE top down shooters like this in the acrade. 1941, Sky Shark, Raiden. It's a badass game.

8 hours ago, Manhattan said:

I'm debating on applying for a job as a cook.

I need to get unstuck. 

Despite all my bananas, I'm still just a monkey in a cage. 

Worst job at a restaurant 

Edit

Stay away from restaurants unless you're a smoke show chick under  30

Or get a gig as bartender at a gay bar.

Expensive drinks great tips.