The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

On 2/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, Manhattan said:

That’s the thing. I’m cockblocked from doing. Literally fucking anything. 

Life is an airport terminal. 

We got to sit at the bar or buy some Burger King until our next flight, but the flight is delayed until further notice 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to give an update on my dad. He went to the hospital a month or so again for a CT scan and other tests to see if the cancer returned or not. He came back with a clear bill of health and de

Thanks so much for the kind words dudes...I was gonna bow out with grace but fuck it, I'll stick around as long as I can. I love this place, thanks to JB and all of you who contribute.   I c

Posted Images

I'm seriously contemplating throwing the internet out of the window.

life was so much simpler in the 80s and 90s. 

then, social media gave every fool a voice, when they should really shut up.

I don't need the internet, I have an encyclopedia dated 1957 to fill the gaps in my knowledge. it even has a small elvis article (beatles didn't form yet).

24 minutes ago, action said:

I'm seriously contemplating throwing the internet out of the window.

life was so much simpler in the 80s and 90s. 

then, social media gave every fool a voice, when they should really shut up.

I don't need the internet, I have an encyclopedia dated 1957 to fill the gaps in my knowledge. it even has a small elvis article (beatles didn't form yet).

The USSR won the Cold War

The Twin Towers are still standing

Axl Rose puts out new albums. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The USSR won the Cold War

The Twin Towers are still standing

Axl Rose puts out new albums. 

from "modern family encyclopedia in 8 volumes" copyright 1966: 

PRESLEY, Elvis Aron (1935), American singer of popular songs, started in 1953 his career as a singer and in short time became extremely popular with the youth, for example with his rock-and-roll songs, like that's all right mamma and blue moon of Kentucky. Furthermore he sang, among others, Love me tender and loving you.

In the same volume, I looked up "Penis", but with no results. 

How do people on here deal with Anxiety and when you know your life is going to be shit? 

A lot of shit is going in my life, I did mention before how my other family members are crap, now well our family home is being sold, everyone was after this house cause they want more money, but this is our home and now even this will be gone.

I don't know how much share my mom will get but I am so worried that where will we even go, we don't even have any source of income and now they are taking the roof of our heads. I am feeling so awful and I have been crying. 

12 minutes ago, Słash said:

How do people on here deal with Anxiety and when you know your life is going to be shit? 

A lot of shit is going in my life, I did mention before how my other family members are crap, now well our family home is being sold, everyone was after this house cause they want more money, but this is our home and now even this will be gone.

I don't know how much share my mom will get but I am so worried that where will we even go, we don't even have any source of income and now they are taking the roof of our heads. I am feeling so awful and I have been crying. 

To-alcohol-The-cause-of-and-solution-to-

12 minutes ago, Słash said:

anxiety? shit life? oh, I know all of that. 

our family home is gone, along with most of it's memories. I left home, was on non speaking terms with my dad, a bad relationship with my mum, was rejected by every girl I ever met, had a shit job with an even shittier boss. I lived alone on an appartment in a shithole, with the curtains closed all day, living in darkness and pretending as if GTA 4 was the real life. No friends, no hobbies, no wife, nothing. Rock bottom zero.

This went on until I was... 27 years old I think.

luckily, I never did drugs or booze. 

Fast forward 13 years, and I have a wonderful job, a lovely wife, a cool kid, nice home and a new lease on life. Still no friends, but I don't miss those, because people suck anyway.

one day, I got lucky, drew a winning hand, and I made the best out of it. I could have acted like a fool and throw it all away, but I didn't.

I would love to tell you that all my luck was my own doing, but it wasnt. Sheer luck, a gift from the gods, I don't know. But everything that followed, was a result of my own efforts. you get nothing in life free. 

@action I am sorry what you went through and I am happy that your life is better now, I am 28 and like you before I have no friends, no hobbies, no girlfriend and now in the next coming weeks no house too. 

I don't do drugs or drink booze either. It's just that all the bad people get the good things and the good people who do good for others are treated like shit and get nothing. 

Hopefully one day life turns out to be good for me too. 

1 hour ago, action said:

anxiety? shit life? oh, I know all of that. 

our family home is gone, along with most of it's memories. I left home, was on non speaking terms with my dad, a bad relationship with my mum, was rejected by every girl I ever met, had a shit job with an even shittier boss. I lived alone on an appartment in a shithole, with the curtains closed all day, living in darkness and pretending as if GTA 4 was the real life. No friends, no hobbies, no wife, nothing. Rock bottom zero.

This went on until I was... 27 years old I think.

luckily, I never did drugs or booze. 

Fast forward 13 years, and I have a wonderful job, a lovely wife, a cool kid, nice home and a new lease on life. Still no friends, but I don't miss those, because people suck anyway.

one day, I got lucky, drew a winning hand, and I made the best out of it. I could have acted like a fool and throw it all away, but I didn't.

I would love to tell you that all my luck was my own doing, but it wasnt. Sheer luck, a gift from the gods, I don't know. But everything that followed, was a result of my own efforts. you get nothing in life free. 

Smart for never doing drugs and booze. If I could go back in time that's what I would have told myself. Lay off the drugs. 

9 hours ago, Słash said:

It's just that all the bad people get the good things and the good people who do good for others are treated like shit and get nothing. 

you see, I believe this is not the case.

it is true that some people seem to always have luck, but what other people fail to understand is that you can create your own luck.

Everyone  of us, in their lives encounters luck sometimes. You need to do two things when that happens to you:

- identify the luck you're being dealt

- make the best out of it.

If luck comes onto your path, don't throw it away, don't pass it by.

a good life, is a combination of luck and hard work. If one of the two is missing, nothing comes to fruition.

But, in conclusion, I firmly believe that luck comes on everyones path. keep an eye open for when it happens to you. 

I've bought an old dia projector today, because I have boxes upon boxes of old dia's from my childhood laying around. It's been decades since I watched them.

So I set it up in our bedroom (the only room with an empty white wall), darkened the lights, and the family gathered around the projector. With only the sound of the humming machine and the clicking of the dia's, old images being projected in stunning clarity on the wall, as large as if you're at the movies.

For a short moment, it was 1994 again. I was really there, in the image. darkness. sounds. nostalgia.

16 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I wish everything I owned fit in a suit case. I'd be able to focus more and be more productive.

I keep everything that matters in a rucksack under my bed. I’m gone in 15 seconds. 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:38 AM, Słash said:

I cry.

I think about killing myself.

I think about all the potential I had in this glorious precious gift of life, especially being a smarter than average guy.....but my own fucking laziness ruined everything.

I obsess about how I lost every woman I ever loved.

I think about how much I fucking despise myself.

Uh, does that help?

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I cry.

I think about killing myself.

I think about all the potential I had in this glorious precious gift of life, especially being a smarter than average guy.....but my own fucking laziness ruined everything.

I obsess about how I lost every woman I ever loved.

I think about how much I fucking despise myself.

Uh, does that help?

don't be a kurt cobain. be a rocky balboa

I am now older than Tommy Lee Jones was when he filmed "Lonesome Dove."   Now granted, he was made up to look old, but fuck man....I remember the dude looking like he was 75 years old in that movie.

I hate being old.

Also, read the book or watch the original 1989 mini series Lonesome Dove.   It's really dope.