The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

I'd never been a massage guy before but the current Lady Doom takes me to get a Thai massage every few months.

About $90 USD?

Is Thai massage code for something?

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

I went to a Chiropractor for my torn ACL. I put it on my insurance every year. 

This place doesn't take insurance but they do deep tissue massage and my shoulder need one like the Devil needs a bath.

50 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I just bought my brother a plot of land in Ireland for his birthday. 

You know, Arnold, I've always considered you something of a brother. :winkiss:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks so much for the kind words dudes...I was gonna bow out with grace but fuck it, I'll stick around as long as I can. I love this place, thanks to JB and all of you who contribute.   I c

I had my yearly physical the week of Thanksgiving. My health has been failing in recent years. I have had cancer scares, heart issues, breathing issues, put on a fuck ton of weight, thyroid issues, et

Posted Images

I am feeling really bad at the moment, plus I have no friends to vent out to so I am going to say here. 

My mom keeps on taking shit from her siblings and her own mother, they treat her like shit and she keeps on doing things for them. 

Before I always stood up for her, I always spoke up against them and fought with them, I told my mom to stop doing things for them and stop talking to them, but she din't, it really started to affect me mentally so I basically cut all ties for good with the rest of them. 

My mom still talks to them, but I did not let it affect me cause I told her 1000 times to cut off contact with them but she does not listens to me, now basically she is taking their anger on me and making issues with me. 

I just feel so bad, like after all she is my mom and it hurts me to see her like this and now she taking out all her anger on me it hurts me even more. 

They have fleeced money out of her, taken her jewelries, they make her do all the work and treat her like shit, it's like she is a slave for them. My dad is not in the picture if anyone is wondering. 

10 minutes ago, Słash said:

My mom keeps on taking shit from her siblings and her own mother, they treat her like shit and she keeps on doing things for them. 

Damn, sorry to hear that dude.

My mom is the same way but the situation is not that bad.

It's frustrating as hell but all you can do is just say your peace so you can be sane and let it be. At least that's what I find. I also think that encouraging your mom to do positive social behaviors like working out and trying to make friends and hope for the best.

Unfortunately, this is how women operate without men around. 

So fuckin' bored that I bought these stupid masks today.

Screenshot_2021-01-22-16-18-47(1).thumb.png.3f36699afd288952300cc252fa429cad.png

Should I cut hole in the cigarette smoking one and put a real lit cigarette hanging out the mask?

Smokes are expensive, maybe I want to share my white priveledge with the world.

4 hours ago, Słash said:

I am feeling really bad at the moment, plus I have no friends to vent out to so I am going to say here. 

Before I always stood up for her, I always spoke up against them and fought with them, I told my mom to stop doing things for them and stop talking to them, but she din't, it really started to affect me mentally so I basically cut all ties for good with the rest of them. 

My mom still talks to them, but I did not let it affect me cause I told her 1000 times to cut off contact with them but she does not listens to me, now basically she is taking their anger on me and making issues with me. 

I just feel so bad, like after all she is my mom and it hurts me to see her like this and now she taking out all her anger on me it hurts me even more. 

They have fleeced money out of her, taken her jewelries, they make her do all the work and treat her like shit, it's like she is a slave for them. My dad is not in the picture if anyone is wondering. 

By siblings you mean her brothers and sisters? By work you mean housework? 

4 hours ago, Cigarette Smoking Man said:

A plot of land? What? Where? 

http://www.buyireland.com/

Not sure what legal ramifications are involved, if any. 

My brother has enough money to buy things he wants. I just wanted to send him something different. 

Now that China buying everything, maybe Americans need to relocate. 

Kidding. 

Spoiler

Or am I? 👀 

7 hours ago, wasted said:

By siblings you mean her brothers and sisters? By work you mean housework? 

Yeah she has a brother and a few sisters, all of them just fleece money out of her.

By work I mean every work they could get out of her, they tell her to get groceries for them and don't even pay her, she cooks food for them, their children who are younger than me humiliate her. 

Every 6 months my grandmom breaks her foot or hand or her back and she gets bed ridden, so my mom does all the work for her and still my grandmom insults her. I haven't talked to my grandmom since 2 years now. 

If they have a small party/order food from outside they don't give her anything, they make fun of her dresses, they insult her, they make issues even if she eats eggs. 

One aunt took a loan from my mom of $25,000 around 14 years ago and still she hasn't paid back, her excuse is that every summer vacation the clothes they gifted us, the money went in that, so according to them they have repaid the money. My mom still talks to her and her children.

Another aunt wanted some jewellery for a wedding, so she took it from my mom, after a few days when my mom asked, my aunt said she misplaced it and can't find it anywhere.

Another aunt took around $60,000 from my mom 3 years ago, they have not returned a single penny, when my mom asks, they said they are broke but every year they go on luxury holidays and every month they are buying expensive items and they cry they have no money.

But still she keeps on doing things for them. We are really broke at the moment, all of my mom's money have been taken my them and we are really financially fucked at the moment. 

What the hell is wrong with your mom?

Sounds like they've been abusive to her since she was a kid and they have some kind of hold over her.

Look man.....there's nothing you can do for her if she won't stand up for herself.  She's obviously a grown adult.  She's choosing to live this way.  You can't force her to come to her senses.  She has to do it on her own.

26 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

What the hell is wrong with your mom?

Sounds like they've been abusive to her since she was a kid and they have some kind of hold over her.

Look man.....there's nothing you can do for her if she won't stand up for herself.  She's obviously a grown adult.  She's choosing to live this way.  You can't force her to come to her senses.  She has to do it on her own.

Yes thats why since the past 6 months I have stopped saying anything to her and I have stopped standing up for her cause she is a an adult, but now she is basically taking out their anger on me, it's really a messed up situation. 

30 minutes ago, Słash said:

Yeah she has a brother and a few sisters, all of them just fleece money out of her.

By work I mean every work they could get out of her, they tell her to get groceries for them and don't even pay her, she cooks food for them, their children who are younger than me humiliate her. 

Every 6 months my grandmom breaks her foot or hand or her back and she gets bed ridden, so my mom does all the work for her and still my grandmom insults her. I haven't talked to my grandmom since 2 years now. 

If they have a small party/order food from outside they don't give her anything, they make fun of her dresses, they insult her, they make issues even if she eats eggs. 

One aunt took a loan from my mom of $25,000 around 14 years ago and still she hasn't paid back, her excuse is that every summer vacation the clothes they gifted us, the money went in that, so according to them they have repaid the money. My mom still talks to her and her children.

Another aunt wanted some jewellery for a wedding, so she took it from my mom, after a few days when my mom asked, my aunt said she misplaced it and can't find it anywhere.

Another aunt took around $60,000 from my mom 3 years ago, they have not returned a single penny, when my mom asks, they said they are broke but every year they go on luxury holidays and every month they are buying expensive items and they cry they have no money.

But still she keeps on doing things for them. We are really broke at the moment, all of my mom's money have been taken my them and we are really financially fucked at the moment. 

Who pays your bills? Any money that comes where does it come from? 

I’m just trying to understand what would justify their entitlement or her generosity. Does she feel like she has no money long term, so she’s just at their mercy and trying to buy favor? 

I’ve experienced similar things with money and family. People do rationalize their selfishness for sure. Humans are weird. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Who pays your bills? Any money that comes where does it come from? 

I’m just trying to understand what would justify their entitlement or her generosity. Does she feel like she has no money long term, so she’s just at their mercy and trying to buy favor? 

I’ve experienced similar things with money and family. People do rationalize their selfishness for sure. Humans are weird. 

At the moment we have no source of income, we are basically living on our savings, my grandfather was a rich man, he opened different businesses for all his children, so the business which was given to my mom, I was handling it and that was our only source of income.

The business which my mom's brother had, he started to do illegal things and went to jail, he came back from jail 3 years ago and my mom handed her own business to him cause he is the SON of the family and he is some sort of God and how he went through harsh times, well it's his fault he started to do illegal things and just like that my mom gave him the only source of income we had.

My aunt thought what a fool my mom is, so even she fleeced out $60,000 from my mom which we had saved since so many years and we were planning to invest it somewhere. 

It's not about she is at their mercy and trying to buy favour, no one has done any favour on her, they have just taken things out of her. According to my mom it is her "Duty" to do things for them as they are her mother, brother and sisters. 

I am a generous person too, I do go out of my way to help people, but when people treat me like shit or fleece things out of me, I cut off contact with them and never help them again. But she keeps on doing things for the same people again and again. 

36 minutes ago, Słash said:

At the moment we have no source of income, we are basically living on our savings, my grandfather was a rich man, he opened different businesses for all his children, so the business which was given to my mom, I was handling it and that was our only source of income.

The business which my mom's brother had, he started to do illegal things and went to jail, he came back from jail 3 years ago and my mom handed her own business to him cause he is the SON of the family and he is some sort of God and how he went through harsh times, well it's his fault he started to do illegal things and just like that my mom gave him the only source of income we had.

My aunt thought what a fool my mom is, so even she fleeced out $60,000 from my mom which we had saved since so many years and we were planning to invest it somewhere. 

It's not about she is at their mercy and trying to buy favour, no one has done any favour on her, they have just taken things out of her. According to my mom it is her "Duty" to do things for them as they are her mother, brother and sisters. 

I am a generous person too, I do go out of my way to help people, but when people treat me like shit or fleece things out of me, I cut off contact with them and never help them again. But she keeps on doing things for the same people again and again. 

I just say these things instinctively but I have ruminated and my guess was the politics of family. Your mom felt duty to family but other family members just think she was stupid, and ultimately the family needs must, so there’s no choice. So they blame her their lives sucking. Most people need a scapegoat. 

Whether it’s traditional or religious, there’s some sort of order. But you do have this dynamic of the older people living by a code the younger ones reject other than to get money. The other thing I notice is that the older style is to do things for free but that is always called back. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. But there is in terms of family. 

The solution for you is to sell what is free and have a vendetta when it comes to the cheddar. Family is like a microcosm of society. Once you know your place, you know how to play the game. 

Edited by wasted

I thought I fixed my Lenovo lap top but it still refuses to charge or turn on. I think the power socket is loose. So fun times queuing at the service center is coming. They better be a KFC in da vicinity. 

1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

had a retard moment and tried to clean a stainless steel (aluminum?) fridge door with a green scrubbie and mr clean

entire front surface covered in ugly scratch scuffs

what do i do @AxlisOld

scrarch the whole thing up with steel wool and tell people it’s called an “after market matte finish”

7 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

had a retard moment and tried to clean a stainless steel (aluminum?) fridge door with a green scrubbie and mr clean

what do i do @AxlisOld

Well my guess would be unless you're more retarded than possible, you didn't use a metal scrubbie. Which means you probably just scratched the finish, not the metal. Get some appliance polish. If you did use a metal scrubbie, live with your failure, dumbass.

11 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Well my guess would be unless you're more retarded than possible, you didn't use a metal scrubbie. Which means you probably just scratched the finish, not the metal. Get some appliance polish. If you did use a metal scrubbie, live with your failure, dumbass.

you do realize it's me you're talking to right

but no it wasn't metal, it was one of these things

Rhpw8m.jpg

and not a fresh one

the scratches don't look like they go deep, theyre just all over the surface

will pick up some appliance polish

14 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

what do i do @AxlisOld

Only one thing for it really. 

Burn the damn place down. 

9 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

you do realize it's me you're talking to right

but no it wasn't metal, it was one of these things

Rhpw8m.jpg

and not a fresh one

the scratches don't look like they go deep, theyre just all over the surface

will pick up some appliance polish

You're fucked man. Going to need a new fridge.

Took my bricked laptop to service. Memory bar on motherboard is broken so can’t use extra memory, but once you take it out it turns. But the power cable was loose so wouldn’t charge anyway. So new power cable, took out memory. It works but it might be slower. Now I have to work out why I have a laptop anyway. 

Edited by wasted

In our personal and professional lives, we are constantly hit with one adversity after the other, most of which we have no control over. But the four things we have total control over is how we react, how we adapt, how we breathe, and how we take action.

FewDesertedBrant-max-1mb.gif

Diamond Page Man