The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks so much for the kind words dudes...I was gonna bow out with grace but fuck it, I'll stick around as long as I can. I love this place, thanks to JB and all of you who contribute.   I c

I had my yearly physical the week of Thanksgiving. My health has been failing in recent years. I have had cancer scares, heart issues, breathing issues, put on a fuck ton of weight, thyroid issues, et

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cigarette Smoking Man said:

Is it hard to get good coffee over in the states? I don't remember because I didn't drink the stuff when I lived there. I remember some brand called Folgers, instant shit, couldn't believe the terrible name, sounds like slang for a huge turd.

"Larry, don't go in that toilet for a good half hour, I just dropped a huge Folger after last night's Chipotle." 

Given yanks obsession with the stuff you must have good coffee available surely? 

53 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Americans don't know what good coffee is. Starbucks dominates the market and they truly have some of the worst coffee I've ever bad. Folgers tastes like a luxury brand compared to Starbucks.

Thanks Seattle. Right @AxlisOld?

#1 Fuck Seattle

#2 Costco carries some decent shit. I'm far from a coffee snob but my wife is and she likes it fine.

1 minute ago, bacardimayne said:

are you retarded

I see your point.

BUT, a McDonald's coffee for any size is $1. If you're going to pay that much for a McDonald's coffee you may as well get the whole experience. 

2 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

is 90 cents normal for a k-cup? sounds extreme

My deal was 50% off Keurig's website, and that was $0.38 a K Cup. I thought it was reasonable to assume the general price for all K Cups is twice that amount. 

But I dunno. My Keurig is inoperable. :🤷‍♂️ 

58 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Have you ever had Starbucks?

They burn the shit out of their beans and convince a bunch of Karens it's good coffee. 

Yeah. A couple of times. It's nothing special. Much better coffee to be found elsewhere 

8 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Tiling my bathroom instead of linoleum. Fucking shit it's a pain in the ass. You've done some shit like this right @John Bonham

0117211810-HDR.jpg

Loving the location of the toilet. You should leave it there. Simultaneous shower and shitting is the future.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Loving the location of the toilet. You should leave it there. Simultaneous shower and shitting is the future.

Don't need it. Can't beat the ol' waffle stomp in a pinch.

Edited by AxlisOld

I haven't even put thinset down yet. My son in law said he can't wait to be able to do projects like this on his own house. I said, "yes the fuck you can, it sucks."

5 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Don't need it. Can't beat the ol' waffle stomp in a pinch.

Sounds like something Miser would do. If by waffle you mean small animal and if by stomp you mean torture. 

It's almost 4AM and I can't sleep cause anytime my brain starts to go into unconsciousness I start thinking really random and terrifying things.

Like how I always say I always want to seek the truth and I wish I knew the real answers to all of life's mysteries, but in actuality, that knowledge would probably terrify me to the point of insanity.

If I asked "Are aliens real?" and the answer is a firm "Yes." I don't know how I'd react to that.  I'd probably shit myself in terror while my brain broke into a millions pieces.

Then I started wondering if I'm even real at all...am I just a character in someone's video game?

We THINK we want all the answers, but we probably wouldn't like it if we got them.

I'm too freaked out to sleep.

47 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

It's almost 4AM and I can't sleep cause anytime my brain starts to go into unconsciousness I start thinking really random and terrifying things.

Like how I always say I always want to seek the truth and I wish I knew the real answers to all of life's mysteries, but in actuality, that knowledge would probably terrify me to the point of insanity.

If I asked "Are aliens real?" and the answer is a firm "Yes." I don't know how I'd react to that.  I'd probably shit myself in terror while my brain broke into a millions pieces.

Then I started wondering if I'm even real at all...am I just a character in someone's video game?

We THINK we want all the answers, but we probably wouldn't like it if we got them.

I'm too freaked out to sleep.

Why would that scare you (aliens)? Be pretty neat to know we're not alone in the universe.

And if you are a character in someone's game, what of it? What can you do it about it?

Maybe it's all a dream. Maybe one day, you got a good knock on the head when you were a kid and everything that's happened since has been a coma dream and you're actually still a kid in a hospital bed. 

Maybe reality only exists because YOU subjectively perceive it. Maybe there's even Lovecraftian terrors waiting out in deep space. Who knows?

Think of all the life that has come and gone on this planet. 4.6 billion years and humanity is just a tiny drop in the bucket in the chain of evolution. Which means you and I and anyone alive or any individuals are not even grains of sand in the overall, cosmic scheme of things. I think there's nothing inherently wrong with that, it's humbling and a nice thought, and makes the idea of death personally all the less scary. There are more dead humans than there ever will be living ones; there are more extinct species than will ever exist.

I don't think any of the potential answers to these sorts of questions are scary personally. I think that there's more to the universe than any human mind can even begin to comprehend, and I think that's actually a beautiful thing, not scary in the slightest.