The General Chat/Random Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Finally broke down and bought a MacBook Air so that I can use GarageBand.

I already noticed the headphone input jack is different so at this time I can't even plug a guitar in with the usual headphone adapter, and I also need a CD reader, and a normal USB plug adapter since these things are no longer included.

I hope I don't regret buying this thing

Yeah seems like things are going swimmingly already.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks so much for the kind words dudes...I was gonna bow out with grace but fuck it, I'll stick around as long as I can. I love this place, thanks to JB and all of you who contribute.   I c

I had my yearly physical the week of Thanksgiving. My health has been failing in recent years. I have had cancer scares, heart issues, breathing issues, put on a fuck ton of weight, thyroid issues, et

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Yeah seems like things are going swimmingly already.

I was wrong about the headphone jack, it just looks smaller.

Thats one less thing I need to buy.

Also no audio input jack so the whole things works different than I thought.

I Gotta get a guitar chord that will plug directly into the smaller USB type plug.

Edited by RedHook
26 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

What is it with tech companies making "new" and "improved" products that are shittier than the original. 

New laptops fucking suck. New games consoles suck. 

Digital streaming services fucking suck. 

Goddamn 

progressive planned obsolescence:smugpepe:

you have to consider the aftermarket/used market shit and (not so) surprisingly you'd be better off most of the time

Btw iShit fucking sucks, they only had a good 5K display period, then shit is wack. Yeah, maybe battery life used to be huge compared to anything else, but who cares. Apple is overpriced bullshit

The thirst in the US must be at a critical level. 

Girl I know got engaged. She's a nice person but good fucking god I can't believe anyone would be in a relationship with her let alone want to marry her. 

She is built like a brick shithouse, has chronic health issues and the worst lisp you can imagine. 

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

Jesus Christ. 

If this thing takes off, the economy is going right into the shitter.

Have  spent a week dealing with bullshit paperwork all just to get paid $250 for an appearance at a literary festival in the U.S. 

Such utter convoluted bollocks. I emailed the organiser tonight and told them to donate my payment to a homeless charity and shove their endless bullshit paperwork up their hole. 

Got no reply. 

26 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Have  spent a week dealing with bullshit paperwork all just to get paid $250 for an appearance at a literary festival in the U.S. 

Such utter convoluted bollocks. I emailed the organiser tonight and told them to donate my payment to a homeless charity and shove their endless bullshit paperwork up their hole. 

Got no reply. 

Your a author ?

On 10/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, Bill Brasky said:

LOL .... I posted that a while ago. We knew it was coming, right? And Flippy won't spit in the food or take baths in the sink. 😄

On 10/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, Facekicker said:

The thirst in the US must be at a critical level. 

Girl I know got engaged. She's a nice person but good fucking god I can't believe anyone would be in a relationship with her let alone want to marry her. 

She is built like a brick shithouse, has chronic health issues and the worst lisp you can imagine. 

I’ll be waiting post divorce. 

Getting my new Macbook set up for recording is coming along quickly since I picked up a Scarlett audio interface.

It came with a bunch of software, right now I have been messing around with Garageband and Pro Tools.

20201023_202214.thumb.jpg.81de9368f9dedadf71ea57a8c6f238df.jpg

Also gonna get a new guitar in the next few days.

I want to try these 3,

see what plays/ sounds the best

Screenshot_2020-10-04-23-05-48.thumb.png.c0cc1e7c9a7e2972d9658d91f58394e6.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04-23-04-14.thumb.png.00d5b3c6c8b5e548c39441e094f8ce8a.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04-23-05-08.thumb.png.4965a0e9d1499dd6f429f0ca05864150.png

Edited by RedHook
54 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Getting my new Macbook set up for recording is coming along quickly since I picked up a Scarlett audio interface.

It came with a bunch of software, right now I have been messing around with Garageband and Pro Tools.

20201023_202214.thumb.jpg.81de9368f9dedadf71ea57a8c6f238df.jpg

Also gonna get a new guitar in the next few days.

I want to try these 3,

see what plays/ sounds the best

Screenshot_2020-10-04-23-05-48.thumb.png.c0cc1e7c9a7e2972d9658d91f58394e6.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04-23-04-14.thumb.png.00d5b3c6c8b5e548c39441e094f8ce8a.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04-23-05-08.thumb.png.4965a0e9d1499dd6f429f0ca05864150.png

Look into a PRS SE. They're Korean to Epiphone's China, and their quality control is insane. You could pick one up on reverb for 400ish, maybe less if you catch a deal.